Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how do you feel about Seasons so far?

Comments

• AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited June 2018
    Ah, and to answer the OP's question, I'm enjoying it. I love the new lighting effects, especially when lightning is present and the detail is satisfactory.
  • LovelyL89LovelyL89 Posts: 2 New Member
    Based on other comments and my experience so far, I think the severity of the weather depends on the world you play and the time of the year. I started in Spring in Windenburg and all it did was constantly drizzle, just like it might in England. No thunderstorms or lightening.

My character just moved to Willow Springs and it's now summer. The it will be interesting to see how the seasons affect all regions at the same time.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I noticed the DJ booth doesn't work outside in the rain, so I put a DJ booth and bar in the attic of the manor mansion where the two ghosts live.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'm in love :love:
  • zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    I have to say, I LOVE the Seasons remix of the original theme music!

The strings, the chorus! It’s lovely.
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I haven't played it a ton, but I do enjoy it so far. I had a thunderstorm happen and it came on very slowly starting with some quiet rumbles of thunder in the background. I started with summer since that's the season we are currently in and there was a heatwave so I put on the AC for a bit during the day, but hoping the bills won't be too high since I did turn it off. I also love the buds showing up on the trees, that more realistic (and I do grow fruits and veggies from time to time so I like that detail), and I really like the growing seasons. It will make gardening much easier, now if we get that farm SP/GP they just need to add crop rotation in and my sims will be some great little farmers.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Every time I give gift to someone it's always a negative interaction. Even when I gifted money to my teenager I got a red minus. Hmmmm
  • WaterCoffeeWineWaterCoffeeWine Posts: 28 Member
    As a lifelong fan of The Sims franchise, I absolutely LOVE The Sims 4 Seasons! I found it to be the perfect gift to myself for hitting the "Thirty Years Old" milestone IRL. lol I spent yesterday watching Sim Community's YouTube livestream of Seasons Countdown for Europe & the Americas! Although the livestream was 8 hours long, he barely scraped the surface of all that Seasons has to offer! I truly appreciate all of the work that everyone at EA & Maxis put into it! <3
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I hate to say this but I am not really impressed I waited a long time for this but it doesn't come up to my expectations as far as the Sim Franchise goes. It really doesn't cut it. I feel that it isn't even as good as Sims 2 now that is really, really bad. I don't even think it is as good as Sims 2. Now I know a lot of players think it is great I dont' know why I guess I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say maybe they never played Sims 2 but that is ok for them. I still think that Sims 3 was the best even if it had a lot of glitches, all I can see with Sims 4 is that they COPIED everything from Sims 3 and just made a few changes here and there. You can think what you like but that is my option I think this is it for me I keep thinking it is going to get better but it never does Stupid me never learn. Curious what Lazy Gamer says he has been playing a long time too, sometimes I think he tries to be kind but doesn't really want to say what he thinks.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Definitely the best expansion of The Sims 4. It blows every other one out of the water, IMHO.

Still have a lot to see, but from what I've played, I think the developers did a great job.
    > @Trashmagic said:
    > The gardening update made everything so much better. I like the added challenge with plants having specific seasons in which they grow. I planted spinach in spring only to find out it wasn't in season. I loved that.

I agree with everything that you said, but especially this statement! I made the same mistake of planting out-of-season herbs/produce. EA & Maxis made the 4-year wait for Seasons well worth it in my opinion (I'm sure they will work out the kinks from the latest patch)!
    > @daenerystubborn said:
    > How do your computers take the new EP? Did you have to lower some settings to avoid lag?

No problems here (with all EPs & stuff packs)! How about for you?
    > @Hermitgirl said:
    > OMG the snow and snowing is beautiful.. it's one thing to look at peoples pictures but it's.. wow in your own game. I went in on a family and of course I had to take the pet to the vet but the windows were frosted and it was gorgeous outside. Love that it makes you feel like you should get your sims indoors.

The amount of detail that went into this EP is amazing!!! The smallest details truly are game-changing.
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2018
    It is about what I expected, not like OMG AMAZING, but it does add gameplay that I think will help me structure my world more (my style is high fantasy so holidays added quite a bit). That being said I've had some pretty bad errors that destroyed one of my saves. Not sure right now if that was a hiccup of the pack or MCCC (it's been hot fixed again recently). Thankfully, I can recover it so it's not a huge deal. I've had a few holiday bugs too, but I'm not taking anything too seriously until my mods are 100% updated.
  • xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    Personally Iove it. It was the EP I had been waiting for after pets and now it adds this complete feeling to my game. One of my teens got shocked by lightning which was pretty neat to see. I'm toying around with the calendar and thinking of holidays. So far, all I have is kind of like a Super Bowl party scheduled for spring, the Sunday right before Love Day. I posted it in another thread but the lighting is beautiful. Here's a pic I captured during a thunderstorm!

06_22_18_6_25_03_PM.png
    "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited June 2018
    I haven't played in live mode yet as I've been choosing hot and cold outfits for ALL the sims lol. That took some doing... and one thing I noticed is the extreme lack of female full outfits for Winter compared to the guys. Just two! (not counting aliens) and the guys have 10. I have really been struggling to choose stuff to make everyone look different, even if I do the separates.

Then, of course, when I'd almost finished I suddenly remembered that you can take off the female filter and let some of those gals wear the guy stuff!

The other thing, I saw someone else mention it, is the new hats. One of them, especially, is so high on the head it looks ridiculous.

Anyway, I have to go in and add an indoor roller rink and some greenhouses and then I'll finally be able to play!
  • cokolinocokolino Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm in love with the Seasons pack so far. It's my first Sims game that I preordered and I'm so happy I did. Yes, it has several bugs and issues but I'm sure the dev team will fix it pretty soon. I love how animals get scared of thunderstorms, and cat may hide under bed out of fear. That's dope. And I also loooove holidays and calendar, Gosh! If you haven't yet, just buy it guys, it's the best pack.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    Miricha wrote: »
    I haven't played much yet - I started in summer and am only just coming to the end of it. I love the thunderstorms - the lighting and sound is great, so atmospheric. I also like the heatwave visual effect. I've been enjoying just watching the scenery and taking pictures. Brindleton Bay looks so good in the rain.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the other seasons are like, and trying out the Spooky Day holiday I set up.

A minor disappointment so far: the tense moodlet from thunder. I assume this applies to all sims (I'm only playing one at the moment) since there's a reward trait to change that. But not everyone is naturally scared of storms! :( At least there is the reward trait available though... I'll be buying that one quite a lot I think, including for my current sim (she writes spooky stories for a living, why is she scared of thunder?!).

Overall though, I'm enjoying the EP so far :)

Declare your favorite type of weather during chat with other sims and see if that helps. I don't know if it will help or not but just a try.

I didn't think of that... after my sim declared that she loves the rain, she doesn't get the tense moodlet during storms any more :) Thanks!
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited June 2018
    So far I love it. The weather makes my worlds feel so much more dynamic. The lighting seems so much better and the skies are beautiful. I’ve only played in fall so far but the seasonal atmosphere is so pretty. It’s very similar to fall where I live which I love. I have only experienced rain so far and it’s rained almost every day, but it’s not an obnoxious rain. For those talking about not being able to hear it indoors, I actually don’t mind that. I can hear it indoors but it’s quiet. In TS3 it sounded as loud as it did outside all the time and drove me nuts. The sound effects are much more realistic and actually very soothing. The house decorations are so neat - I love that they added that detail. I love the addition of the windy weather where you can really hear/see those blustery breezes. Also, the game runs like a dream on my laptop which is something I couldn’t say for TS3. I think graphically it looks better too.

That isn’t to say there isn’t room for improvement. The calendar is bugged - at least for events. Holidays seem to work fine for me. I don’t actually care for the hot/cold weather categories - I wish it were just outerwear like in TS3. Sometimes it rains when it’s cold and sometimes it rains when it’s warm so I feel like I need to have a rain outfit in both categories which seems silly. I’m a little disappointed that my sim couldn’t walk his fox and hold an umbrella at the same time - at least as far as I could tell. If that’s supposed to be doable, then that’s bugged as well. And even in rain gear my sim still got “uncomfortably wet” - I get it if they’re not wearing any outdoor gear but I feel like wearing a raincoat, boots and hat should help protect from the rain. Edit to add: my playing in puddles action is bugged :( They just stand there and move their leg once or so before the action cancels out. Bummer.

That’s all I’ve got so far - my first holiday is coming soon, I’m excited to see how it goes.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Pentakill_SorakaPentakill_Soraka Posts: 2 New Member
    spent most of the time building, but I really like what I have played so far. One thing is the bills. My sim lives in a small home, well medium home, and I wasn't running the air or the heat in there, but the bills came out to 10k+ is this real? How am I supposed to live? lol
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I’ve been playing it all day and so far I like it a lot!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm enjoying it so far. I have each season set to 28 days which works for rotational play. I'm sticking to just switching households when I want to.

It's adding a lot of subtlety to the world and to each sim day. I like that the weather is so variable. I didn't really know where I would start but I figured that I would start with spring. I really like the screen where you choose a season and how when you scroll over each season, there's a little animation like flowers or falling leaves.

I'm playing spring in San Myshuno right now to start which is mostly rainy without any flowers. It's all paved over so I haven't faced any mud. I did notice a pink tree off in the distance which I realized might have changed with the season. I actually like how subtle the season is. At one point, I let a sim accept an invitation to hang out in Oasis Springs and it was such a jarring difference. It was so much brighter and sunnier. I think the variety in each world is great. I used to have all of my sims moving between worlds indifferently. Now they will notice so much more when they do that. I may appreciate the worlds that they are in more.

Before long, I will check in with adult Lucas Munch who is a gardener in my game. I feel like I have to play his household in spring because he loves the outdoors and is a major gardener. I was thinking before how much time gardening was taking so I look forward to experiencing the improvements.

I'm still playing a large rotation but the seasons are influencing when I play certain households. I plan to keep going through each season and it'll be kind of luck of the draw for each household as far as what the weather is like for them. I'm really liking the longer weather pattern where each season goes on for a while for me. Holidays happen but aren't too frequent. I have time to play as long as I want with each household in a given season.

As for glitches, I haven't noticed too many. I have sims who are really into drinking glasses of orange juice like they are going out of style and that might be buggy. I do usually hear at least soft rain but I move my camera around a lot during play and I have a wheel on my mouse to quickly zoom in and out. Generally, I'm liking how this is implemented so far but I've just started out.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I still haven’t gotten to really play it yet because right on the first 5 minutes of gameplay I noticed that I can’t deal with the random fashion choices of the townies for the hot and cold outfits. So now I have easily spent hours editing their appearances but no real gameplay lol
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Definitely the best expansion of The Sims 4. It blows every other one out of the water, IMHO.

Still have a lot to see, but from what I've played, I think the developers did a great job.

Agree 100 percent with you! Loving it!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    I was really looking forward to this pack because I absolutely loved The Sims 3 Seasons. I do enjoy this one, however, I am disappointed that there is no tanning or burning in the sun.