Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can The Sims 4 be played on two different computers?

So my sister and I both really want the sims 4 but my mom is only allowing us to buy one copy. If we register the game with my account and let my sister download it on her computer using my origin account, would we be allowed to play it at the same time?

Comments

• Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited September 2014
    You can, but, only one can be online at the same time. If you want to play at the same time, one of you will have to go off-line and the other can go-online or you both can play off-line. Either way. Same for my house. Me and my 2 daughters play using my account. I pre-downloaded The Sims 4 on all 3 of our computers and finished last night when I got to. Going online means you can look and download from the community and sharing what you created. You have to be online for that. You don't have to be online to play or look at your sims in your Gallery. Hope this info helped.
  • Options
    IlleanneIlleanne Posts: 6 New Member
    My sister already downloaded the Sims 4 on her laptop and today I tried to do it but it said that the code (that you use to download it) was already in use (by my sister)... Aren't you supposed to be able to download it on 3 different laptops/computers?
  • Options
    katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    You have to use her origin account to play it since its registered on her account.
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited October 2014
    Illeanne wrote: »
    My sister already downloaded the Sims 4 on her laptop and today I tried to do it but it said that the code (that you use to download it) was already in use (by my sister)... Aren't you supposed to be able to download it on 3 different laptops/computers?

The code can only be used by 1 Origin account. So unless your sister gives her access to her account, you're going to have to buy a copy for your Origin account.

also...

zombie_thread.jpg

Last post was at September 2nd

Probably should've been a thread on its own, kinda different than the original question..
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited October 2014
    Yes, my nephew plays on my spare laptop.However, he has to play offline, cause I like to be online for the gallery.Only one computer can be logged in.I keep the game on two laptops just in case one laptop breaks.

@Illeanne
    She would have to log into origin with her account on your computer, and download the game for you.
    You can't register the game to more than one account.She would have to log in for you, ever time you want to play, as it forces you to login.What I do is, login for my nephew, let him get into the game.Then go to my other laptop and sign into my account from there, it then boots him into offline mode.And he's able to play, he just won't be able to use the gallery.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Yes, my nephew plays on my spare laptop.However, he has to play offline, cause I like to be online for the gallery.Only one computer can be logged in.I keep the game on two laptops just in case one laptop breaks.

@Illeanne
    She would have to log into origin with her account on your computer, and download the game for you.
    You can't register the game to more than one account.She would have to log in for you, ever time you want to play, as it forces you to login.What I do is, login for my nephew, let him get into the game.Then go to my other laptop and sign into my account from there, it then boots him into offline mode.And he's able to play, he just won't be able to use the gallery.
    @Springfairy556 Good to see you here and I would totally follow you in the gallery if I knew you user name. :)

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    Of course you can, there is no limit in accessing account and download The Sims 4 as long as you are allowed access to. No Problem!
  • Options
    Cindytg1Cindytg1 Posts: 1 New Member
    My laptop saved game is not transferring to my PC. Any ideas?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Cindytg1 wrote: »
    My laptop saved game is not transferring to my PC. Any ideas?

Hello @Cindytg1
    You need to copy your saves folder that is in the Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder on your laptop, and replace the new saves folder in the sims 4 folder on your pc with the laptop saves folder.
    You need to do the same thing with your tray and mods folders if you want your creations from your library ( that are in your tray folder ) and your mods on the pc also.