Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When does Father Winter leave?

My Sims are experiencing Winterfest for the first time (and I'm DYING) and all is well except for one tiny issue... Father Winter showed up, put presents under the tree, and is now just wandering around the house, drinking excessive amounts of orange juice from my fridge.

He's been here for several hours now.

When will he leave?

Comments

• Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I wonder if you can trap him in a room & starve him to death since he's just pulling a Kato Kaelin at this point.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have been hearing quite a bit of negative things about this guy. At the moment I'm only in summer, but after hearing about this guy, I went over to that holiday and X out the part where Father Winter coming over. I'll add him back, only after they do something about that, I don't need another house guest who doesn't leave.
  • Options
    SaladToppingSaladTopping Posts: 3 New Member
    He appeared by the chimney around 8pm+ and left around 11pm+ in my game. He gave an expensive PC to my sim as a present. How nice of him :)

I guess you have to ask for presents for him to complete his duty so he could leave? XD
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    He appeared by the chimney around 8pm+ and left around 11pm+ in my game. He gave an expensive PC to my sim as a present. How nice of him :)

I guess you have to ask for presents for him to complete his duty so he could leave? XD

Interesting, I'll have to test that out.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Once Father Winter turned up he never left the neighborhood, kinda broken the immersion.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I have been hearing quite a bit of negative things about this guy. At the moment I'm only in summer, but after hearing about this guy, I went over to that holiday and X out the part where Father Winter coming over. I'll add him back, only after they do something about that, I don't need another house guest who doesn't leave.

I've replaced him with Holiday Gnomes.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    he appeared at my chimney after 8pm and didn't poof back into it until 12:50am after my household went to sleep.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    My Sims are experiencing Winterfest for the first time (and I'm DYING) and all is well except for one tiny issue... Father Winter showed up, put presents under the tree, and is now just wandering around the house, drinking excessive amounts of orange juice from my fridge.

When will he leave?

Unfortunately, he just seems to act like any other sim. He just wanders around and it makes him not feel special. What I liked about sims 2 was that the special NPC's were actually......special. Here you will see Father Winter and the SPring Bunny eating at the festival, walking around the world, etc......its just odd.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yea Father Winter has overstayed his welcome. He keeps showing up tp My Sims house now. I want him in the game but not as a regular townie, he should only show up for Winterfest
  • Options
    Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member

This worked!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    Father Winter in my game sat down and grabbed a plate from my grand meal for himself lol. I decided to fight him for presents and he gave my Sim an expensive grill. I didn’t even know those big grills could fit in your personal inventory.
  • Options
    onmyown1986onmyown1986 Posts: 149 Member
    He leaves my house fine, but then keeps calling me and inviting me out for drinks or to parties etc, and that really really annoys me! He shouldn't be a normal NPC - he should only be there for the holiday, or it completely ruins him!
  • Options
    MollyDTheSimsMollyDTheSims Posts: 21 Member
    I had the issue where he wouldn't leave for months, to fix this I invited him to the park. Then when we got there I ended the group and went home, leaving him there. He didn't come back but he does call and ask me if I want to talk sometimes (which is really annoying) but he doesn't come to my house and act like he lives there.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Weird, I did not even have Winterfest yet, I started in Spring in BB. But for a couple of days I have seen Father Winter walk around where usually all the dogs and cats walk around.. So seeing him already in Spring is kind of odd... o.O
  • Options
    AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    I had Winterfest a couple days ago. For me he left after an hour or two when my sims went to bed after completing the 'ask for gift' tradition from him. I didn't see him leave but when they woke up the next morning he was off the lot. So I find it strange that he's stuck around in other people's games.

Although now every once in awhile he calls me up to invite me to places and parties =\ Which is a bit strange.
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    This whole thread is making me giggle. Who would have thought Father Winter was a mooch and a stalker.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

When will he leave?

You have to tell him Goodbye or ask to leave.
  • Options
    sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2018
    I wonder if they're going to change this. I made the mistake of creating an Easter holiday with the flower bunny and then had to start a new save because he was at LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE LOT I VISITED. I couldn't take it anymore. :/ I wish they had done it more like TS1. I can't believe how quickly I got sick of the holiday extras.

I rarely play with aging on and no one really ever dies, so I'm curious to know if the grim reaper does this too. Are you stuck dining and clubbing with the grim reaper after someone dies? Does he show up at the park, the swimming pool? IS HE EVERYWHERE TOO?
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I really like that NPCs hang out in the neighborhood. I love seeing the Grim Reaper out and about, and creating a club and inviting Santa to join is just awesome.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I don't think he ever leaves. I've seen him constantly since summer and I haven't even made it to winter, yet.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    He yelled at my toddler when she asked for a present. When she finally got one, it was a fossil, just what every toddler wants. She also got a fossil from the gift pile. Her mother, who only makes salads, got a grill from the gift pile and an element from Father Winter. (At least the element was useful, since I could put it in my greenhouse to encourage a 'focused' mood when gardening.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    iliketrainsiliketrains Posts: 1 New Member
    Father Winter came to my sims house at 8 PM and it's 6 AM the next day. He's just standing outside my front door right now.
  • Options
    Mya_NealMya_Neal Posts: 1 New Member
    I had the same issue so while o held down shift and clicked on him I clicked add to family. Then I went into CAS and deleted him. When I got back he was gone. Hope this helps y’all.
  • Options
    jjsims27jjsims27 Posts: 1 New Member
    it's summer in my game on 14 day seasons and he hasn't left my house yet
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    He stayed for two days, walking around uncomfortable all the time. I finally went to the fireplace and put the fire out. He quickly went there and poofed away!

He moved into Newcrest in a 3bdrm 2bath house. Go figure :(