Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creators - show us your most downloaded creation from the gallery

astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
Hi Simmers,

Sometimes I go through my gallery, checking which of my creations have been most the downloaded and the results can be surprising. It seems that occasionally, items I don't necessarily see as my best work, turn out being pretty popular. I wanted to see everyone else's most popular creations and maybe we can discuss why we think they're as popular as they are. Also, I get to peek at everyone else's creations ;)

You can post your single most popular creation in any category, whether it's a room, lot or sim, or up to three, one each from each category if you like.

So here's mine, a balcony makeover I did for the apartment VIII Landgraab, in San Myshuno. I like it, but it was a quick build without too much thought and I have no idea why it's as popular as it is.

KKefhLI.png

My most popular downloaded sims are tied, so I have to include two households. Funny that they all wear hats and they're all linked to criminals.

seMUkas.png

omuNSwf.png

I guess I can see the appeal of the ladies, but I have others I like much more.

What are your most popular downloads? Share them with us :relaxed:

Comments

• Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    Very nice creations!
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    @TheDismalSimmer Thank you! I appreaciate you stopping by. Oh and also, I really like that build at the far right in your signature. Is it up for download please? :relaxed:
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    @astera00

Thanks! Yes, it is under my profile called "Modern Villa 4" (please excuse the boring naming system I have)
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    PineapplePhonePineapplePhone Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2018
    Ah yes, the Corner Pool

NjvxtAo.jpg

how fun
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Well it is a pretty balcony. Maybe it inspired people, or they thought it would fit their own build?

I do have a few unexpected downloads among my lots, but they're not my most downloaded. THat whould be this one, the Bayside Bowling Alley. Sorry, for some reason Gallery images never load as pictures for me.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CDACFFB7D94211E78728C4041DF8DF4A

Most downloaded room : El Jardin De Mayo-Fixed. Which means it's the one with a stray set of spandrels removed. https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F7DE88C4498211E88438589460A27704

Leads the one with the error by a mere 7 downloads. Don't know why these two get more downloads than the Lot version, which shows the missing top of the gazebo in the center. They're the same size, so all I can figure is that either this one shows more landscaping detail or they think the gazebo looks odd.

Most popular household, with twice as many downloads as the second most downloaded, who is also family related:
    Single Dad and Toddler, Dwayne and Shaquille Tutuola. I think it's the oh-so-cute toddler. Or someone's really pleased that I created a black man as a great single father.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F7DE88C4498211E88438589460A27704

image.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @PineapplePhone I like your pool. I think it's the non-rectangular shape that catches people's eye as most people would just think to do a rectangle and that's it. It seems like you really took care with the floor tiles, especially around the bar, that must have taken some patience. What's strange is that the very first community pool I made was on that exact same lot! It's in Newcrest right?

@TresaofPern I think large community lots probably take more patience and so people look more for those when downloading. The El Jardin de Mayo is a very pretty outdoor area too. By the way, the link for your family is the same link for the El Jardin de Mayo. As for your problem of showing pictures, may I ask how you put pictures up on here? My gallery images are screenshots that I've uploaded to an image-hosting site then linked to here, they don't just show up as images automatically. I was wondering if you knew how to share images on here?
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Thanks @astera00 Sorry, I didn't notice that link. Most of the time I do share my pictures from imgur rather than the gallery because that way I know they'll show up.
    image.png
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Hi everyone!

What an interesting topic! I often look at and consider my download count, and have done some observations oy my own.

First of all, one can often assume the intricate or complex builds will be the most popular. I find the quite opposite to be true in fact, and my simplest creations are often my most popular.

A few other factors that impacts downloads: Maxis faves. They of course soar downloads, but can then give you the wrong idea of what is popular among Simmers.

Taking possible faved creations away, there is another aspect to consider: Timing. If you upload a build catering to the release of a pack then you often see an increase in downloads, as people are actively looking for builds in this genre. You are basically riding the popularity wave of the pack, and this also impacts downloads of course.

But lets get back to the numbers shall we?

My most downloaded creation, across all categories, not considering any of the aspects above but including everything, is a house I built in a Starter Home Plus category. Very little landscaping and nothing spectacular, but it has really hit a cord with people. As it stands now it has 13.370 downloads.

Hudson Street

UkyVfvL.png
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    @Ninnster Your response was very thoughtful and interesting to read. I think people like that build is because it's so accessible and I'm guessing not too expensive? Attractive starter homes are popular too because it's difficult to do with a small budget. The simple touches like the tree, the grass at the base and little hedges makes it looks realistic without being landscaped to death. The exterior looks well put together too.

I have to admit, this kind of build is what I struggle with because I love details and holding back is a bit of a battle sometimes :sweat_smile: as you can see by my balcony. I would remove a couple of those decorations on the far left wall now. I'm not sure what compelled me to add in the lily box then, but I have since gotten better at restraint.

It's interesting what you say about the simple builds being most popular because for me, it's the opposite. My more detailed builds are my most popular, but I do have a bit of a taste for dreaming and taking my builds to luxury high-end! I suppose it shows where our strengths lie, in a way. Having said that, I've completed whole lots before, but only uploaded one house so far and that was nothing like what I normally build. It was a huge challenge because it was for the no walls challenge and I was determined not to use cheats either. It turned out to be an interesting experiment and did get a decent response. Also, what you said about packs rings true too because I used a lot of Jungle Adventures stuff in it, so it almost became a showcase for it. I may as well include a picture. Seeing as it's my only upload of a full lot, does it count as my most downloaded lot? Well here it is anyhow.

Jungle Treetops - fully-functional, no cheats, no walls challenge. The curtain room dividers from City Living came in very handy for giving privacy to the private areas.

L5uiFMr.png?1

By the way, I stopped by your showcase and your builds are lovely. I'll have to dig through a little more some other time.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member

My most downloaded creation is an unfurnished house (I was super lazy at the time and I never think about other people when decorating and I end up over-using all the packs)

42092366895_7533487eac_b.jpg

Second one is my bowling alley

42944396632_e00150d676_b.jpg

And my most downloaded sim

42993884021_eea77e44f3_b.jpg
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Most downloaded (because of Maxis favorites):

Mount Olympus
    00.jpg

Bungling Burglar
    00.jpg

Most downloaded that Maxis doesn't know exists:

4 Bedroom Starter

00.jpg
    It's just a little basegame-friendly house for under §20k.

Nurse
    01.jpg
    The medical career didn't even exist when I made her, so it's been a while!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Here's my most downloaded build and sim:

Harvest House (fixed)
    aO2rXbZ.png
    Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7C6BC679860F11E88A44F689D1469B0B
    And Capt. Elias Brindleton:
    yeCrWXH.png
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7C6BC679860F11E88A44F689D1469B0B

I'm just finishing Elias Brindleton's cottage (Sea Breeze Cottage) which has been newly renovated to include modern comforts but retain it's cozy, relaxing charm.
    PDWxp40.jpg