Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cold weather clothing indoors

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but whenever my sims have changed into Cold Weather clothes to go out when it is cold, they do not automatically change back to Everyday when going indoors. So unless I tell them myself to change clothes, they can sit around the dinner table or watch TV in their thick jackets and hats all day.
Anyone else got this problem?

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Same here, but I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I even have the thermostat on.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Mine is doing this too. She just **had** to run outside to paint on an easel that was somewhere off in the distance (a park, I guess?). I stopped her from doing that and sent her home and she continued to wear her "cold weather" outfit in the house. They do have a thermostat, but it wasn't on. I did have the fireplace going so I don't understand why she didn't change back into her everyday outfit once back inside.
  • JesseJayJesseJay Posts: 300 Member
    This is the reason why I hated them adding more clothing categories. There always seems to be a problem with it. Even in previous games like the Sims 2 with outdoor clothing. Or was it Sims 3? Whichever it was my sim randomly just stopped changing into the outdoor clothing at one point and never did again.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Same here, but I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I even have the thermostat on.

I've noticed that 'problem' on the livestream. If it's not a bug, but something by design, it was a pretty odd decision on their side.
  • HelloBeastyHelloBeasty Posts: 121 Member
    Yep, same problem :/
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Mysan wrote: »
    I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but whenever my sims have changed into Cold Weather clothes to go out when it is cold, they do not automatically change back to Everyday when going indoors. So unless I tell them myself to change clothes, they can sit around the dinner table or watch TV in their thick jackets and hats all day.
    Anyone else got this problem?

Same here. They change when go outside but when come (and their guests too!) never change.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Unless you have them take a shower or manually change their outfit, they will remain in their hot/cold outfit even when they’re back inside the home.

I hate this and I wish it was automatic that they switch out just like they switch when going outside.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I wish it was automatic that they switch out just like they switch when going outside.

Me too, I hope they fix this.

• altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    I get why this was annoying in sims 2 (and maybe 3, I don't remember how it worked) because you had to send the sims to a dresser to get them to change, but now you can just click on them to change their outfit when they come in the house if they don't do it automatically.
  • MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    Glad I am not alone with this issue, at least. Hopefully there will be an official fix or a mod out eventually.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Same. Even with the thermostat on. So they’re Inside with a coat and a winter hat and gloves, that’s looks odd.
    Also, I have way more laundry to do now.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, is really weird. I hope it's a bug.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Same. Even with the thermostat on. So they’re Inside with a coat and a winter hat and gloves, that’s looks odd.
    Also, I have way more laundry to do now.

Oh, I hadn't thought of how those outdoor outfits would add to the laundry. Good thing they fixed the clean clothes in the hamper bug, but I'm thinking I'll need another hamper.

I think the outerwear mostly worked correctly in Sims 3 - they'd change back when they went inside. There are a few other instances in which Sims don't change out of their clothing properly - they'll change into fitness wear to do yoga or meditate, but won't change back, and they won't change out of their hideous work clothing when they get home. Since my Sims have no autonomy, I just queue up the clothing change, but I can see how annoying this would get if you're not directing your Sims' every move.

I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    JesseJay wrote: »
    This is the reason why I hated them adding more clothing categories. There always seems to be a problem with it. Even in previous games like the Sims 2 with outdoor clothing. Or was it Sims 3? Whichever it was my sim randomly just stopped changing into the outdoor clothing at one point and never did again.

I think they added this mainly for the NPC sims. Those non played creatures need a way to know how to dress. I wish it was not implemented for the active household though, that we could rather select the proper outfit from our normal everyday clothing. Or - they could rather have split the everyday category into warm and cold, instead of having 3 everyday categories.

I don't see this as a huge problem though, just a bit tedious, especially when playing with free will on.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Kind of opposite to the topic, but I have noticed an annoyance with the clothing too. Had a teen sim lounge in the toddler pool in a heatwave, then she got out and dressed in her normal day wear and almost died from the heat! Where is the logic!? Surely she should have either kept her swimwear on or changed into her hot weather outfit?
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Is there a thermostat indoors? and is it Set to warm?
    Maybe the house is still cold?

I don't know That's why I designed Some cold weather, and warm weather outfits to be their Casual/Sleep/Party/Formal, etc, with extra layers.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    i've had same problem they wear there winter coats indoor and out. also it seems awfully cold for spring. I mean nothing wrong with rain and storms, but spring is suppose to be everything reborn, new again. but my sims have there fireplaces going the temp says cold. oh well, next update I guess.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    There's a checkbox somewhere in the game options to turn off sims being affected by the weather.

Think I would try that.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    i've had same problem they wear there winter coats indoor and out. also it seems awfully cold for spring. I mean nothing wrong with rain and storms, but spring is suppose to be everything reborn, new again. but my sims have there fireplaces going the temp says cold. oh well, next update I guess.

Guess it depends where you are, my Springs are pretty colder and sometimes snows, up until May then it's 80ºF+ And Humid.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member

Where I live, it can be all from heatwaves to snowstorms during spring. So for me it is not a weird thing for it to be cold in spring in The Sims.
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    When guests are coming, they stay in winter cloth :( seat at the table, eating and they are not changing!
  • harmzangelharmzangel Posts: 8 New Member
    > @calaprfy said:
    > There's a checkbox somewhere in the game options to turn off sims being affected by the weather.
    >
    > Think I would try that.

I had to do this today after Brent Hecking died from hypothermia while I was at the gym with my sim. I felt so bad for his husband Brant. I tried to get my sim over there to plead with the reaper but dude took him super quick. Seemed faster than usual :\ I've noticed a lot of athletic sims running in the winter in shorts a t-shirt and turning blue. I can't ensure that ALL non-played sims are wearing their correct outer wear in the winter. Come on EA. So until a patched is released my Sims won't be feeling the effects of the temperature. At least not in Winter anyway. Summer seemed fine except for the 5 days in a row of thunderstorms... what's up with that?? And now that I'm in the Seasons game play options section I see you can turn off rain and thunderstorms too. So if I have another summer like that I will be turning off rain in the summer SMH.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    if you turn off them being affected though do they then just go out in mid winter in light clothing ?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I notice my sims might keep their cold clothing on if it's freezing temperatures outside and it effects the inside of the house.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member

I noticed there's a 'mysterious weather' that comes now and again. Sims react differently to it. Also when I started spring it was still cold on the first day or two probably due to the last effects of Winter?
    5vJrxmT.png