Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Christmas tree decorations not showing up!

What the title says.

The Winterfest started, I was decorating my tree and none of the decorations showed up, only the topper! The conclusion animation (some shining stars I guess) appeared for each but still no decorated tree.

This is really bugging me out :(

Comments

• PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    I have the same issue with my tree. :/ Only the topper's showing. Also the animation was there and the decoration-task fullfilled.
    Hopefully someone might have an idea about that empty tree...
    My mods are updated (the others removed, cache cleared etc.).
    Winterfest was a success anyway. - Dad got as first present a pile of poo-poo :o , wasn't interested in the arrival of "what's his name in English? Father Something?", but went straight to his gym equipment... How rude! The whole day, however, was great, whilst the tree was only green with a blue-silver decor on its top.
    Father Something jumped into the pool during the event, followed by the kid and mother, but they didn't stay there long. It was all very very funny seeing Father Something in shorts and sunny attire while it snowed. And that mom and kid followed the guy into the pool without hesitation... :D
    But that's of no help regarding the tree-question.
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
  • tiagomoucho3tiagomoucho3 Posts: 123 Member
    I have the same issue with my tree. :/ Only the topper's showing. Also the animation was there and the decoration-task fullfilled.
    Winterfest was a success anyway. - Dad got as first present a pile of poo-poo :o , wasn't interested in the arrival of "what's his name in English? Father Something?", but went straight to his gym equipment... How rude! The whole day, however, was great, whilst the tree was only green with a blue-silver decor on its top.
    Father Something jumped into the pool during the event, followed by the kid and mother, but they didn't stay there long. It was all very very funny seeing Father Something in shorts and sunny attire while it snowed. And that mom and kid followed the guy into the pool without hesitation... :D

That sounds like a crazy, but fun, Christmas evening haha

Yea I don't have mods so they aren't causing the issue. I've also cleared all cache and repaired the game because I'm having the event in the calendar not being placed correctly bug too, sadly.

My Father Winter came from the fireplace and I totally missed that! Was focusing on preparing the biggest grand meal ever hahaha
  • mariajane216mariajane216 Posts: 83 Member
    The same thing happened to me
    edited June 2018
    We almost missed him too, "Father Winter" it is (thank you!). He just spawns in front of the fireplace. And THEN I forgot to read that my child had to ASK him for a present to complete the event task. So I had to order him back via MCCC and he then knocked at our door. I hope no other children were missing presents, but MCCC's orders are stronger than the North Pole Agency's commands, lol. :)
    The pile of poo for dad was really mean. :p The child got only nice presents. And mother a vacuum cleaner, thank you very much for the cliché! - Mother was a bit annoyed that Father Winter didn't eat up his portion of the grand meal he was offered. But he certainly was under time pressure. B)
    If you all have no mods we should post in the bug section? But maybe you already did. I just went online now, cause we're on a different time zone.
    The calendar bug seems to happen with the setting of 14 season days or so. It's mentioned in the bug section and on answers HQ. I'm still on 7 days and still in winter. Will have the silvester event later today, if nothing goes wrong.
    Winterfest was even MORE funny (didn't know if I could mention that first): While dad was exercising and kid was playing, mommy thought: "Why not try to go to bed with Father Winter?" <3 Sometimes you get rewards for strange things like that (no reward, though). He sprung into action (wearing the underpants with hearts), and then dad came in during the deed, but did nothing than turn around and hurry to the lego table (???). No jealousy, but maybe it's like that with Father Winter. Mommy didn't get pregnant and didn't want to, because the Father is not exactly good looking while her partner is Floyd Mayweather jun. B) Father Winter didn't fear Floyd's boxing skills, however... :D
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I had my tree in the corner of a room and the decorations didn't show up. So I moved the tree to to an open area and redecorated it and the decorations showed up. So I'm guessing there needs to be enough space for the decorations to spawn. I moved it back into the corner and all is well.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    What the title says.

The Winterfest started, I was decorating my tree and none of the decorations showed up, only the topper! The conclusion animation (some shining stars I guess) appeared for each but still no decorated tree.

Any chance yall have mods or cc in your game?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Interesting. It looks like 2 trees came with Seasons. The plain green tree I wanted to use as a Christmas tree but can’t because there’s no option on it to add decorations. So I had to sell that one and buy the colorful tree. After placing it I’m able to add decorations. What I find interesting is just like the decoration box when it comes to decorating your roof, fence, etc you have to click on the tree multiple times to decorate it fully. Once for the star, once for the lights, once for the garland, etc.

But aside from having to click to add each one individually, I was able to get it working after placing my tree in the center of a room. It ended up going in my kitchen due to space constraints.
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    I had my tree in the corner of a room and the decorations didn't show up. So I moved the tree to to an open area and redecorated it and the decorations showed up. So I'm guessing there needs to be enough space for the decorations to spawn. I moved it back into the corner and all is well.

My decorations didn't show up either. I did what you said (move the tree) and it worked! Thanks for the tip :smiley:
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I can decorate the tree, but in every household I've played that wont place the topper on the tree.
  • tiagomoucho3tiagomoucho3 Posts: 123 Member
    What the title says.

No mods. But like sillyangel0906 said, moving it to a big area might solve this issue for me too. Need to try!
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    Had the same problem, thought it was another bug but moving the tree worked straight away. Thanks.
  • simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    What the title says.

No mods. But like sillyangel0906 said, moving it to a big area might solve this issue for me too. Need to try!

Im going to try this. Only the topper showed up for me
    Well, thank you all! :)<3 I had my tree in a corner, too. So this surely is the problem.
  • simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    I had my tree in a corner
    Once I moved it away and reset the decorations they appeared