Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Official Countdown Thread (Now Released)!!!!!!

Comments

• a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    @SimTrippy He sure is amazing!! He’s a gamer himself so he fully understands the obsession and wanting to play as soon as it’s released :lol: But I hit the jackpot overall with him :love:
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• VenessaVeeVenessaVee Posts: 187 Member
    edited June 2018
    ohh my its like less than 4 hours but I'm going to be fast asleep because I have work early in the morning :s

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I'm in England so it wont be downloading until 11pm tonight. But I have to be up early tomorrow to visit my dad in the hospital. so I wont get to play until tomorrow night, then I will be too tired, so looks like Saturday now. I have pre ordered and paid, will I get it sooner??
    I'm in England so it wont be downloading until 11pm tonight. But I have to be up early tomorrow to visit my dad in the hospital. so I wont get to play until tomorrow night, then I will be too tired, so looks like Saturday now. I have pre ordered and paid, will I get it sooner??

Sorry to hear about your dad...hope everything is ok soon :(
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

a_niles06 wrote: »

Thank you for your lovely concern. unfortunately or fortunately it wont. its a slow progress but he hasn't much longer. but the hospital is so far away and I don't drive, I can only get there very other day. as well as this dreaded hay fever.

Thank you for your lovely concern. unfortunately or fortunately it wont. its a slow progress but he hasn't much longer. but the hospital is so far away and I don't drive, I can only get there very other day. as well as this dreaded hay fever.

I’m so very sorry to hear that. I understand what you’re going through. Sending you peaceful thoughts.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @feetinstockings sending special thoughts your way at this difficult time *hugs*

@SimTrippy and @loubyloulou thank you <3

I’m so very sorry to hear that. I understand what you’re going through. Sending you peaceful thoughts.

Thank you.
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member

I hope everything goes ok with your dad and that he gets better soon
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    in 3-4 hours I'll be sending my dutch friend back home as she was only here as an eu student for a year at uni
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    kemisz wrote: »
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    its Almost time so made this to celebrate the midnight release 552ed1bcabec48aa9621deb31a44614b.0.jpg

Great job!

Aussies and VPN users... about 6 hours now!

i wanted the news to reflect the players hype.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Well my main sim got abducted by an alien again (have aliens gotten more active or something? That never seemed to have happened and now it happened twice. She isn't even in the science career) and one of my vampires died. I invited the ghost to live with my sims and been trying her to become a master vampire, trying to give her the sun resistant trait and see if I can bring her back. I could leave her as a ghost; but I planned on moving her out soon and afraid she might get culled.
  • ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    3 HOURS!!!

@feetinstockings I just went through the exact same thing. My dad was in palliative care for 2 months at the start of the year. Cancer. He passed in March. But I know what it feels like when they haven't got much time left. It really really blows. I didn't get to see him everyday too. And it hurt, but I made up for it in sooo many hugs and it really does help the healing process afterwards.

Sorry to make this post dark, but idk, we're the best little community and it's important to reach out to people when you feel like you can support them. I seriously love our little sims obsessed family xxx have not known of any other game with a community like this haha it's actually nuts!!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member

I am sorry to hear about your father. Best you can do is just try to be there for him as much as possible and let him that you care.

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

I'm in England also but didn't preorder. I'm too busy following the World Cup. I'm at work tomorrow so might have chance to download at the weekend.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @elanorbreton Good luck on the job interview! :)
  • peggy26peggy26 Posts: 1 New Member
    So I'm in the UK, and I was wondering if there's a way to get Seasons early with a VPN or by changing my region on Windows. I tried to change my region on Windows to New Zealand already, but I'm scared to pre-order it because it is still showing me the option to buy the pack for pounds instead of NZ dollars. I could just wait, but I wouldn't get it until late tonight, and if there's a way I can do it sooner that'd be great! (by the way, this is my first time using the forum, so if I make a mistake, I'm sorry in advance :smiley: )
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I just popped into my sims 4 game and it says download to use. What does that mean?
    Oh hamburgers!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018
    peggy26 wrote: »
    So I'm in the UK, and I was wondering if there's a way to get Seasons early with a VPN or by changing my region on Windows. I tried to change my region on Windows to New Zealand already, but I'm scared to pre-order it because it is still showing me the option to buy the pack for pounds instead of NZ dollars. I could just wait, but I wouldn't get it until late tonight, and if there's a way I can do it sooner that'd be great! (by the way, this is my first time using the forum, so if I make a mistake, I'm sorry in advance :smiley: )

Be sure to purchase the game first in your own region. Then use the VPN later to download only. They might ban your account if you purchase the game from the wrong region at the wrong price, etc.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @feetinstockings and @ahoychristie My prayers go out to you. Losing a parent is very difficult. My mom passed this past September so I know the road your lives have taken very well. And I send both of you comforting hugs. <3
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    @catloverplayer I think it's time to open your picture thread for the EP! I am looking forward to see what the people on the east of the globe will start posting soon and I want pics!!!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • KhuganKhugan Posts: 23 Member
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > sunman502 wrote: »
    >
    > bandit5 wrote: »
    >
    > us west coast is at 9 pm Thursday
    >
    >
    >
    > I believe they said that that's if you have pre-ordered the EP before hand. All others except VPN people will have to wait until midnight their time in order to start downloading.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's incorrect. If it releases at 12 am EST, then they will indeed have it at 9 pm PST. See post above. That is to limit the rolling release to 5 time zones, instead of every individual variation :)

What is your source for this information? Kate's tweet clearly stated:

"Alright! So I see a lot of confusion about when Seasons will officially be available to play. It is rolling out worldwide beginning at midnight in your local time zone on the 22nd. By 10 AM PDT on the 22nd it will be available everywhere! Time zones are confusing."

I haven't seen any info to alter that, but you seem to be saying that everyone in the US can download at midnight EST.
    edited June 2018
    @Paigeisin5 thank you. It's the weirdest and most heartbreaking experience. You lose such a significant part of you. Everyone has to go through it unfortunately. Saying goodbye is plum, but if you get the privilege of doing it, you're one of the lucky ones. I'll never take that opportunity for granted ever. You're the kindest though. Thank you :heart:
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    @catloverplayer I think it's time to open your picture thread for the EP! I am looking forward to see what the people on the east of the globe will start posting soon and I want pics!!!

I was just thinking this as well :lol:
    edited June 2018
    Also, am I the only one worried that we're JUST about to get seasons and the fireplaces apparently don't work since the latest patch? What are we gonna do now? Hahaha

Edit: nevermiiiind, just saw that once you install seasons, the fireplaces should be working. Phew!