Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm scared of moving out my sim

Do I get anything out of moving out my adult sim?
I prefer Shade than Shady

Comments

• BlueWizardRobBlueWizardRob Posts: 102 Member
    If you retire them you get an heirloom which will give you a trait bonus your future sims can use. Retired sims will hang around your house for a few days and give you some mentoring events and then will move out on their own.
    If you just move them out without retiring them you get nothing.
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    Okie thanks
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited April 2018
    What do you mean by moving out? Let me just give three versions:
    1. If you want to move out an unplayable adult or elder sim out, you will see them again. However, you won't be able to add them to your household again. They don't leave you anything. They will age automatically and will eventually disappear on their own.
    2. If you get a request from other player to move out a playable sim, the sim will move out from your household to their's. The moving sim will leave you a heirloom before leaving. They will keep the clothing they wear, but with stories it may depend.
    3. If you retire a sim, they'll leave you a heirloom and become an elder. They will stay in your household and you can do mentoring events. You can move them out and they will appear in the town before 5 days pass. When 5 days pass, elders moved out will disappear and the elders in the household will have a birthday cake on them. By clicking on it, the elder says that they're ready to move out, to make the good use of the heirloom they left and Goodbye! button. After clicking the button, the elder will disappear. Any stories with the elder will disappear.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Comment number 2018!
  • Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    You can move someone else's sim into your house?
  • srainley23srainley23 Posts: 2 New Member
    How do I move out a sim that I’m not playing?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    srainley23 wrote: »
    How do I move out a sim that I’m not playing?

If you can get another player to take your sim in their game, that sim will remain on the family tree

If you just want to move them out, click on the family portrait , click on the sim you want to leave your house and choose move out. They won't stay on your family tree this way
  • ClsimsClsims Posts: 3 New Member
    I try to click on my family portrait to move a Sim out but it doesn't give me any options. How do i move my Sim out without retiring? If that is possible...
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    Clsims wrote: »
    I try to click on my family portrait to move a Sim out but it doesn't give me any options. How do i move my Sim out without retiring? If that is possible...

You can't move out your playable sim
    edited June 2018
    Clsims wrote: »

You would have to find another player willing to take your sim into their game by marrying your sim if the sim is taking up a sim slot and playable. They have marriage thread here in the social corner . There is also a thread for marriage requests in the origin forum at Answers HQ

You will only get a move out option if your sim is retired or you had a sim child that aged into adult and that adult is not occupying an active sim slot in your game

You also have the option to take your current active sim in CAS and completely change them if you don't like the look of your sim or want to change them from male to female or visa versa
    @CLsims I see you have posted the same question a few times in different thread. Please see post above this post which answers your question about the family portrait and moving out