Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIXED-Origin Help-Folder Does Not Exist

Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
Somehow, it fixed itself
Hello, so I had the problem where Origin would have a blank screen (this has happened to me many times because origin update didn't download correctly because of my ultra slow internet in the morning) and reinstalled. I opened Origin and everything was working fine except for the fact that when I try to update Sims 4, I get this message
Xm5zKjT.png
The folder does indeed exist and was working fine until I reinstalled Origin.
If someone could explain why that happened anyway, just in case that happens again.
Thank you.
3ZWheQM.gif
Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
Post edited by Sonata13Singer on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello
    I will post here what helped Tiki5872 who had this issue.

Tiki5872 wrote: »
    I was finally able to get it fixed, thanks to help from Crinrict over on Twitter. When the message of "folder does not exist" pops up, I clicked on choose new folder. I basically chose the same path C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 After that I closed Origin and re-opened and was able to update the game. I opened it up to make sure it took, and the new glass roofs are there! I guess for some of us Origin went a little wonky with the last update! Hope this can help out a fellow simmer!!

• Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    I will post here what helped Tiki5872 who had this issue.

Tiki5872 wrote: »
    I was finally able to get it fixed, thanks to help from Crinrict over on Twitter. When the message of "folder does not exist" pops up, I clicked on choose new folder. I basically chose the same path C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 After that I closed Origin and re-opened and was able to update the game. I opened it up to make sure it took, and the new glass roofs are there! I guess for some of us Origin went a little wonky with the last update! Hope this can help out a fellow simmer!!

Thanks @rosemow.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    I had this issue as well however when I followed the instructions above and loaded my game I got an error message saying something about my expansion files being missing. I closed my game again and then did a repair in origin, once that finished I reloaded my game and all seems to be well.
    All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
    fN2f7ds.png
    edited June 2018
    TayoChan wrote: »
    I had this issue as well however when I followed the instructions above and loaded my game I got an error message saying something about my expansion files being missing. I closed my game again and then did a repair in origin, once that finished I reloaded my game and all seems to be well.

It is good that the issue is now fixed in your game.
  • Sandyarmpits12Sandyarmpits12 Posts: 4 New Member
    Changing the path like that changes the path for all games installed through Origin, so this isn't the greatest fix. I'm no tech wizard, but I clicked around a little and it seems like the read-only nature of the Origin Games folder on my computer was not playing nice with Origin...
    (I found that the issue resolved when I changed the path, went to installations and saves under the application settings and hit restore default for the install directory. Then I hit refresh game library and was able to install the update. However, I just grabbed Jungle Adventures and Seasons, and went to install Jungle Adventures and had the same problem. My fix worked the same as before though, but I shouldn't have to do it more than once, you know? It seems like they need to update the Origin client itself...)
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Yeah not the best thing to see when you start your computer to install Seasons, lol.
  • tmelanstmelans Posts: 2 New Member
    yes, I was all excited to play this morning and now I am still working on it and it's almost 5 hours later. I submitted an email to Tom and set up someone to call me but it said stay put and someone will call you but after 2.5 hours I closed my whole computer down and started again. Now I don't even get the update message....... so frustrating.
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited June 2018
    Update: I switched to offline mode, and then back online, which seems to have done the trick! My game is now updating :smiley:

I'm having the same problem. I've already tried clearing caches, I've reinstalled Origin, tried restore default for the install directory... Yet it still gives me the same message. I've checked and I did see that the default folder was suddenly changed to a read-only folder? So I unchecked "read-only". Now it seems like it keeps changing back to read-only automatically, so I'm still not able to update and/or install Seasons.

I was so excited to install Seasons and play, but I just can't get my game to work :( Does anyone know what else I could try?
    Post edited by pxelskies on
    Update: I switched to offline mode, and then back online, which seems to have done the trick! My game is now updating :smiley:

I'm having the same problem. I've already tried clearing caches, I've reinstalled Origin, tried restore default for the install directory... Yet it still gives me the same message. I've checked and I did see that the default folder was suddenly changed to a read-only folder? So I unchecked "read-only". Now it seems like it keeps changing back to read-only automatically, so I'm still not able to update and/or install Seasons.

I was so excited to install Seasons and play, but I just can't get my game to work :( Does anyone know what else I could try?

It is good that the game is updating now :) Happy Seasons simming!