Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how do you feel about Seasons so far?

Comments

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    After playing around with the camera it really does sound odd how the rain sound just cuts off competently when the camera is indoors vs outside. Its too sudden. The sound inside when it rains should be similar to the rain sound when you zoom out all the way out.

(Sorry for the post, can't seem to edit mine)

It's weird that people are saying they can't hear rain indoors. I was enjoying how I could actually hear it inside. Then again those households both had glass rooves so that could be it!?

My Sims house has no glass roofs and I could hear the rain from inside. Maybe it's a settings thing?
    giphy.gif
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I absolutely love it. I’ve always felt meh with expansion packs, but I’ve only played trough 5 days of my 14 days fall and I feel there is so much to do.
    My calendar seems bugged as I can’t plan an event in advance so far, but I’m not bothered enough by it as I rarely use that feature anyway.

I like packs that add continuous gameplay, not just something I can kinda do on a whim, and I feel that this is exactly what Seasons and Parenthood do, so I’m enjoying every bit of it so far.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    So far, I find it extremely underwhelming. I want to love it but there's so much bothering me so far. I have been playing for only a couple of hours and most of it was fighting with the glitchy Build mode to try to build a house so I am going to keep playing and keep investigating around.

There are glitches in Build mode?

The camera is all over the place and applying paint to the walls is a nightmare.

Huh. Never noticed.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I really don't like that I can't control how long these seasons are. So every week is a new season? So basically it's new years eve every month....I really hate seven day seasons. If we could just control it I would be much happier. And yeah, I'm not using that dumb weather machine that takes up half the yard. I don't want my sim changing weather, I want to change it. I've only played for five mins and this has annoyed me right away.
    soko37 wrote: »
    I really don't like that I can't control how long these seasons are. So every week is a new season? So basically it's new years eve every month....I really hate seven day seasons. If we could just control it I would be much happier. And yeah, I'm not using that dumb weather machine that takes up half the yard. I don't want my sim changing weather, I want to change it. I've only played for five mins and this has annoyed me right away.
    Did you try changing it to 14 or 28 days instead?

hhHD2XB.png
  • pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    I agree I prefer the system in the sims 3 but I quite like the idea of the holidays though
    edited June 2018
    Amiutza wrote: »

I thought we couldn't change it? Oh wow, it's like in sims 3. We can change it. Thank the gods!!!! I was under the impression there was going to be set seasons that were locked for each world. I'm happy now :) except looks like you can't change the seasons individually. You have to equally change them all. I was looking to have some seasons longer then others but oh well. At least I can stop them from changing so fast

I thought we couldn't change it? Oh wow, it's like in sims 3. We can change it. Thank the gods!!!! I was under the impression there was going to be set seasons that were locked for each world. I'm happy now :) except looks like you can't change the seasons individually. You have to equally change them all. I was looking to have some seasons longer then others but oh well. At least I can stop them from changing so fast

Yeah, I would have loved individual ones as well, but I’m glad they can at least be longer. 7 days is definitely not enough, at least for now.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    How do your computers take the new EP? Did you have to lower some settings to avoid lag?
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited June 2018
    I like it overall.
    Thunderstorms are gorgeous and the snow depth issue isn’t as bad as I feared in certain angles. I like all the new game play things (although mud fights and snow ball fights look quite awkward)

I like that each world is impacted by seasons differently. Is there a way to tell what the weather will be like in other worlds?
    It’s a bit weird that when I ask for snow in summer the snow doesn’t lie on the ground?

I admit I do miss being able to set my own seasons. I.e I want 4 seasons of winter I can have that, I miss being able to make 3 days of spring, 10 days of summer and no winter.

I really like skating (although I miss skating together) but I’m confused, I thought skating was it’s own skill? My sims build fitness from it but don’t gain skating skill. Is it a hidden skill? My sim has definitely improved.

But I think it’s a good addition overall, it ties the other packs in together.

Wow I had no idea! Thanks!!
    Ok, I started my gameplay in fall and it's snowing????? That makes entirely no sense. Do people from California not know what fall is?
    Ok, I started my gameplay in fall and it's snowing????? That makes entirely no sense. Do people from California not know what fall is?

In October it's not uncommon with snow here. It won't last, but it's stays for a few minutes after the snowfall
  • Foxley828 Foxley828 Posts: 40 Member
    Love it in general.. .but.. I think 5 days straight of heavy thunderstorms in Summer is a bit much! That's like 3/4 of the season, where my sims can do hardly anything because they are sooo tense from the thunderstorms! Also, it is so dark it's difficult to build outside as the colours are hard to judge. Havn't done any other seasons yet .. but hoping it's not going to be one big wash out :|

Soooo much better though and waited a long time for it! Was a bit weird at first seeing rain on a usual perpetual sunny scenario!
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I weirdly appreciate the ability to not set just 'winter winter winter spring' [though I do feel for everyone who wants it] because of how much they separated the 'ideal winter' or 'ideal spring' from the season and instead focused on how each world does the season. Living in the IE in California I can appreciate that my winter is nothing like my family's winter in Indiana and it's kinda cool to see that expressed. Those snowball/balloon/mud fights though. Yikes D: I really hope those get tuned up because they are amazingly awkward.

I only had about 2 hours to play before bed if I wanted to be a good business professional today but I'm so excited to play more tonight. I'm not bothering with peoples Hot and Cold outfits until I play with the patciular family.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

This is very common! It snows in the fall a lot here in Pennsylvania. Being from PA I am "blessed" to experience every single seasonal roller coaster so I can definitely tell you we get snow in the fall. lol

There is a way of changing them individually, but you'd have to change it in options as you go. The only thing is I don't know if it will muck up your holiday plans though.
    giphy.gif
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Foxley828 wrote: »
    Love it in general.. .but.. I think 5 days straight of heavy thunderstorms in Summer is a bit much! That's like 3/4 of the season, where my sims can do hardly anything because they are sooo tense from the thunderstorms! Also, it is so dark it's difficult to build outside as the colours are hard to judge. Havn't done any other seasons yet .. but hoping it's not going to be one big wash out :|

Soooo much better though and waited a long time for it! Was a bit weird at first seeing rain on a usual perpetual sunny scenario!

Which world was experiencing those constant thunderstorms? It could be the specific world you're in as well. I also think that every summer won't be the same. Just like in PA we've had summers that rained far too much and then summers that were constant muggy heatwaves! It is realistic, at least in a Pennsylvania climate, to have thunderstorms a lot in summer. I actually hope that when each season rolls around there is variance in how the weather is versus the last time we had the same season. That is realistic.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    So far my only disappointment was that there were no premade lots, which as a bad builder I rely on. Maybe we can talk a guru into uploading the lot from the live stream, if they haven't already?

Other than that, I can't really say much, since I spent most of this morning setting up & only got about a half hour of live play in, during which it rained the whole time so the family stayed indoors. I'm playing a city family right now, so I'll have to go back & try to get them out later.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
    edited June 2018

This is very common! It snows in the fall a lot here in Pennsylvania. Being from PA I am "blessed" to experience every single seasonal roller coaster so I can definitely tell you we get snow in the fall. lol

Well my state is right next to yours and it never snows in fall. Fall time is usually 50-60's weather. So weird.
  • bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    I am not yet done with my other expansion and game packs and when I am bored of those. I'll buy seasons in a few months when it becoming cheaper.
    Foxley828 wrote: »

Which world was experiencing those constant thunderstorms? It could be the specific world you're in as well. I also think that every summer won't be the same. Just like in PA we've had summers that rained far too much and then summers that were constant muggy heatwaves! It is realistic, at least in a Pennsylvania climate, to have thunderstorms a lot in summer. I actually hope that when each season rolls around there is variance in how the weather is versus the last time we had the same season. That is realistic.

If it was Forgotten Hollow? Yeah, that fits.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    They did an excellent job on the snow footprints. They appear exactly where the Sims step. That’s an amazing detail.
    edited June 2018

Well my state is right next to yours and it never snows in fall. Fall time is usually in the high sixties. So weird.

It snows in the Autumn in parts of Asia and Europe :smile: I think they have made an average of weather patterns across the globe. Some countries don't get snow at all.
    giphy.gif
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I love the seasons but... some things are getting to be a major nuisance. I started with Fall and my Sims just stand in the rain with no umbrella, get soaked, and it's raining ALL THE TIME. Plus some old bugs are coming back (kids disappearing for school and reappearing and ending up late). I play in Newcrest.

And my UFO plants are only producing one bulb now, apparently.

There's definitely a lot of improvements to make.