Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds You Can't Live Without

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    @SPARKY1922 Here is the first of three tutorials. This one will be needed if you want to try to put a dive lot into a different world - or even in the same world but into a different place from the lot on which it was originally built. Also I use it for moving the flag down a bit and that's how I stop the mermaids from jumping into the air when they cross the dive lot boundary.

Here's the link to the newest tutorial.

https://youtu.be/19Z2A5EA8Xs

Its on the SetImportedTerrainOffset cheat and is used if you place a lot and it is too high or too low for the surrounding terrain.

@Karritz, thanks for the video, but I wish I could see it, It is very hard for me to follow, as I can't see anything, Video is nice, it is just me. I can't seem to follow it.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @Evalen

I have only just started learning about these sorts of cheats and what can be done with them and this week alone I have learned how to add dive lots and ports/houseboats into worlds that do not have them so my next learning curve is going to be having a further look at the SetImportedTerrainOffset cheat to see what I might be able to achieve in higher areas of the world maps I would have never thought about trying out before. I know sometimes the videos can be a little dark but the information still works so I will come back when I have a had a go at this myself and report back :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @Evalen I'm sorry you're having problems with the video. I do struggle constantly to get them lighter. I'm still learning about making them.

The cheat that video is about is SetImportedTerrainOffset n

the n represents a number. That number can be positive or negative.

You use the cheat if you place a house (or some build) on a lot and find it sinks below the surrounding terrain, or is much higher than the surrounding terrain. This doesn't happen often but if it does happen it is good to know this cheat.

It can be a tedious cheat to use as you have to have a lot of experiments working out what that number is as it tends to be different for each lot.

If the lot you placed is way to high above the surround ground level than you use a negative number as you want it to move lower. For example you might try SetImportedTerrainOffset -2.8

Then place your lot and see if that is a good number or not. If it is great, if not you need to bulldoze the lot and try again with a different number.

If the lot you placed is sinks down into a hole then you need to use a positive number. For example you might try SetImportedTerrainOffset 2

Then place your lot and see if that is a good number for that build placed on that lot. If not you need to bulldoze the lot and try again.

It usually takes me at least 3 attempts before I get the right number.
    @Evalen I'm sorry you're having problems with the video. I do struggle constantly to get them lighter. I'm still learning about making them.

You use the cheat if you place a house (or some build) on a lot and find it sinks below the surrounding terrain, or is much higher than the surrounding terrain. This doesn't happen often but if it does happen it is good to know this cheat.

It can be a tedious cheat to use as you have to have a lot of experiments working out what that number is as it tends to be different for each lot.

If the lot you placed is way to high above the surround ground level than you use a negative number as you want it to move lower. For example you might try SetImportedTerrainOffset -2.8

Then place your lot and see if that is a good number or not. If it is great, if not you need to bulldoze the lot and try again with a different number.

If the lot you placed is sinks down into a hole then you need to use a positive number. For example you might try SetImportedTerrainOffset 2

Then place your lot and see if that is a good number for that build placed on that lot. If not you need to bulldoze the lot and try again.

@Karritz thanks for explaing this, its not you, I have trouble seeing things in the dark. This is very interesting as this has happen to me sometimes, Do you use testingcheatsenable and then click on again and put in SetlmportedOffset and then a number. How do you know what the number is already. I guess this sounds stupid.
    @Evalen you do Testing Cheats Enabled first. Then you type in SetImportedTerrainOffset 3 but replace the 3 with your own number.

It starts off 0. You have to guess the number. I often start with 3 or -3 and then change the number when I try again depending on the result I get with using 3. It is trial and error. Set it back to 0 when you're finished in case you import something else and forget you've got it set for the lot you just finished with.
  • NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    edited April 2018
    The first world I ever use was, of course, Sunset Valley. I liked it, but I never fully explored it. My families didn't never lasted very long as I was new to the game and didn't know about turning aging off or adjusting the sliders.

Then, as I learned more about the game, I fell in love with Appaloosa Plains. I really loved the horses in the game, but it was very hard work to have a horse. I like big well designed homes, but I didn't know how to build them... so I downloaded them. That was a huge problem because none of the nice houses had flat terrain! Horses, I soon discovered really need flat terrain! My horses got stuck so often! The very first horse I had got stuck and starved until it was taken away from me because I didn't know how to reset it. Once I figured out how to do that, I was able to keep a horse, but it required constant attention because it would just get stuck again! Blech! And you can't just flatten out the terrain that someone built their house around... It just won't work because horses will cover every inch and they'll find a place that isn't level. So then I finally learned how to build my own beautiful homes (with flat terrain!). By then, we had more towns to explore and so I said goodbye to Appaloosa Plains and headed out.

So, since my wandering, I've tried a couple of new places including Dragon Valley which is the only store bought property I own. It's quaint, but too small with lots of winding paths and things far removed from any roads. Not very many properties to buy and the beaches are very far removed from... everything... including one that is WAAAAAAYYYY outside of nowhere. I also didn't like how it never seems to get light there. But, the architecture there cannot be understated! the buildings and homes are fantastic!

My family just recently moved to Moonlit Falls and that's become my new favorite! It's large, has plenty of purchasable properties, and lots of neat places to explore! It's beautiful!

sig.jpg
    @Naabril did you download Riverview? It's free when you register your base game. It has lots of flat areas too.

I'm currently playing in Moonlight Falls. I'm doing a Perfect Genetics Challenge there. It is a world I enjoy playing in a lot. But I love Dragon Valley and have a whole witches village up on the plateau away from roads and the town. I love to send my sims exploring all over the world and keep finding new places with new things to collect.
  • NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Karritz I can't unfortunately. A long time ago, I registered it under a different e-mail account that I no longer have. I didn't know then about Riverview and I can't do it now since that e-mail is gone.

I love owning properties and coming up with ways to upgrade them to level 3. Right now in Moonlit Falls, I make over $200,000 simoleans a week just from real estate. Some of these places are expensive to upgrade too! The graveyard was level 0 and required a lot of money to upgrade! It took a lot of creative thinking since it's so small, but I finally got it to level 3 by building my own mausoleum. I built a structure with a ladder going down and through a secret bookcase door, you find corridors that lead even further down and you finally come upon an alter and several pews. Dark things happen at the graveyard!
    sig.jpg
    Nabril wrote: »
    @Karritz I can't unfortunately. A long time ago, I registered it under a different e-mail account that I no longer have. I didn't know then about Riverview and I can't do it now since that e-mail is gone.

I love owning properties and coming up with ways to upgrade them to level 3. Right now in Moonlit Falls, I make over $200,000 simoleans a week just from real estate. Some of these places are expensive to upgrade too! The graveyard was level 0 and required a lot of money to upgrade! It took a lot of creative thinking since it's so small, but I finally got it to level 3 by building my own mausoleum. I built a structure with a ladder going down and through a secret bookcase door, you find corridors that lead even further down and you finally come upon an alter and several pews. Dark things happen at the graveyard!

You seem to do things like I do in my builds. I don't put them onto the Exchange any more since I got CC but I still build 'interesting' things occasionally.

• MineWarsMineWars Posts: 16 Member
    Bridgeport
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member

sounds complicated LOL

sounds complicated LOL

It's not complicated, just a bit tedious if it takes a while to work out the number. All you have to do it enter the cheat and place the lot.
    @Karritz Thank you for this, I just wrote it down and will try it next time.
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm playing Hillcrest Cove right now and I love it! Peacemaker is one of my fav CC furniture/home designers and to have a whole world made by him is awesome.

http://simsationaldesigns.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/hillcrest-cove-world-that-is-finally.html
    Post edited by FriedCawfee on
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    that's pretty !
  • harmonia_nectere7harmonia_nectere7 Posts: 33 Member
    I always come back to Moonlight Falls
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I love all the worlds,

they seemed to put more effort into a lot of the store worlds.

and of course custom worlds built with every pack are pretty neat to
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MagicEmeraldMagicEmerald Posts: 38 Member
    Moonlight Falls, Appalosa Plains, Midnight Hollow, Bridgeport and Riverview.
  • MagicEmeraldMagicEmerald Posts: 38 Member
    > @MagicEmerald said:
    > Moonlight Falls, Appalosa Plains, Midnight Hollow, Bridgeport, Twinbrook and Riverview.

Edit: I forgot Twinbrook so i added it in here.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member

sounds complicated LOL

Its not complicated but annoying, I have a few lots in the world I'm playing that I gave up because no matter what number I set, it wasn't right lol.
  • gardenGothicgardenGothic Posts: 100 Member
    My favourite town is Anne Arbor by My Sims Reailty!! I can't post links yet but it's the first town that comes up on Google. It's half-city half-suburb, best of both worlds! The only annoyance with it is that it there is a mountain range between the two sides and only one street connecting them, which is annoying whenever you need to access something on the opposite side from where your sim lives, and is especially annoying if that thing you need to access is their job. I love the mix though, I wish there were more mixed towns like that! Doesn't need CC but does need WA, AMB, LN and GEN.
    Call me Booky!! (they/them)
    Simming Blog: Booky Loves Shiny Things!
    sZNqePM9W6d2Lrm5UpJhHbd9MGqZ5hV2_cX6GZcOXWSbJHRg4SdIhOUXKQtL7PZ6Ux3SEpde2Hd3nhoG7WMRhsE2ti9MIo_qvA3-U8EEgZ5xuacGIjvitbk-ZP5AbDcaMWSoJkL6Eo6xWUfis5ccJS0pYposlsk_vCsFGB-IkMp5jg-Pezqen7W-3DYFGNp1t_9XUjd4_ccSlcDwCGUfiQzNwBaSJm0yPLbiq3pRD6craNK8RUr8EGqaH7bxOGDTCzYZrTJ_SDkk9sgQXK-gFIz8qrIrZhZskNOYSOZBsMkYbiW0CjOevWYW9o1sTsomFi3p11msV69ZRU1sAX1VeG6wJ_6LjOSTZwGmQjMEyIn_LPYTq6GX1nu87u3N_f4cd13H6qq5QAJh3bu16HizzG3V6gtmW32T4h0oBgY3KEWxUe309HdhSgFaF5v_xoQmGgB4llydstDuPpQI456b3vaJDQP1K-h_hscQBwqRaJgLOLmiWaKKLh-_gz5XwTXaGKiDDwq3mpPv4qLQYg6mC6vLtpbmmpPby_uF_aKVy_B1xNbxODNJaov-uIH50hKqI4FaXffJBO2VoDIvockXJ7HsqkZUokCJVFSm6-YgFiPTlNMER1uzh6TbQhufl_rT-16XpKFiF_E4VYx3tmnpWaB9=w628-h224-no
    edited July 2018
    My favourite town is Anne Arbor by My Sims Reailty!! I can't post links yet but it's the first town that comes up on Google. It's half-city half-suburb, best of both worlds! The only annoyance with it is that it there is a mountain range between the two sides and only one street connecting them, which is annoying whenever you need to access something on the opposite side from where your sim lives, and is especially annoying if that thing you need to access is their job. I love the mix though, I wish there were more mixed towns like that! Doesn't need CC but does need WA, AMB, LN and GEN.

Twin Towns by @jillbg is like that too. I've enjoyed playing in it.

EDIT: I mean City and Rural. Not with a single road between the two.
  • gardenGothicgardenGothic Posts: 100 Member
    @Karritz oh wow it is such a gorgeous town, thanks for the recommendation!! :D
    Call me Booky!! (they/them)
    Simming Blog: Booky Loves Shiny Things!
    sZNqePM9W6d2Lrm5UpJhHbd9MGqZ5hV2_cX6GZcOXWSbJHRg4SdIhOUXKQtL7PZ6Ux3SEpde2Hd3nhoG7WMRhsE2ti9MIo_qvA3-U8EEgZ5xuacGIjvitbk-ZP5AbDcaMWSoJkL6Eo6xWUfis5ccJS0pYposlsk_vCsFGB-IkMp5jg-Pezqen7W-3DYFGNp1t_9XUjd4_ccSlcDwCGUfiQzNwBaSJm0yPLbiq3pRD6craNK8RUr8EGqaH7bxOGDTCzYZrTJ_SDkk9sgQXK-gFIz8qrIrZhZskNOYSOZBsMkYbiW0CjOevWYW9o1sTsomFi3p11msV69ZRU1sAX1VeG6wJ_6LjOSTZwGmQjMEyIn_LPYTq6GX1nu87u3N_f4cd13H6qq5QAJh3bu16HizzG3V6gtmW32T4h0oBgY3KEWxUe309HdhSgFaF5v_xoQmGgB4llydstDuPpQI456b3vaJDQP1K-h_hscQBwqRaJgLOLmiWaKKLh-_gz5XwTXaGKiDDwq3mpPv4qLQYg6mC6vLtpbmmpPby_uF_aKVy_B1xNbxODNJaov-uIH50hKqI4FaXffJBO2VoDIvockXJ7HsqkZUokCJVFSm6-YgFiPTlNMER1uzh6TbQhufl_rT-16XpKFiF_E4VYx3tmnpWaB9=w628-h224-no
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    That sounds like Wilderness... I think there are many worlds created with rural areas. Some aren't so big and some are just amazing.

*Warning: Trying to many Creator Made Sims 3 world can be addictive and make you keep looking for the impossible Perfect World. :cookie:
    **Also when making them. :lol:
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Thanks for recommending Twin Towns, @Karritz :D
    NymlADp.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top