Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those who don't have Seasons yet, what's your reason?

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Lots of reasons:

1. It's $52 in Canada
    2. I don't play as often as I used to.
    3. I work too much, and given that my "off"hours are busy with home repairs I don't have time.
    4. I've been disappointed in the past when buying DLC at full price so I'll wait for a sale.
  • Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    My reason in not getting it, is because like the other 6-7 packs I haven't gotten yet is because I have a invalid (bedridden) mom that I take care of and what she needs and wants comes first so it goes on the list with the others that I will get one of these years. I have to put her stuff ahead of what I would like. Even when they go on sale I still can't get them.

It takes a lot to care for someone like that. Good for you keeping your priorities in line - she’s lucky to have you.

Thank you. I lucky to still have her. We lost my dad a few years back and she is the only family I have and she is my mom. She took care of me when I was little. Yea there are times that it is hard but that is what family does.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    ElenPink wrote: »
    I am starting a discussion thread on reasons why those who don't have Seasons, don't have Seasons lol.

My reason? I am really cheap and believe that eps shouldn't be the same price as base game. Therefore, I am waiting for when it goes on sale.... Whenever that might be...

The cheapest version of the base game when it came out was 59.99 - so not the same price. The Sims 4 and the Sims 3 bases and expansions were the same exact prices when they came out. So Sims has kept the same prices through Sims 3 and 4. The last time Sims went up in price for a base game and the eps was when Sims 3 came out. So I'm not complaining.

I am aware prices did go up in some countries but my understanding it was due to taxes and tariff and fair trade laws. But here in the USA it is the same price since 2009 for eps and base game. Sims 4 has sps half the price that Sims 3 sps were - so if anything they went down - at least with sps.

I was gifted this ep (so grateful- this pack is wonderful) other wise I would have had to wait 2 weeks more as I had essential Cardio and Pulmonary medications to buy. But that would have been the only reason I would have waited (I had no choice). This game - It's a game changer for sure!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    edited June 2018
    Pretty much knew there would be a lot of bugs as usual and I have been reading about them - will wait until they fix the bugs (hopefully!) and likely wait for a sale - tired of paying full price for buggy packs. When I watched the live stream too - I was so put off by the snowball fight - looked so lame. I am sure I will still get it eventually but for once, not in any hurry - playing Syrim right now anyway.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Same as every other Canadian has said here...

It's 52$. And that's before tax. So all in you're paying 60$

I have been waiting for this pack for four years.. literally. I've wanted it so bad. I totally convinced myself that I'd pay full pop for it.. back when it was 40$.

I just can't help but think of everything else I can do with 60$, so I can't justify spending full price here. And unfortunately I haven't had much luck with giveaways and such. So I'll just have to be patient.

And I've heard some not-so-good things about CD Keys so I'm very weary.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Another Canadian here. 60$ is a lot when I am not sure I can play with weather. I have to disable snow and rain in sims3 or I have terrible lag and sims4 already lags at times. I'm waiting to hear how other people's computers handle it and of course, the LGR review.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Can't afford it currently (I'm really neurotic about money and I can't go below certain number on my bank account or I'll start freaking out) :''D
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    doedear wrote: »
    don't have enough money right now unfortunately

Me too. Until I can pay up all my bills I can't justify Seasons.
    But when I can, I' m definitely getting it!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    skylar188skylar188 Posts: 49 Member
    I really want Seasons but its not on my budget right now. So maybe ill just wait until it goes down.
  • Options
    TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    I have never bought any Sim title on release (and I have played since Sims 1) because of the bugs. So I am waiting for at least some of them to be fixed before I buy. And with Sims 4 eps I always wait them to be on sale because I am not as anxious to play as I was before.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Walmart has it out of stock online and I wanted to buy it with a Walmart gift card. Can't use my actually money because it's not priority financial wise (other things are priority right now) so I have to either wait until it's in stock on Walmart or pay for it next pay day which is Thursday.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    PinkFlyingPastaPinkFlyingPasta Posts: 303 Member
    edited June 2018
    I want it so much!! I am going crazy but $40 is insane! I am hoping there will be an Origin sale soon!!
  • Options
    hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I got it on preorder at a discount so I went ahead and did it. I haven't done this for any other TS4 release because being on an apprenticeship I simply don't have the money. There are so bugs but nothing too bad for me personally, i'm upset about the event bug on long time saves because I was really excited about that feature.
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I'm kinda broke, lol. And I'm afraid of possible lag after installing it. (Still want it so bad! :bawling:)
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    WaterCoffeeWineWaterCoffeeWine Posts: 28 Member
    > @ElenPink said:
    > I am starting a discussion thread on reasons why those who don't have Seasons, don't have Seasons lol.
    >
    > My reason? I am really cheap and believe that eps shouldn't be the same price as base game. Therefore, I am waiting for when it goes on sale.... Whenever that might be...

I understand your point... but I honestly think that this EP is *worth* paying full price for (especially if you already have all of the other EPs and stuff packs). The amount of detail is breathtaking! I've played Seasons over 6 hours and still haven't played/discovered all that Seasons EP brings.
  • Options
    > @alanmichael1 said:
    > I'm on vacation in Italy until the end of next week! How could I? I'm suffering (no, just kidding, it's wonderful here and will enjoy the game in July).

Humble-brag. lol jk, enjoy your vacation!
  • Options
    > @simmer_jay said:
    > Same as every other Canadian has said here...
    >
    > It's 52$. And that's before tax. So all in you're paying 60$
    >
    > I have been waiting for this pack for four years.. literally. I've wanted it so bad. I totally convinced myself that I'd pay full pop for it.. back when it was 40$.
    >
    > I just can't help but think of everything else I can do with 60$, so I can't justify spending full price here. And unfortunately I haven't had much luck with giveaways and such. So I'll just have to be patient.
    >
    > And I've heard some not-so-good things about CD Keys so I'm very weary.

Wow! Are Sims games usually much more expensive in Canada compared to the states? Based on my gameplay alone, I would pay $60 in a heartbeat if I could afford it. It's definitely worth it! I'm not ashamed to admit that I have spent that much on non-sims games before. I personally would stay away from CD Keys as well.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    edited June 2018
    I need to finish my book translation first, but I’ve promised myself some time off after to enjoy the game :). Just 79% to go...
    Post edited by Irdiwen on
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Away from home because of work.

I must admit I am VERY tempted to try and download the game to my laptop, it's a pretty good machine with an SSD and I remember back when TS4 only had 3 expansions and less other add-ons it used to run the game just fine, no lag. Not sure about now though :p
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I got Seasons as a gift, but under normal circumstances, I am similar to you. I usually wait for sales because 40$ for an EP could go towards a full game like Pokemon or the like. Also doesn't help that prices have risen in the pass few months for 40$ US is more like 50$+ here in Canada. I can get a full Pokemon game with that.

Yeah, the price for an EP went up and in some cases it is justified, EPs for Sims 2 was $29.99 and now it is $39.99. I do feel for those outside of the US that they pay way more than we do.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Waiting for the store I work at to have it in Stock... and maybe a sale. From what I remember over the last few years, usually there is a sale mid summer, around July 4th and the week of Black Friday, but sometimes it doesn't cover new releases.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Engrossed in the World Cup.

Dude my two favorite teams won today I'm lit

Just watched a seven-goal thriller between Belgium and Tunisia.

I'm hoping my country defeats Panama tomorrow...and Germany lose tonight!
  • Options
    aria2345aria2345 Posts: 33 Member
    I preordered seasons, but I still don't have it because the download is broken :( I've had to contact EA help twice but still no answers.
    Check out my Legacy Blog! I'm not much of a writer- but I think I'm funny. Though- humor is subjective. :)
    viridivalues.weebly.com
  • Options
    EvilWitch83EvilWitch83 Posts: 140 Member
    I don't even own the Sims 4 base game yet, mainly because I am waiting for the rumored Witch game pack to be released. If the Witch game pack is released, I might buy Sims 4 if the Witches have improved from previous games or stick with Sims 2 and 3 if not.
    If I buy Sims 4 in the future, Seasons would be the first expansion I buy with it.
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I have to wait, I was expecting to get my payout for leaving my job today, but I didn't, so it has to wait until I get the pay. If i had been paid that today, I'd be playing it right now, but waiting the week will mean the team also has time to fix bugs and my mods can all be updated in the meantime, so when I dive in, everything works as it should