Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beds in Seasons

Why are the beds in seasons such bad quality? The double beds, which are so pretty and I love, are only 5 and 6 for sleep. I won’t ever be using them because my sims won’t get enough sleep.

We really need a way to upgrade beds/mattresses.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    Rae357 wrote: »
    Why are the beds in seasons such bad quality? The double beds, which are so pretty and I love, are only 5 and 6 for sleep. I won’t ever be using them because my sims won’t get enough sleep.

Agreed. I’ve noticed this with new beds and showers especially. They add new items but the stats are all low, makes you not want to use them.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    What an awesome idea. It's much more logical to upgrade a bed (in real life you'd buy a new mattress or boxpring) than say, a refrigerator.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    It's been discussed in the forums before, probably not once. I agree the possibility to upgrade beds would be great, and hopefully we'll finally get it. In the meantime, if you're not against using mods, there's the one just for that: http://littlemssam.de/buy-a-better-mattress-better-energycomfort-on-beds/ It'll probably need to be updated for the new beds, but LittleMsSam usually takes care of her mods pretty quickly :)
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    It's been discussed in the forums before, probably not once. I agree the possibility to upgrade beds would be great, and hopefully we'll finally get it. In the meantime, if you're not against using mods, there's the one just for that: http://littlemssam.de/buy-a-better-mattress-better-energycomfort-on-beds/ It'll probably need to be updated for the new beds, but LittleMsSam usually takes care of her mods pretty quickly :)

Thanks, but I don't use mods or cc. I rely solely on what the game provides.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    It'd be pretty nifty to be able to upgrade furniture in getting the comfort level and energy up higher.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah I would love to be able to upgrade beds level! And showers.
    Lu4ERme.gif

Interesting way to go with a mod! I love her work. I typically buy separated frames and bedding, though, which suits me (although a lot of times cc bedding has the highest possible stats, which I don't always want, but oh well).

Interesting way to go with a mod! I love her work. I typically buy separated frames and bedding, though, which suits me (although a lot of times cc bedding has the highest possible stats, which I don't always want, but oh well).

She's doing some great mods, I agree on that :) And I also don't really like having the highest stats on beds. I just feel Sims sleeps too short then, they wake up too early and they're more tired after coming back from school/work. That being said, it'd be nice if Maxis matresses upgrade had some levels and wouldn't go straight to 10.

She's doing some great mods, I agree on that :) And I also don't really like having the highest stats on beds. I just feel Sims sleeps too short then, they wake up too early and they're more tired after coming back from school/work. That being said, it'd be nice if Maxis matresses upgrade had some levels and wouldn't go straight to 10.

Totally agree, some variation would be great, especially if your Sim could do it themselves.

For the waking up issue I am using this: http://littlemssam.de/sleep-all-night/ :D:D:D
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

How do you know what Energy level they are? O-O The game doesn't come out for two days. #dyingofcuriosity

How do you know what Energy level they are? O-O The game doesn't come out for two days. #dyingofcuriosity

A lot of early access videos were released today, so I'm guessing from one of them.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I don't build so I don't really know what numbers for sleep most beds have, nor what the number means for that matter (does it make the sims gain energy at a faster rate or something?), but what did strike me as odd was that this one super mega looking city living bed had like no comfort or sleep or something and it looked super fancy as well, like bed canopy and all, or maybe it was a different bed to that but it was definitely from city living and it definitely looked fancy except it had what I think were low levels for a bed.

Is this a recurring thing or..?
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    it would be awesome to be able to upgrade beds. i use the one from city living because i like the style of it, but my sim sometimes wakes up with a sore back. i'd never ruin the aesthetics of my sim's room over something small like not getting proper sleep, though. ;P
    giphy.gif
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    it would be awesome to be able to upgrade beds. i use the one from city living because i like the style of it, but my sim sometimes wakes up with a sore back. i'd never ruin the aesthetics of my sim's room over something small like not getting proper sleep, though. ;P

Same I love that bed but it was making my current male sim miserable

@SimQueenie9 I was watching a live stream on twitch, RoryPlays. She was going through and reading the descriptions on all the items.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd settle for a BUY NEW MATTRESS option with a couple of different priced choices.
  • mari_c1mari_c1 Posts: 74 Member
    I had no idea, but anyway, I like @Dannydanbo 's solution, that would be so cool to be able to buy new mattresses, like instead of buying the whole bed, you click the bed and it automatically gives you both a mattress choice and the original comforter choices!
    sappy himming :)
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I won't use beds with a sleep rating higher than 6, preferably lower, otherwise they're in bed for too little time.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I won't use beds with a sleep rating higher than 6, preferably lower, otherwise they're in bed for too little time.

Too little time? But they can use that extra time for skilling and such. o:

My sims have too much to do. I don't use anything lower than 8.
  • KityyKatty519KityyKatty519 Posts: 24 Member
    Noo... i mean i like the way of giving a bit of personality to beds with the idea of waking up with a sore back, but i would rather have more beds with a good quality. it is really annoying if you keep an eye on making a nice room with a fitting bed and then they wake up uncomfortable every day :/.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member

Me neither. I never understand why people want high rated beds. If they wake up too soon then their energy goes down before it reaches the next bed time.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member

She actually got 69 mods! updated yesterday, so yeah, she is awesome. :)
    Yes, the better mattress one is one of them. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/

Me neither. I never understand why people want high rated beds. If they wake up too soon then their energy goes down before it reaches the next bed time.

I time how long they sleep and then keep them up until they'll wake up fully rested at the right time.