The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fallout 4 Hair Color CC for Sims 4 help

I did leave this out on the Bethesda Forums, but nobody came for help. I felt like leaving this here because I want additional feedback on some hair recolors that I'm working on. For those who have Fallout 4, you can help me decide which hair colors are accurate and which ones are not, and what RBG value they are supposed to have in order to make them accurate to the game's hair colors. So here it goes...

""Greetings, Bethesda Community.

I understand if this topic may or may not be related to Fallout 4, but to another game that isn't made by Bethesda. But I want to get some feedback and help regarding something I'm making which is both for Bethesda and Electronic Arts.

I'm making a Custom Content where I'm doing recolors of each hairstyle in The Sims 4, with the colors from Fallout 4's hair colors. Only problem is; I can't tell if the hair colors I managed to make so far match with the game's; I'm mostly concerned that the brown tones that I made doesn't match even though I got their RGB Values from The Sims 3 when I tried to make them. It's not the same for The Sims 4; no highlights, no tips, no roots, and absolutely; strict with swatches.

I tried to use Orcz.com as a guidance to see if I'm doing my job correctly, but I still can't make up my mind on whether or not I did my work in the way it's supposed to look like. The hair colors can vary with light in Fallout 4, but is there a way to see them in an "accurate light" somehow? With no shadows whatsoever so that I can be aware on what I'm doing?

Here you can see the swatches that I made for each hair color in Fallout 4 as close as in the game's appearance, and below are my attempts at applying them to a hairstyle as an example. I even have the original hair color texture files from Fallout 4 itself, extracted, with the identified hair color names as close as possible as well. Can someone compare them with Fallout 4's hair colors and see if some of the hair colors I made are right and which one of them are wrong so that I can fix them? I will appreciate any form of help possible, and I understand if I can't get an accurate RGB value of the said hair colors so that I can make my work as accurate as I'm trying to portray as possible. (I did notice the fact that the hair colors can vary with each hairstyle; the straight and curly hair textures are an example to this since they show different hair color values.)

991c8242-7a12-463b-857d-7f81a52cebcb.png

bd5097f1-17cd-4fb7-aed6-73b043153e5b.png

b7979a2e-3276-4d9d-bd48-1441b4fd2540.png

Let me know if you know how to help me get Fallout 4's hair colors right. I'll be grateful for anyone who wants to help, regardless on how they'll be able to; like I said, I appreciate any form of help."

-Christian

I understand if this topic may or may not be related to The Sims as well, but I'm using a recolor palette from a Bethesda game, but I do have to give credit to the company for using their hair colors for Custom Content and I'm only doing this under fair use.

Do any of you guys know how to improve my Work In Progress? Let me know when you can.

-Christian(x2)

Comments

• dlaremedlareme Posts: 20 Member
    They look good! If it's possible, you could tone down the brightness? As in, make them a little darker in colour. Nice job!!
  • ChrisatsinnohChrisatsinnoh Posts: 46 Member
    dlareme wrote: »
    They look good! If it's possible, you could tone down the brightness? As in, make them a little darker in colour. Nice job!!

Thank you so much for your feedback! If I tried to tone down the brightness, it may not be maxis-match looking for some of the hairstyles.
    I have the palette and the previews organized, and if you want, you can compare them to the hair colors that appear in-game!
    That's true. It looks good the way it is though! Post a link when you finish, haha!
    That's true. It looks good the way it is though! Post a link when you finish, haha!

I will. Do you have a way to help, though? Such as finding the true RBG values of the hair colors in Fallout 4?
    I...have no idea. Sorry! Maybe if you put the file into a program like Gimp and used the colour picker on each one?
    I...have no idea. Sorry! Maybe if you put the file into a program like Gimp and used the colour picker on each one?

I'll see what I can do. Thank you!

I'll see what I can do. Thank you!

I recently made myself an evaluation on the hair colors to see which ones I did right, neutral (needs improvement) and wrong. I got 10 right, 9 neutral, and 3 wrong. I'm leaving them here for reference:

Right: Bleached, White, Gray, Steel Gray, Graying, Brown, Auburn, Light Brown, Golden Blond and Blond.
    Neutral (needs improvement): Silver, Jet Black, Warm Black, Chestnut Brown, Deep Red, Red, Ginger, Dirty Blond and Platinum Blond.
    Wrong: Deep Brown, Dark Brown and Cool Brown.

I also made a comparison tab to compare each hair color to the ones displayed.

DgjozYaWkAEiL0e.jpg
    Dgjb0IwXUAAzEzj.jpg