Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• alyssasmilealyssasmile Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Lilsnowbunny_103 said:
    > Are there any rule updates for people who play sims on the consoles. I play sims on The Xbox One and I was wondering what the rules for aging up the babies since you can age them up right when they are first born

You can age up babies when they're first born on PC as well, and I'm pretty sure you have to wait until the game tells you it's their birthday.
  • RPA91RPA91 Posts: 16 Member
    @Ashleigh825 I am wanting to make a combined challenge with your 100 baby challenge and the black widow challenge. I am wondering if this would be ok with you as I would be using a lot of your original content?
  • Lovebog1Lovebog1 Posts: 1 New Member
    hey just a quick questing if you have a mod that can get males pregnant efter woohoo and the last child is male can you then go with the male if the first sim didn't get any girls?
  • NovaBelladonnaNovaBelladonna Posts: 58 Member
    I can't find this anywhere on the rules. Does anyone know if you can let your pregnant sim watch the kids channel to encourage multiples?
    1. Is this a thing - I'm pretty sure kids tv makes it more likely for twins etc.
    2. Is it against the rules?

Thanks in advance!

------

Another question: Does anyone actually not want to age their babies up straight away? I think they're less difficult than toddlers. I'd rather have 3 babies at once than 3 toddlers anyhoo. They're not that interesting but you can build up your relationship quite easily when they're just little bundles of crying furniture. Although my sim's baby hates it when she talks to her, any other interaction is fine. I guess they just don't have much in common. Not enough poop jokes, i guess.

------

Shameless plug. I've just started this challenge on my youtube channel, which I only started recently: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP-Dc-2ssPOJWLxdjV1mCvFQdvt-l6gT_
    ^ if you get time to watch (and enjoy watching youtube let's plays) please leave a comment and a like/dislike so I know how much I need to improve. First episode is less than 20 minutes and next one is less than 15 bc I edit out a lot.
    For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmFyY60q4J0PJNKCePjVG8g
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @NovaBelladonna I'm not sure if watching the kids channel is a thing to encourage multiples. But multiples are encouraged in general in the game...so having the reward trait (I think it's the fertile one), getting fertility massages, having the lot trait for multiples all of those things are OK. So I think it would OK for pregnant woman to watch a TV channel that encouraged multiples if that's a thing.

With the babies, even though they're a pain, the rules say we age them up on their actual birthday. I don't mind waiting until their actual birthday. My current matriarch who is an elder....during her years having children, she was level 10 in parenting & had finished the super parent aspiration & there's a super efficient interaction that allows you to feed, rock, change diaper in one interaction. It was so nice having that lol. But I like having babies when I have a lot of toddlers. When I have 4 toddlers & 2 babies & my Sim is pregnant it makes looking after the toddlers a little bit easier. When I have 6 toddlers running around....that's when things get hectic lol.

I love this challenge! How far along are you? I'm just waiting for my next matriarch in line to age up to YA (she's currently a teen)...and I'll be heading into my 2nd matriarch. I'm super excited as she has no skills in anything....I hate the traits I rolled for her & her aspiration, which I think you have to complete before you can select another one. So I think it's going to be super challenging with this next matriarch. The only benefit is that my 1st matriarch did so well with gardening that she's left the garden to her daughter....so money shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
  • breezydeerbreezydeer Posts: 111 Member
    Lovebog1 wrote: »
    hey just a quick questing if you have a mod that can get males pregnant efter woohoo and the last child is male can you then go with the male if the first sim didn't get any girls?

I think you're underestimating how many babies one matriarch has. It is very unlikely that you will have no girls within age when your matriarch is an elder.
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > @NovaBelladonna I'm not sure if watching the kids channel is a thing to encourage multiples. But multiples are encouraged in general in the game...so having the reward trait (I think it's the fertile one), getting fertility massages, having the lot trait for multiples all of those things are OK. So I think it would OK for pregnant woman to watch a TV channel that encouraged multiples if that's a thing.
    >
    > With the babies, even though they're a pain, the rules say we age them up on their actual birthday. I don't mind waiting until their actual birthday. My current matriarch who is an elder....during her years having children, she was level 10 in parenting & had finished the super parent aspiration & there's a super efficient interaction that allows you to feed, rock, change diaper in one interaction. It was so nice having that lol. But I like having babies when I have a lot of toddlers. When I have 4 toddlers & 2 babies & my Sim is pregnant it makes looking after the toddlers a little bit easier. When I have 6 toddlers running around....that's when things get hectic lol.
    >
    > I love this challenge! How far along are you? I'm just waiting for my next matriarch in line to age up to YA (she's currently a teen)...and I'll be heading into my 2nd matriarch. I'm super excited as she has no skills in anything....I hate the traits I rolled for her & her aspiration, which I think you have to complete before you can select another one. So I think it's going to be super challenging with this next matriarch. The only benefit is that my 1st matriarch did so well with gardening that she's left the garden to her daughter....so money shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Ah ok, I knew you could use the fertility reward, but I assumed bc you couldn't listen to pop/eat strawberries for girls you wouldn't be able to encourage multipls the "easy" way. I may have made the kids tv thing up (oops), gonna try it anyway as I've not got enough to get fertility treatment. How'd you get a lot trait for multiples?! Is that on an EP or a mod?

Oh wow I haven't got the parenting GP, but I want it before I finish the challenge! Which gives me a long time I guess bc they can take years can't they?

My sim has literally had her first baby... so not long! But I'm enjoying it. Hopefully I won't get bored. That sounds challenging, I am worried about 2nd matriarchs that are unsuitable for the challenge! Like fishing asperation and hates children!
    For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
    @NovaBelladonna The lot traits came with the City Living EP. I use the lot trait for multiples, which gives your matriarch a better chance of twins or triplets. I'm looking back at my first matriarch & she had 4 sets of twins and 1 set of triplets, so it's definitely helpful. Do you have City Living? Your matriarch can also have a job if you have City Living (though she has to always choose the work from home option).

Yeah the challenge can take a long time. I actually rotate between different Saves so it's taken a long time just to get to my 2nd matriarch. But I play with the optional rules to use the alien & vampire incentive, where any alien/hybrid or vampire born will count as 2 babies.....so my 1st matriarch had 16 kids total....but my full count toward the 100 baby count was 25 as I use that incentive. So I'm hoping to complete this challenge in 4-5 generations.

Congrats on your matriarch on having her first baby!!! Girl or boy? That's super exciting! I enjoy the challenge too. It has it's ups and downs for sure where I find it super hard or easy. Once I skilled my first matriarch, money became easy....I learned how to run a large household with ease. But it's always challenging when you have toddlers....it takes forever to age them up.

Now my 2nd matriarch....this is where the challenge comes in lol....her traits & aspiration aren't ones I'd pick for a Sim doing this challenge....but that's what I rolled so I'm kind of stuck with it. & she's unskilled...so it's kind of like starting over again. I'm trying to find donors for her, which has been challenging. She keeps getting rejected for romantic socials lol.

Any chance you have any pictures to share of your matriarch?
  • JayTheGingerHamsterJayTheGingerHamster Posts: 33 Member
    Are you allowed to WooHoo with a man a second time if they didn't impregnate you the first? Just wondering as this has happened to me and I want to know if I can try again
  • breezydeerbreezydeer Posts: 111 Member
    Are you allowed to WooHoo with a man a second time if they didn't impregnate you the first? Just wondering as this has happened to me and I want to know if I can try again

Yes
  • JayTheGingerHamsterJayTheGingerHamster Posts: 33 Member
    @breezydeer

Thanks! That's really helped me out:)
  • Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    My sim keeps having single male babies. I'm scared i'll have to start all over! I have the fertility trait and even went and got a fertility massage. Has this happened to other people?
    sMggKkh.png

@Emma-LeeXOXO Yes this happened to me in the beginning, but there's so many children to have during the YA and Adult years that eventually my matriarch had girls, but they definitely were born much later. I wouldn't worry too much about having to start over. Your matriarch will have a girl at some point before she's an elder.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    @Emma-LeeXOXO I will give you this advice, when your matriarch does get close (as in zero days to elder and not going to be able to have another pregnancy) and you don't have a chance of making another matriarch don't get gung-ho about moving out your last born daughter, if it looks like all you are having are sons... keep her around until you have another daughter.
  • GisemGisem Posts: 1 New Member
    I have two questions that I would like to get the community's opinion on.

1) The rules say, "Any rewards or in-game methods of extending a Sim's lifespan ... are not allowed." However, the game has a "feature" where pregnant sims do not age. Without mods, that is an unavoidable method of extending the Matriarch's lifespan. How do you deal with that? My original Matriarch is pregnant with her 30th child. She is a young adult with 22 days before she ages up to Adult. That's right, after 30 children, she has aged only 2 days. Her secret: always be pregnant. At this rate, I expect her to bear all 100 children herself. Is that against the rules or not? If exploiting this loophole is against the rules, what should I be doing differently?

2) The rules say, "There are no restrictions on who can father children in this challenge." Does that mean I can seed the game with dozens of beautiful, single, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Young Adult men who live solely for the purpose of impregnating my Matriarch? Creating Donors in CAS or importing them from the Gallery seems like a cheep way to go Donor-hunting. It just feels wrong, yet I can't find anything in the rules that would prevent me from doing just that. Thoughts? Opinions?

Thank you,
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited June 2018
    Gisem wrote: »
    The rules say, "Any rewards or in-game methods of extending a Sim's lifespan ... are not allowed." However, the game has a "feature" where pregnant sims do not age. Without mods, that is an unavoidable method of extending the Matriarch's lifespan. How do you deal with that?

It's not technically a "reward". It's part of the game.
    If exploiting this loophole is against the rules, what should I be doing differently?

You're not cheating, you're using the loophole to your advantage. :grimace:
    "There are no restrictions on who can father children in this challenge." Does that mean I can seed the game with dozens of beautiful, single, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Young Adult men who live solely for the purpose of impregnating my Matriarch? Creating Donors in CAS or importing them from the Gallery seems like a cheep way to go Donor-hunting. It just feels wrong, yet I can't find anything in the rules that would prevent me from doing just that. Thoughts? Opinions?

If you're doing it solely to see if you can do the challenge, there's nothing wrong. If you're creating a SimLit out of it... I feel bad for the mother and children. :grimace:

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    @Gisem I totally agree with your question regarding aging for pregnant Sims. The way I deal with it, is that I play with the MC Mod, & I actually turn 'pregnancy aging on' for all my pregnant Sims. The 100 Baby seems a bit more realistic to me that way....the matriarch is going to age when she's pregnant. I felt that I would go through the challenge rather quickly if I didn't change that. My first matriarch had 25 kids. So I still think I'm making pretty good progress.

As it relates to the donors....you can use anyone you want. I always ensure my Sim has a high enough romantic relationship and then 'ask to be friends' right after she's pregnant. I usually pre-populate my worlds with Gallery Sims, my friends Sims, etc. before starting any new Save. I've never created donors in CAS specifically for this challenge but I don't see where it's against the rules to do so.
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > @NovaBelladonna The lot traits came with the City Living EP. I use the lot trait for multiples, which gives your matriarch a better chance of twins or triplets. I'm looking back at my first matriarch & she had 4 sets of twins and 1 set of triplets, so it's definitely helpful. Do you have City Living? Your matriarch can also have a job if you have City Living (though she has to always choose the work from home option).
    >

Unfortunately not, and the next on my "to-buy" list are Get Together and Parenthood and possibly Seasons bc it looks so good. So it'll be a while :p

> Yeah the challenge can take a long time. I actually rotate between different Saves so it's taken a long time just to get to my 2nd matriarch. But I play with the optional rules to use the alien & vampire incentive, where any alien/hybrid or vampire born will count as 2 babies.....so my 1st matriarch had 16 kids total....but my full count toward the 100 baby count was 25 as I use that incentive. So I'm hoping to complete this challenge in 4-5 generations.

I forgot that about aliens, I don't know whether to populate the town with aliens or to try to get loads of different men pregnant now!!
    >
    > Congrats on your matriarch on having her first baby!!! Girl or boy? That's super exciting! I enjoy the challenge too. It has it's ups and downs for sure where I find it super hard or easy. Once I skilled my first matriarch, money became easy....I learned how to run a large household with ease. But it's always challenging when you have toddlers....it takes forever to age them up.
    >
    > Now my 2nd matriarch....this is where the challenge comes in lol....her traits & aspiration aren't ones I'd pick for a Sim doing this challenge....but that's what I rolled so I'm kind of stuck with it. & she's unskilled...so it's kind of like starting over again. I'm trying to find donors for her, which has been challenging. She keeps getting rejected for romantic socials lol.

First baby was a baby girl so I know I've got at least one girl for the next generation though I'm sure I'll have more! Saving up for that fertility reward so hopefully we'll get some skills in the process. Maybe it'll be fun to have a challenging matriarch... I just don't want her to be gloomy, loner, and hates children with fishing aspiration. What's your second matriarch's traits?

>
    > Any chance you have any pictures to share of your matriarch?
    Not with me right now, I play on a different computer to the laptop I'm on now. I'm "working". Sort of. She's on my youtube channel (Nova Belladonna), but she's super basic and cartoony bc I like that style and haven't downloaded much CC yet, hyper realistic sims scare me and I'm super indecisive in CAS.
  • deniseelizadeniseeliza Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having a good time with this one! Although it's definitely weird with the matriarch not aging while pregnant. She's just finished her 10th pregnancy (her first set of twins for 11 total children) and is less than half the way through YA. 9 of the children so far are girls.

My matriarch is named Anastasia Sisson and she's a writer. The writing is going quite well; you get a consistent income even on days when you can't write. I'm getting about 2k a day.

Generally once she has the baby, I have her spend half a day or so getting her needs back in the green, then I send her to the night club to catch a man. The night club is great because you can WooHoo in the closets downstairs. I had a terrible time seducing men at home; they seemed to never be interested in my flirts. Anyway you can use the pregnancy test right after WooHooing in the closet, and if it doesn't take, just try again right away.

I've been trying to have 2 empty slots in the house by the time the matriarch is ready to give birth, in case we get twins. Once I got a teen in the house things have gotten a lot easier, since the teen can cook and help the toddlers gain skills. So since my oldest got to teenhood I've rarely had a child make it past half way through their life stage before I was able to age them up. Young adults are even better. Currently my house is full though. I have one YA to move out but only 1 teen; she's a B student but it's the weekend. So things might start to get a little hairy soon.

Amusingly, with the birth of the twins (Helene and Liliane, who appear to be identical), I've now had daughters with all 3 of the Munch sons. So technically they're both half-sisters and cousins (sort of).
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    @deniseeliza what gets really weird is when your children start getting older than you after you move them out of the house.
  • LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
    Amusingly, with the birth of the twins (Helene and Liliane, who appear to be identical), I've now had daughters with all 3 of the Munch sons. So technically they're both half-sisters and cousins (sort of).

That's too funny! I haven't had babies with all 3 yet (Lucas is still a teen in my game) But She had Dresden with Gunther and Edwin with Wolfgang.

1zzhuli.png13z7vdj.png
    @Ashleigh825 With the Seasons EP....can our matriarch be in the Gardening career since it's a work from home job? I'm assuming this would be the same as the City Living rules for those 3 careers where you can work from home....but I wanted to double check that this career is acceptable & not against any rules.
    Thanks in advance!
  • XxCrazy_SimmerxXXxCrazy_SimmerxX Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I'm new to the forum! I started the 100 baby challenge a couple days ago, and I'm really enjoying it! I have 3 kids so far:

Adelaide Zaagman (my matriarch)
    Britney Lewis (father, Eric Lewis
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hi Everyone. I started the 100 Baby Challenge, and it is a spin-off of my Wonder Child Challenge. I have a bit of a twist to the stories in that my 100 Baby matriarch is a surrogate. It is set in a futuristic, dystopian society. Because of "blasts" from a war, a lot of sims can't have babies anymore, and are sterile. The ones who can have babies, have been banded and have a tattoo and are "matched" with another sim, who is called their "chosen one". Sims who can't have babies can go to a surrogacy agency and a surrogate can have a baby for them. Here is the background story about my matriarch's mother, and it gives an idea of this society. Melissa Collins is my matriarch. The reference to Kyla and Terence at the end of the chapter is reference to my couple in the Wonder Child Challenge.

Enjoy and comments are always appreciated.

Who is Ruby Collins?

melissa_collins.png
    Melissa Collins. My new baby mama for my 100 Baby Challenge.
  • meganfaith358meganfaith358 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am currently doing the challenge and everything is going well. I am just wondering, can we use the new re-training potion to change the traits of our next matriarch? I don't want my next matriarch to be insane and have crazy mood swings all the time, as that would interfere with the baby daddy finding process. I want her to be flirty, but after I randomize the traits, could I use the potion to change them. Thank you, this would help a lot if someone answered.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top