Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal clear - Improved glass (Updated with links)

LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
edited March 2016 in Build/Buy Custom Content
I have been working on a little project for personal use, but thought I’d share with the community.

Crystal clear glass is glass that has all of the translucent window texture removed so that looking out of sim windows or glass panels in doors will be more like through freshly washed glass.

I have completed set 1, and have uploaded it in three flavors. Doors, Windows, or Crystal clear combo, which has both.

Doors: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yacGihf-UTOWRQYWpoOXd2TFE/view?usp=sharing
Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yacGihf-UTd1pNVWl3ZGVmdDg/view?usp=sharing
Crystal Clear combo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yacGihf-UTXzAxZF9HUXlyU0E/view?usp=sharing

Here is a list of all included items along with the corresponding needed pack:

Windows
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Base game

The peacock
Mega window cloverleaf
Pessimist’s porthole
Mega window grand
Let there be more light
Porthole Peeper
Outside in window wall
Outside in double window wall
Mega window grand deluxe

Get to work

Bonjour soleil arch
Sims are watching
Le magnifique

Get together

Sun window
Beach outlook
Devout window

Doors
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Base game

Seeing glass
Framed double door
Double door with side lights
Two-panel arched door
The action item
Mega window double grand (oops, I’ll fix it later)

Get to work

Handsome transome
Single push retail door
Luxuriant Breeze Double Doors
Classy glass doors

Get together

Banker’s giant glass doors (Only non tinted glass colors)

Movie Hangout

Green flower power double

tumblr_inline_o4e2wwjwD31rgejdr_540.png
tumblr_inline_o4e2x4Mojp1rgejdr_540.png
tumblr_inline_o4e2xb49vX1rgejdr_540.png
tumblr_inline_o4e2xhEcJm1rgejdr_540.png
tumblr_inline_o4e2xpHGAj1rgejdr_540.png
tumblr_inline_o4e2xx8fNO1rgejdr_540.png
tumblr_inline_o4e2wtDlpc1rgejdr_540.png
"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
Post edited by Linamints on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    Thats awesome!! I hate that you can't look out the windows in sims 4, i thought it was just my game though...
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    @rosemow and @bandcampsquirrel Thank you very much!

I have completed all of the ones I really need for my own game for now, but will still continue to do them on request and might finish the rest of them when I get bored.

But! If either of you are interested in using them in your game, I have updated my original post with links to set 1.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    Hello :)
    Thankyou very much for uploading the items, sharing them with the simming community and posting links. They are very nice!
  • BeezonBeezon Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello :smile: is a windows are still available? It's such a great job
    @Beezon Yes, the windows are still available. I think I have additional ones that were never uploaded. At one point I decided to finish all windows and doors for packs I had but I'm not sure I uploaded these. I will look later tonight.
    Thank you for response :) I'm glad to hear that. When I came home first thing to do will be download your beautifull windows :# Thank you so much <3
    Please let me know when you upload the rest of your amazing work ;) ;) ;)
    @Beezon Here is what I have so far, I think a couple doors from get together need to be done, but there is a lot here!
    In these sets so far as I know, there are all the doors and windows from the base game, get to work, get together*(pretty sure there are 2 missing doors from this file, I'll look for them or re-do them eventually), romantic garden, spa day, vampires and vintage glamour.

Crystal Clear Doors & Windows combo:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rl4H5yE_8E9xm4c1kXEM9IrU39kPVY0s/view?usp=sharing

Crystal Clear Windows only:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/144e-uOk6clzm9jpcf42eDikgSqW8i51x/view?usp=sharing

Crystal Clear Doors only:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pIR2V-BppYoRVcMNUYNv4JE81OkEnuz-/view?usp=sharing

I also have an override file mostly done (this replaces the version in game instead of adding a double to the catalog), but it will take awhile to finish. I'll see what I can do though,
  • PaulaHLoboPaulaHLobo Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey @Linamints first of all thank you for this incredible work! I downloaded your combo, but I believe that in the middle of the files they have replacement files and I would like to keep the original version as well. I could not identify by name what are the override files, could you give me a hand? Thank you in advance! <3
    PaulaHLobo wrote: »
    Hey @Linamints first of all thank you for this incredible work! I downloaded your combo, but I believe that in the middle of the files they have replacement files and I would like to keep the original version as well. I could not identify by name what are the override files, could you give me a hand? Thank you in advance! <3

Hello! Thank you for your kind words! Override files should have override in the name, or be in an override folder. If you tell me which windows are incorrect I will upload a fix! So sorry for the inconvenience!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Omg I never understood why they all look so foggy thanks so much for sharing!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • PaulaHLoboPaulaHLobo Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Linamints said:
    > PaulaHLobo wrote: »
    >
    > Hey @Linamints first of all thank you for this incredible work! I downloaded your combo, but I believe that in the middle of the files they have replacement files and I would like to keep the original version as well. I could not identify by name what are the override files, could you give me a hand? Thank you in advance! <3
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello! Thank you for your kind words! Override files should have override in the name, or be in an override folder. If you tell me which windows are incorrect I will upload a fix! So sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi @Linamints ! Thanks for reply :) I actually did a test and removed the older files (dated 2016) from the base game windows to try to figure out which ones were overlapping and worked in a certain way. I believe that not all of these files are overlapping, but for the windows I wanted to use, the overlay is gone and I also have access to the clear version. But I noticed that other clear versions have disappeared, in addition to the overlap, but I do not know how to check this otherwise out of the game. I hope you understood and thanks again!
    PaulaHLobo wrote: »
    > @Linamints said:
    > PaulaHLobo wrote: »
    >
    > Hey @Linamints first of all thank you for this incredible work! I downloaded your combo, but I believe that in the middle of the files they have replacement files and I would like to keep the original version as well. I could not identify by name what are the override files, could you give me a hand? Thank you in advance! <3
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello! Thank you for your kind words! Override files should have override in the name, or be in an override folder. If you tell me which windows are incorrect I will upload a fix! So sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi @Linamints ! Thanks for reply :) I actually did a test and removed the older files (dated 2016) from the base game windows to try to figure out which ones were overlapping and worked in a certain way. I believe that not all of these files are overlapping, but for the windows I wanted to use, the overlay is gone and I also have access to the clear version. But I noticed that other clear versions have disappeared, in addition to the overlap, but I do not know how to check this otherwise out of the game. I hope you understood and thanks again!

Hello, thank you for looking. In one of the earlier posts I posted links to an updated version of the files, I don't believe these are overrides, give these a try!
    Linamints wrote: »
    @Beezon Here is what I have so far, I think a couple doors from get together need to be done, but there is a lot here!
    In these sets so far as I know, there are all the doors and windows from the base game, get to work, get together*(pretty sure there are 2 missing doors from this file, I'll look for them or re-do them eventually), romantic garden, spa day, vampires and vintage glamour.

Crystal Clear Doors & Windows combo:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rl4H5yE_8E9xm4c1kXEM9IrU39kPVY0s/view?usp=sharing

Crystal Clear Windows only:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/144e-uOk6clzm9jpcf42eDikgSqW8i51x/view?usp=sharing

Crystal Clear Doors only:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pIR2V-BppYoRVcMNUYNv4JE81OkEnuz-/view?usp=sharing

I also have an override file mostly done (this replaces the version in game instead of adding a double to the catalog), but it will take awhile to finish. I'll see what I can do though,

If you still have issues please post here and I'll dig through them and make sure they are not override files.