Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Receiving Notifications & Getting Sad Moodlet When NPC Sims Die??

Are our Sims supposed to receive notifications & get a notification when a Sim dies? I saw in the patch notes about roommates getting sad moodlets & if the pet rodent dies, but nothing about regular NPC's. My Sims ex-husband (who lives in another household) died & I received a notification & my Sim got hit with a 2 Day Sad moodlet. I was OK with her getting the moodlet as they were friends. But her new husband got the same 2 day sad moodlet & he barely knew the guy.

I like it that our Sims are receiving death news and reacting to it for friends or family members not in the household....but I wasn't expecting Sims with acquaintance relationships to react. Is this happening in anyone else's game? Or did I miss something in the patch notes?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have a feeling that this will be something that they will need to tweak a bit.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yes, yes! We're heading in the right direction here! Now, if we can just get them when they are about to die....especially relatives.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yes, yes! We're heading in the right direction here! Now, if we can just get them when they are about to die....especially relatives.

I agree, it’s very much a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I wonder what kind of moodlet they would get if they knew their enemy died?
  • Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I noticed that happening to me last night when I was Simming. My Sim made some relationship progress with an elder neighbor. Then suddenly in the middle of the night she got a phone call stating that Sim died and on came the sad moodlet. :o I also noticed that if a Sim becomes less of acquaintances with another Sim, they disappear from the relationships panel and would have to meet them again if I wanted them to become friends. But any with just a little green stayed.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    My sim has been getting constantly sad because of this - it is annoying at this point
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @x_Always_Heart_x & @Finbar659 - yeah I just had it happen twice....one with an acquaintance & one with an enemy. I think it's a bug.
    I'm going to post it in the Help/Bugs section. I actually don't mind it happening for friends and family members....but just any random person your Sim barely knows or even worse an enemy is just too much! I don't use the UI Cheats Mod....but I feel like I'm going to need to get it to delete that moodlet.
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    It would be so cool if they brought back inheritance after a family member that they were close to died