Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• Options
    hallowhallow Posts: 58 Member
    TastyO818 wrote: »
    When you have Seasons will that Skating-Field appear in Willow Creek

I believe the livestream said that the skating rink will appear in the neighborhood your sims are in.
    I literally don't have a single household without some sort of pet help me
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    For those that have 21st: it's because the EP is released in a region close to you at midnight that you're included in as well. So if you live in the UK you get it at 11 pm 21st June because central Europe gets it at midnight. If you're in the US I think those in the PST time zone actually get it at 9 pm because it's released midnight EST (unless this is the other way around but I don't think so). If you're in NZ you get it at 2 am I think, because that's midnight in Sidney. And so on :)

Ohhh that makes sense. That didn't click with me.
  • Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    > @Yardenro said:
    > im so friggin excited! seriously! i dont think ive been this excited for a sims4 pack. not even pets (which ended up disaapointing me) BUT this looks GREAT from the get go!
    > just amazing! good job sims team.

How did Cats and Dogs disappoint you? I think it's amazing and I'm curious as to why you thought it was a lesser pack. :blush:
  • Options
    > @LuckySimmer10 said:
    > > @Yardenro said:
    > > im so friggin excited! seriously! i dont think ive been this excited for a sims4 pack. not even pets (which ended up disaapointing me) BUT this looks GREAT from the get go!
    > > just amazing! good job sims team.
    >
    > How did Cats and Dogs disappoint you? I think it's amazing and I'm curious as to why you thought it was a lesser pack. :blush:

Sorry, I didn't mean to put that :blush: I thought it would actually do the little smiley emoji, like it was supposed to, lol.
  • Options
    > @LuckySimmer10 said:
    > > @Yardenro said:
    > > im so friggin excited! seriously! i dont think ive been this excited for a sims4 pack. not even pets (which ended up disaapointing me) BUT this looks GREAT from the get go!
    > > just amazing! good job sims team.
    >
    > How did Cats and Dogs disappoint you? I think it's amazing and I'm curious as to why you thought it was a lesser pack. :blush:

Sorry, I didn't mean to put that :blush: I thought it would actually do the little smiley emoji, like it was supposed to, lol.

There is an option at the top of the text box where you can choose emojis, if that helps at all.
  • Options
    > @hallow said:
    > LuckySimmer10 wrote: »
    >
    > > @LuckySimmer10 said:
    > > > @Yardenro said:
    > > > im so friggin excited! seriously! i dont think ive been this excited for a sims4 pack. not even pets (which ended up disaapointing me) BUT this looks GREAT from the get go!
    > > > just amazing! good job sims team.
    > >
    > > How did Cats and Dogs disappoint you? I think it's amazing and I'm curious as to why you thought it was a lesser pack. :blush:
    >
    > Sorry, I didn't mean to put that :blush: I thought it would actually do the little smiley emoji, like it was supposed to, lol.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There is an option at the top of the text box where you can choose emojis, if that helps at all.

Oh okay. Of course, it shows the emoji on your reply, but not in my original text.
  • Options
    FellaITFellaIT Posts: 16 Member
    Heck yes! I've been waiting for so long for seasons and now it's finally here!
  • Options
    I just realized, I really wish that the EP added more pet clothes, so when it's winter cats like Sphinx cats can wear sweaters so they're not cold.
  • Options
    LiesSim wrote: »
    Oh dear, just tested the fireplace because I read some simmers were experiencing issues. It's not working here either, hopefully it gets repaired once the EP is added :(

That's pretty bad, especially considering the fact that Father Winter can enter through the fireplace. Hopefully the fireplace glitch is only temporary. Perhaps the fireplace issues are because of some sort of code conflicts with Seasons and the base game?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    With no working fireplaces, you have to add a thermostat or your little simmies will freeze.
  • Options
    jen1024jen1024 Posts: 18 Member
    getting EXCITED THE COUNDOWN IS SO REAL.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    With no working fireplaces, you have to add a thermostat or your little simmies will freeze.

Oh no! D:

I'm sure some simmers want that to happen
  • Options
    Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    Special season events ? Does anyone have any info ?
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg
  • Options
    Hello_Katie7Hello_Katie7 Posts: 34 Member
    I'm so excited!!

Me tooo!! not long to go now! :smiley:
  • Options
    gemmini13gemmini13 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @hallow said:
    > > @gemmini13 said:
    > > So my Origin account is saying Seasons will be unlocked on the 21st June (UK), anyone else having this? Don't want to get my hopes up!
    >
    > It might be the 21st for you, but the simmers in the US, such as myself, get it the day after. :/

Ah that sucks! I'm curious to see if I get it at midnight UK time today or whether I will have to wait until tomorrow at midnight :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    gemmini13gemmini13 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @DLatrice said:
    > I was coming to say I saw this when I logged into origin on my phone but on my computer, it still says the 22nd

How strange! On my laptop and phone it says the 21st!
  • Options
    WeezysSimsWeezysSims Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > With no working fireplaces, you have to add a thermostat or your little simmies will freeze.

question how did you change your profile pic?
  • Options
    > @LiesSim said:
    > Oh dear, just tested the fireplace because I read some simmers were experiencing issues. It's not working here either, hopefully it gets repaired once the EP is added :(

Yeah, pretty disapointing ;c
  • Options
    > @TastyO818 said:
    > When you have Seasons will that Skating-Field appear in Willow Creek

the iceskating rink will appear in all neighbor hoods :blush:
  • Options
    > @hallow said:
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > With no working fireplaces, you have to add a thermostat or your little simmies will freeze.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh no! D:
    >
    > I'm sure some simmers want that to happen

lol like deligracy wants her sims to die
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member

I am a little confused here as I have spent ages in game getting my Sims to upgrade their fireplaces for seasons so will this not work for some reason? and I will still have to use a thermostat? Until now I had not heard of this before despite sitting through 2 + hours of the live stream-)
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

I am a little confused here as I have spent ages in game getting my Sims to upgrade their fireplaces for seasons so will this not work for some reason? and I will still have to use a thermostat? Until now I had not heard of this before despite sitting through 2 + hours of the live stream-)

It's just a bug that came with the latest update, hopefully it'll be fixed for Seasons. It wasn't planned to force us to use the thermostat.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @MissNightOwl

okay thanks for the clarification I wasn't suggesting it may have been done on purpose I was worrying because I was thinking I was doing something wrong :)
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2018
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

I read in another thread that having Seasons fixes the fireplace issue.
    They still need to fix it for those that won't be getting it right away.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    cesaremsilvacesaremsilva Posts: 4 New Member
    Does anyone know what time is the game coming out in the UK? In my Origin it says 21st June... :'(