Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upgrade Suggestions

So my laptop is a little older, (2014/2015 build) and it's still great, but I noticed that it's slowing down, even more than it used to when I'm playing the Sims. I play fairly regularly and since there computer is still in excellent shape, I don't see any reason to fork over $900+ for a gaming PC when it's not the only thing I use it for.

My current:
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4600
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
System Model: HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

I'm going to take it to a computer guy to see what upgrades I can do. Does anyone have any suggestions for specifics?
Thanks!

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Unfortunately you can not upgrade a laptop's processor and video card. You are stuck with the specs you buy. Laptops become throw away computers and outdated quickly. Desktops made for gaming can be upgraded or hardware switched out.

This game does require a gaming desktop. laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware. You need a higher end gaming laptop to equal the requirements for this game on desktop. This game is not complete. Now that EA is adding seasons, this EP will make the game more powerful to a computer. With your current laptop specs you may have issues moving forward playing this game with more add ons.

Your laptop has an integrated processor/video card and is not designed to run this game or any 3d games. It's designed for light computer tasks and under requirements. Forcing it to run games it should not could do permanent damage or shorten the lifespan of your laptop