Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The calendar is bugged: Can't schedule ahead

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Yay! They are great to be on it so quickly!
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I wonder if those people who have problems changed the length of seasons from 7 to 14 days or so. Because it seems the calender etc. may have problems if you change it more than once, as events could switch back and forth, maybe that's the key here? Did you guys change the season length in the settings "Season" more than once?
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I wonder if those people who have problems changed the length of seasons from 7 to 14 days or so. Because it seems the calender etc. may have problems if you change it more than once, as events could switch back and forth, maybe that's the key here? Did you guys change the season length in the settings "Season" more than once?

Its the calendar for sure it won't let me place a birthday party event on the birthday instead it places it 2 days later and I haven't changed any season settings.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    We can't schedules events for more then 2 weeks in advance
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

No only once, but I did change it
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks guys for helping out with this issue.

I guess the devs should have enough info now on this easy to replicate issue.

Best thing to do now while we wait for this to get fixed, if to click me too on this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Planning-events-using-the-calender-not-working-for-long/td-p/6878063/jump-to/first-unread-message to show how widespread it really is.
    Post edited by crinrict on
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited June 2018
    crinrict wrote: »
    OK. Few questions for everyone
    • Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other)
    • Are you playing a pre-seasons patch or a post-seasons patch game ?
    • How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ?
    • Has the game you're playing ever seen any mods/cc ? If so, did you remove them and try without ? (this is to figure out if all the mentioned issues are non-mod related and if a game that previously had mods is affected)
    • Does a fresh save work for you ?
    • Which events do you have issues with ?

I can schedule holidays just fine, just not events.

Whatever day I select when creating an event, it will always place the event on the same day (or I think, once a day before that even), then I'll get the question if I want to start this event right now as that will end all other current events. So I can't create them in the future, basically, only ever today :)

Seasons are set to 14 days. Latest patch installed.

It has seen mods but I haven't been using them in a while. No mods were or are active at the time of installing and/or playing the game.

I only tried the birthday event. Don't know if I have the same issue with other ones. And no, I haven't tried a fresh save yet, but from experience with expansion bugs, it will probably work fine xD Can try later though!
    Believe that the message to start immediately occurs if the day randomly picked is today. If it randomly picks another day, you don't get it.

I've tried two more of my old saves now. One started with Vampires (no mods ever), the other started with Get together (tons of mods) and both had the issue. The save I didn't have any issues with was started with Pets.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited June 2018
    Believe that the message to start immediately occurs if the day randomly picked is today. If it randomly picks another day, you don't get it.

I've tried two more of my old saves now. One started with Vampires (no mods ever), the other started with Get together (tons of mods) and both had the issue. The save I didn't have any issues with was started with Pets.

Okay so I tried again, and whatever day I select and plan the event on (exactly the way I select them for holidays), whenever I end the process, the event will be placed on one of the greyed out days before the day I'm actually at & I will get the question to "start the event right now". That's how it always happens for me anyway :/
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member

I did change mine to 14 days. I'll repair it when I get home and fingers crossed it will work then.
    edited June 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Okay so I tried again, and whatever day I select and plan the event on (exactly the way I select them for holidays), whenever I end the process, the event will be placed on one of the greyed out days before the day I'm actually at & I will get the question to "start the event right now". That's how it always happens for me anyway :/

@crinrict ahh fun fact. I just opened the exact same save on my laptop and there creating the events works just fine. I'll try again on my pc. Weird.

Update: nope still doesn't work :) how strange
  • Sheli3Sheli3 Posts: 60 Member
    • Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other)
    • How long have you been playing the save (approx) ?
    • Has the game you're playing ever seen any mods/cc ? If so, did you remove them and try without ? (this is to figure out if all the mentioned issues are non-mod related and if a game that previously had mods is affected)

*Event starting right away
    *About a month?
    *7 days
    *Yes, doesn't work
    *Haven't tried
    *Only tried dinner party
    Origin ID: ShellySub
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2018
    Just installed. I am using a fresh copy of an existing save. Well, I made the fresh copy just before downloading Seasons.

The event wants to start right away.
    Save is about 2 weeks old
    Seasons set to 14 days.
    Yes, the save did have mods and CC in it, which was why I made a fresh copy before loading. I do have CC back in and only a couple of mods that were updated since the patch.
    EDIT: It works with a brand new save, but not existing ones, even if it's a fresh copy of an existing save.
    It was a dinner party and I tried setting it to happen 2 days' time.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018
    So I tried this on 3 different saves. One was new, one was my old one and the other was one I was currently testing for someone.

The new game and mine were fine, the other wasn't. I mainly saw the issue where it just chose a different day for the event than the one I had picked.

Puzzling

Do you mind testing mine? My issue is different; no events are being added to the calendar. When I try to add it again, the time I previously chose for the event will be greyed out. But nothing appears on the calendar and no event ever starts.
  • Sheli3Sheli3 Posts: 60 Member
    I just tried deleting the cache file mentioned in the previous comments and repairing the game. Still no luck.
    Origin ID: ShellySub

I did change my season length immediately after the world loaded. Before adding any holidays. I spent 2+ hours making my holidays, so I'll be so bummed if I have to start over.
    • How long have you been playing the save (approx) ?

Events not scheduling at all
    I think I've had it since 2014
    28 Days
    Yes, mods and CC. Did remove and repair, etc.
    Yes, a new save works
    All events
  • fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    Ahhhh. I posted my topic before I saw this. Sorry!

Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other)

Events not scheduling on the date I've chosen.

How long have you been playing the save (approx) ?

About a week.

How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ?
    7 Days

Has the game you're playing ever seen any mods/cc ? If so, did you remove them and try without ? (this is to figure out if all the mentioned issues are non-mod related and if a game that previously had mods is affected)

The same things happens with out them

Does a fresh save work for you ?
    Yes it does.

Which events do you have issues with ?

All events.

• AmileeLeiaAmileeLeia Posts: 8 New Member
    oof i have the same issue

Which issues happen to you? Event starting right away
    How long have you been playing the save (approx) ? january
    How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ? 14
    Has the game you're playing ever seen any mods/cc ? If so, did you remove them and try without ? yes and yes
    Does a fresh save work for you ? havent tried yet
    Which events do you have issues with ? i tried birthday party and toddler play date
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member

Which issues happen to you? Event starts right away
    How long have you been playing the save (approx) ? One week
    How long did you set the seasons ? 14 days
    Has the game you're playing ever seen any mods/cc ? If so, did you remove them and try without ? Yes, I took the mods out and also disabled them with the same issue happening.
    Which events do you have issues with? Dinner Party, Black and White party, and weddings.
  • SephirajoSephirajo Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm having this issue too, with Birthday parties, just set the seasons to 14 days, happens with and without mods. I haven't tried any other events, dived right back into this one save so I could schedule birthday parties for the kids. xD

Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other)
    -- Event Schedules on different date
    How long have you been playing the save (approx) ? Um... days? I dunno.
    How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ? 14
    Has the game you're playing ever seen any mods/cc ? If so, did you remove them and try without ? (this is to figure out if all the mentioned issues are non-mod related and if a game that previously had mods is affected) Yes it does, yes checked without. I do most of my own trouble shooting so I generally only check the forums after that.
    Does a fresh save work for you ? Too late to check now, will check in the morning.
    Which events do you have issues with ? So far, just birthday party
  • jodiegarfootjodiegarfoot Posts: 2 New Member
    > @crinrict said:
    > OK. Few questions for everyone
    >
    > * Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other)
    > * How long have you been playing the save (approx) ?
    > * How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ?
    > * Has the game you're playing ever seen any mods/cc ? If so, did you remove them and try without ? (this is to figure out if all the mentioned issues are non-mod related and if a game that previously had mods is affected)
    > * Does a fresh save work for you ?
    > * Which events do you have issues with ?

* Wedding, goaled event. Event goes into calendar but 4 days after the day I selected.
    * Save is at least a week old.
    * Seasons set to default length, didn't change them.
    * It has. Only mods are MCCC and some mods to have pointy ears in CAS for humans and randomly in the world. Also have CAS and build/buy CC. Removed just the mods first, then everything. Same issues with and without mods and CC in my pre-seasons save
    * Yes, no issues with or without mods and CC.
    * All the ones I tried, wedding, house party, dinner party had the same issue in my original save. After planning the wedding, I tried to do a house party on the same day and it said I could only have one goaled event per day so it thought there was an event on that day but the wedding had gone in 4 days later. Party did the same I think.
    edited June 2018
    I see a lot of people this happens to, myself included, chose 14 days. Actually, on my laptop I stuck with 7 days and I didn't have this issue at all. So I think that could maybe be the reason?
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
    IceyJ wrote: »
    So I tried this on 3 different saves. One was new, one was my old one and the other was one I was currently testing for someone.

The new game and mine were fine, the other wasn't. I mainly saw the issue where it just chose a different day for the event than the one I had picked.

Puzzling

Do you mind testing mine? My issue is different; no events are being added to the calendar. When I try to add it again, the time I previously chose for the event will be greyed out. But nothing appears on the calendar and no event ever starts.

Sure can do. Just upload your save somewhere and PM me the link.
    AHQ Tutorial