Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those who don't have Seasons yet, what's your reason?

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    For me, I don't think it's worth the money. It has interesting aspects but it hasn't wowed me like sims 2 and 3 seasons. A huge part of that is how many over sights there are in the weather effects alone.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    For me, I don't think it's worth the money. It has interesting aspects but it hasn't wowed me like sims 2 and 3 seasons. A huge part of that is how many over sights there are in the weather effects alone.
    Actually it would surprise you how much it changes the game. The weather I haven't seen all the seasons yet I am only in spring.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member

I initially was completely disinterested in Seasons and didn't care enough for it. I can see how it's not worth the money-I feel like paying for Seasons is just paying for visual aesthetics in your game lol. But the gardening career and the calendar.... That got me.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Actually it would surprise you how much it changes the game. The weather I haven't seen all the seasons yet I am only in spring.

That's why I plan on eventually buying it. Seasons does make the sims worlds way more interesting and beautiful with the added challenges
  • ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    I'm waiting for a sale, although it is so hard to wait. But I know that if I'm patient it will be so much more rewarding, because I will have saved money.
    When do you think it will go on sale? I'm thinking there might be a Fourth of July sale, which stinks because I will be away. I hope it goes on sale sooner!

I remember when an expansion pack wasn't on sale because it was recent but the other packs were. I can't remember when it happened but it did. I'm hoping for a fourth of July sale but I do not have my hopes up for seasons being on sale.

I think Cats and Dogs going on sale for the first time around this past January, so you might be right about having to wait several months
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    My reason is rather tragic. I was extremely excited for Seasons up until a few hours before it was released. Then, the save file I was planning to use for Seasons got corrupted the night before release. That combined with being bombarded by Seasons LPs made the pack suddenly seem rather boring to me. I considered starting a new save and getting it once I was ready, but then I read about the numerous bugs and broken mods. I won't be getting Seasons for a very long time.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm on vacation in Italy until the end of next week! How could I? I'm suffering (no, just kidding, it's wonderful here and will enjoy the game in July).
  • JesseJayJesseJay Posts: 300 Member
    I'm waiting for a sale as well but I might just give in and going by EA's pattern it will never be on sale lol.
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    That is premium addition though.

Yeah, but just under the premium you can see the the sixty dollar price tag of the plain base game.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    JesseJay wrote: »
    I'm waiting for a sale as well but I might just give in and going by EA's pattern it will never be on sale lol.
    It will go on sale, it'll just be like six months before it goes on sale. Expansions always take longer. I just bought JA when it went on sale a few weeks ago. I wasn't going to buy Seasons, because I was fed up with the lackluster crap we'd been getting. I have to say this expansion is actually pretty cool when it comes to the subtle things they could have ignored. That's what sold me on it. I could care less about the weather part, but it is cool to see how the put some real thought into this one.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    edited June 2018
    My reason in not getting it, is because like the other 6-7 packs I haven't gotten yet is because I have a invalid (bedridden) mom that I take care of and what she needs and wants comes first so it goes on the list with the others that I will get one of these years. I have to put her stuff ahead of what I would like. Even when they go on sale I still can't get them.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    My reason in not getting it, is because like the other 6-7 packs I haven't gotten yet is because I have a invalid (bedridden) mom that I take care of and what she needs and wants comes first so it goes on the list with the others that I will get one of these years. I have to put her stuff ahead of what I would like. Even when they go on sale I still can't get them.

It takes a lot to care for someone like that. Good for you keeping your priorities in line - she’s lucky to have you.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• enomiisenomiis Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Goth583 said:
    > JesseJay wrote: »
    >
    > I'm waiting for a sale as well but I might just give in and going by EA's pattern it will never be on sale lol.
    >
    >
    >
    > It will go on sale, it'll just be like six months before it goes on sale. Expansions always take longer. I just bought JA when it went on sale a few weeks ago. I wasn't going to buy Seasons, because I was fed up with the lackluster plum we'd been getting. I have to say this expansion is actually pretty cool when it comes to the subtle things they could have ignored. That's what sold me on it. I could care less about the weather part, but it is cool to see how the put some real thought into this one.

C&D came out in Nov and I got it half off in Dec during Origins winter sale, so it could be on sale way earlier than 6 months
  • AngelDovePlayerAngelDovePlayer Posts: 308 Member
    i will be getting it on the 30th when i get paid
  • Kc71886Kc71886 Posts: 658 Member
    I'm waiting for a sale too. Except for two stuff packs I bought for full price I've gotten everything else on sale. If EA doesn't put it on sale someone else will.
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    I will be getting it for sure, just not yet for three reasons. When there's a new release, there are sometimes some bugs and other issues that come up (like with Cats & Dogs), so it's usually better to wait a few weeks until those are ironed out. Two, I'm quite busy right now and I know I'll be sacrificing sleep to play instead of being sensible (like many here I suspect :sweat_smile: ). Three, frugality. It's the price of a whole game and prices did go up this year. I could buy it right away but summer has started and this is usually an expensive season for me, for various reasons (and not just for going away on holiday - if I had a moodlet on me right now, it would be the "tense" one, "needs a vacation" :sweat_smile: ).

Besides, I love building and the patch with the glass roofs has kept me happily occupied for now. I've been going over all the builds that I wanted a glass roof for and it's finally here :blush:
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I always wait 3 to 6 months after any packs lanch. During my wait. I watch gameplay footage that does not come from the game changers. Waiting also has me mske sure it is worth my money snd often has the pack go to a sale price. Besides, with all the bugs created with the latest patch, it seems not worth purchasing righg now.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I thought base game was $60 and EPs are $40.

Is the base game 60? I got it on sale for 20, so I assumed original price was 40. I swear it's 40

When it first came out, it was $60/70 - depending on which version you got. I bought the Digital Deluxe version at 50% off ($35) on Black Friday the year it was released. After a while they dropped the base price to $40/50. I don't remember the Limited Edition version as being an option on Origin at that time (the "limited" time must have been over by then ;) ).

I never buy the packs straight out of the gate. I let others be the beta testers. :D I know that inevitably something will be broken. There's no point in my getting wound up over the mess that gets turned loose upon release. And I am certainly not paying full price just to be aggravated!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Waiting on a sale. I haven't paid full price on anything except the toddler stuff pack I bought with a gift card. I'm really tempted as I love seasons and this looks great to me. But I know I will eventually regret it because it will go on sale eventually, sometimes really fast. Also buying everything 50% off makes it feel more worth it.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member

I'm going to message you.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • BlueShreveBlueShreve Posts: 550 Member
    I am a builder so I am buying it today. The high price is a major factor. In previous games the EPs were about the same price but we got a new town, new life state and so much more. this pack is a skeleton for the price, I'm sure this deters a lot of people. Anyway when buy it I hope you do enjoy the game....HAPPY SIMMING.
    ZH6FuAy.png
    ----> Check out and download my creations HERE <----
    ----> View my Showcase thread HERE <----
  • korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member
    Price on release:

F4xuNNl.png

girl thats after it being hyped up like why post it like its still selling at that price.
  • korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member
    like you im waiting on the sale lol sims 4 goes on sale so much learned my lesson never buying full price
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    don't have enough money right now unfortunately
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Not yet, and for several reasons:
    Still checking out what's in it
    Waiting for the LGR review and any others from unbiased sources
    What I've learned so far shows that this pack has a lot of moving parts, which are prime candidates for not working either at all or properly
    Seeing what the posted disappointment/frustration level is, not only with what's not working, but what got broken that used to work before it came out. From what I've seen on the forums, that seems to be quite a lot, so waiting on repairs being made.
    Like so many others, waiting for a lower price.
    That not so little item of the time for it allowed by RL