Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    WeezysSims wrote: »
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > With no working fireplaces, you have to add a thermostat or your little simmies will freeze.

question how did you change your profile pic?

When you become a full member, you can click your name and go to your page and change it there. I'll give you a LIKE to help you on your way. Happy simming.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    With no working fireplaces, you have to add a thermostat or your little simmies will freeze.

I am a little confused here as I have spent ages in game getting my Sims to upgrade their fireplaces for seasons so will this not work for some reason? and I will still have to use a thermostat? Until now I had not heard of this before despite sitting through 2 + hours of the live stream-)

Sorry. I was making a joke because others have complained that adding a thermostat will increase your sim bills. With some things breaking from the patch, I made a bad joke. It hopefully will be fixed for the release.
  • Options
    mari_c1mari_c1 Posts: 74 Member
    okay so does anyone know what weather my old sim families will start on? Will they default start on a certain weather from where I last left them or like will I be able to choose it going back into them?
    sappy himming :)
  • Options
    mari_c1 wrote: »
    okay so does anyone know what weather my old sim families will start on? Will they default start on a certain weather from where I last left them or like will I be able to choose it going back into them?

When you open the game to play a household after Seasons is installed, you will get that screen with the four seasonal plumbobs. You pick a seasonal plumbob and that's where that game starts.
  • Options
    XxItalianPeachesxXXxItalianPeachesxX Posts: 67 Member
    The thermostat will make your bill go up ????
  • Options
    kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    With no working fireplaces, you have to add a thermostat or your little simmies will freeze.

There are going to be working fireplaces.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I am a little confused here as I have spent ages in game getting my Sims to upgrade their fireplaces for seasons so will this not work for some reason? and I will still have to use a thermostat? Until now I had not heard of this before despite sitting through 2 + hours of the live stream-)

Sorry. I was making a joke because others have complained that adding a thermostat will increase your sim bills. With some things breaking from the patch, I made a bad joke. It hopefully will be fixed for the release.

Crin confirmed that fireplaces work when Seasons is installed.
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    As irrational as it is I have checked this feed like 10X just in case idk EA was wrong and seasons is out now. I feel like time is literally slowing down waiting for this release!
  • Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I can't wait for the toddler pools! I just download 5 cute swimsuits for my toddlers! I can't wait to see them having fun!
  • Options
    ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member
    Seasons is so close to being here my sims are excited
  • Options
    Starwing22Starwing22 Posts: 4 New Member
    It says on origin release date June 21 I’m in central time zone United States and it’s past midnight and still not out anyone know why?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited June 2018
    Does anyone know what time is the game coming out in the UK? In my Origin it says 21st June... :'(

11pm Thursday, I believe.
  • Options
    Starwing22Starwing22 Posts: 4 New Member
    :) thank u loubyloulou
  • Options
    Starwing22 wrote: »
    It says on origin release date June 21 I’m in central time zone United States and it’s past midnight and still not out anyone know why?

It will be tonight at about 10 pm. It drops at midnight in New York, I think.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

Yep, pretty much as in real life ;)
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Anmirla

Thanks for that info and lol that's a heck of a new sales technique :)

No worries lol I was just niggled with myself if I thought had spent hours doing something in game for nothing :) As for paying any bill my sims always have more than enough money anyway unless I am deliberately playing the hobo's ;)
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    what time will it download here in England?? does anyone know.
  • Options
    what time will it download here in England?? does anyone know.

11pm, today (Thursday), I believe :)
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I paid last night now it says there was an error in the amount of money paid, can someone tell me how much in English money it is please.
  • Options
    I paid last night now it says there was an error in the amount of money paid, can someone tell me how much in English money it is please.

It should be £34.99
  • Options
    hallowhallow Posts: 58 Member
    WeezysSims wrote: »
    > @hallow said:
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > With no working fireplaces, you have to add a thermostat or your little simmies will freeze.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh no! D:
    >
    > I'm sure some simmers want that to happen

lol like deligracy wants her sims to die

Ohmygod
    I literally don't have a single household without some sort of pet help me
  • Options
    XxItalianPeachesxXXxItalianPeachesxX Posts: 67 Member

Yep, pretty much as in real life ;)

Thanks that’s so cool .
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited June 2018
    @feetinstockings

agree with @loubyloulou its 34.99 in the UK and when pre ordering you should get a confirmation email from EA and secondary email from your payment provider confirming the purchase.. it should look like this in your Origin my games library under the expansion pack header..

NKyt5GH.png

If you think you have paid and it is not showing correctly I would get onto ea chat..

https://help.ea.com/uk/

Oh and as for downloading times no matter what EA say i have never got to download a game in the UK until after midnight but it might be different for other people :) I hope you mange to get everything sorted out..
  • Options
    Bluebell_RayneBluebell_Rayne Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm so excited!! Seasons has always been my fav EP. It adds so much to the game. Pets was a favourite, but i'm still mourning the loss of the horses! :'( :'(
  • Options
    MochaTheCatMochaTheCat Posts: 1 New Member
    > @EA_Mage said:
    > SEA-SONS! SEA-SONS! SEA-SONS!
    >
    >
    > Simmers, we’ve heard you loud and clear. So, it’s time to reveal one of our biggest, brightest, sometimes-stormiest packs yet. The Sims 4 Seasons is coming to PC and Mac on June 22, 2018!
    >
    > Picture this: A flurry of snow gently falls from the sky. The fireplace roars. Fuzzy sweaters abound. Hot cocoa is being sipped. The house is decorated for the holidays.
    >
    >
    >
    > Can you smell the pine tree? Can you see the twinkling lights? Can you believe how much this will change your game forever? Drop your impressions, reactions, comments and weather appropriately dressed Sims below!
    >
    > Edit: Meet the Climates family!!!
    >
    > Find out more in our blog!
    >
    > Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
    > Update:
    >
    > New EA Play blog gives us The Sims 4 Seasons: Holidays Official Gameplay Trailer:
    >
    >
    >
    > Read the full blog here!

But then why does origin say June 21st 9PM PDT?