Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is it snowing in the Spring?

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
I chose to play Spring first so I can have some time to get acclimated with the game before I do winter holidays. But it's snowing in the spring in my game. It's not sticking to the pavement or even that cold out. I'm in Windenberg if that matters. Bug or supposed to happen?

Comments

• Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Climate change :P
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It does sometimes snow in spring. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    In the UK we often get more snow in Spring than we actually do in Winter. It's not unusual for the seasons to cross into one another; nature doesn't follow a calendar in the same way we do.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    snow in early spring is not a horribly unrealistic thing for temperate climates, at least in my experience
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    We got 2 snowstorms in the middle of April in the Midwest part of the U.S. this year.
  • VenessaVeeVenessaVee Posts: 187 Member
    I started in winter but don't have snow, I don't know if it'll come later as the weather progresses ... my windows are foggy though ...
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    VenessaVee wrote: »
    I started in winter but don't have snow, I don't know if it'll come later as the weather progresses ... my windows are foggy though ...

The seasons progress slowly. If you start your save on a Sunday that's the very first day of winter so it hasn't snowed much yet. :)

Also for the OP it's intended that way. For instance I have 14 days per season and now that I'm at the end of the second week I have one day with a possible snow forecast! Personally, I love the realism.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    In the UK we often get more snow in Spring than we actually do in Winter. It's not unusual for the seasons to cross into one another; nature doesn't follow a calendar in the same way we do.

Yep! We have had snow in April in the UK. I love how the seasons merge.
    giphy.gif
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    It happens in real life and it happens in previous iterations of the game. I guess they've programmed it that way also to give better impression of sesons transition. It looks weirder because you've started with spring so that snow is kind of nowhere, but in the cycle it should look better :)
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    It happens in real life and it happens in previous iterations of the game. I guess they've programmed it that way also to give better impression of sesons transition. It looks weirder because you've started with spring so that snow is kind of nowhere, but in the cycle it should look better :)

ok that makes sense!

Thanks everyone!
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    How about my winter was green! Trees were green and green grass around. How is that possible?