Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    edited June 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #97 A Garden for Daisy

FORUM ID: SimsIslandheart
    ORIGIN ID: SimsIslandheart
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: Bai and Daisy Lee
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS97 - A Garden for Daisy (Household)
    ENTRY DETAILS: Death doesn't part these soulmates, and to show his love after her unfortunate passing, Bai has donated the funds to create a local community park full of flowers in her honor. Daisy loves roaming her restful new home while she waits...

Bai is an Elder with average skills and a dedicated devotion to his deceased wife. He gladly spends hours in the park with her, gazing at clouds, playing games, cleaning up after children, and sharing quiet moments together.

Daisy is as happy and friendly as she was in life, and she loves spending time with the memorial centerpiece in the park, including possessing it. (She also has a penchant for possessing the wastebaskets in the bathroom, strangely enough.) Because of her positive mood and uplifting presence, she spends a lot of time colored green or pink, which goes well with the flowers in the park, especially the daisies planted just for her behind the memorial bench.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC (MOO and in-game resizing used)
    TWITTER TAG: @IslandheartArt
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: @IslandheartStudio
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    baianddaisybanner.png
    baidaisy01.png

Post edited by SimsIslandheart on
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    FORUM ID: Kojik
    ORIGIN ID: K0J1K
    LOT: Daisy's Garden
    LOT COST: 0$
    LOT NAME: Crick Cabana
    BUILD COST: $11.978
    TOTAL COST: $11.978
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/BULcYnK
    ENTRY DETAILS: A Victorian inspired memorial garden for the community
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, pls
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NOCC, MOO.
    TWITTER TAG: TheSimsDesigns
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

dMxEhoE.png
    gDKPAkB.png

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I am loving all the gardens <3 they are all so creative & very different,no two are alike, I like that, I pity the Judges, I could not do their job,to hard!
    ~ I am also loving all the Mr & Mrs Lee's,they are all amazing! o:)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Cebu2cool - Quote "Well I gave up trying to remake it in Newcrest. Also I still wanted the vibe of ruins that my first lot had. So like Trashdocka I chose Ancient ruins. Downside is I can't figure how to change the lot to Park (game says no can do)"

I think I know what you are trying to do. When you are on your lot, go to build mode, and where you would normally choose the lot traits, that is where you can change the lot designation. So, choose park or generic (which has no requirements), and then just change the name of your lot and save that. Don't overwrite, just do a save as with another name. So, then you should have 2 saves. One is the original save, and the second is the one that you changed to park or generic. I hope that answered your question. Maybe that will work.
  • jacallonjacallon Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2018
    FORUM ID: jacallon
    ORIGIN ID: jacallon
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    Lot: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D266C3B172FA11E88921305B210073F5
    LOT: Comfy Cubby
    LOT COST: 1500 (Donated by Mr Lee)
    LOT NAME: Daisy Lee Memorial Park
    BUILD COST: $9,994
    TOTAL COST: $11,494
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: jaxsimschallenges.wordpress.com/2018/06/19/a-garden-for-daisy/
    ENTRY DETAILS: D is for Daisy is the theme for my garden
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: facebook.com/jacqui.callonbruton
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Post edited by jacallon on
    > @jacallon said:
    > CHALLENGE #97 A Garden for Daisy
    > Sorry just realized the link for the gallery disappeared :(

Here it is ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D266C3B172FA11E88921305B210073F5?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=jacallon&max=50&maxis=false
    edited June 2018
    FORUM ID:jacallon
    ORIGIN ID:jacallon
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D452928673BC11E8848F07DC98E0F692
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (jaxsimschallenges.wordpress.com/2018/06/19/a-garden-for-daisy/
    ENTRY DETAILS: Chen spends many days at the park, remembering his dearly departed wife and admiring the gardens built in her honour.
    They were childhood sweethearts born in China and they moved to Newcrest shortly after being married. Sadly, Daisy was never able to have children so she devoted all her time to her darling husband Chen, and her flower gardens. They kept her very happy until the ill fated day of her departing this world.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Anto_S4Hair_Carmin.package
    [BB][Male]FeetDefault.package
    S-Club LL ts4 Blush 01.package
    [BB]Skintones.package
    [BB][Male]Top.package
    [BB][Female]FeetDefault.package
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    i.imgur.com/6a5JZY1.png
    edited June 2018
    > @KojiK said:
    > FORUM ID: Kojik
    > ORIGIN ID: K0J1K
    > LEVEL: Established
    > LOT: Daisy's Garden
    > LOT COST: 0$
    > LOT NAME: Crick Cabana
    > BUILD COST: $11.978
    > TOTAL COST: $11.978
    > LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/BULcYnK
    > ENTRY DETAILS: A Victorian inspired memorial garden for the community
    > CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, pls
    > CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NOCC, MOO.
    > TWITTER TAG: TheSimsDesigns
    > SPACE FOR PICTURES:

I love your garden. It's beautiful :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    jacallon wrote: »
    FORUM ID:jacallon
    ORIGIN ID:jacallon
    HOUSEHOLD: ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=jacallon&max=50&maxis=false (they have cc) **search the gallery using "Advanced" with "Include Custom Content" checked
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://jaxsimschallenges.wordpress.com/2018/06/19/a-garden-for-daisy/
    ENTRY DETAILS: Chen spends many days at the park, remembering his dearly departed wife and admiring the gardens built in her honour.
    They were childhood sweethearts born in China and they moved to Newcrest shortly after being married. Sadly, Daisy was never able to have children so she devoted all her time to her darling husband Chen, and her flower gardens. They kept her very happy until the ill fated day of her departing this world.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Anto_S4Hair_Carmin.package
    [BB][Male]FeetDefault.package
    S-Club LL ts4 Blush 01.package
    [BB]Skintones.package
    [BB][Male]Top.package
    [BB][Female]FeetDefault.package
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    6a5JZY1.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    @jacallon A link to your lot is required for judging. Please add a link to your original post. Let us know if you need any help :)
    jacallon wrote: »
    FORUM ID: jacallon
    ORIGIN ID: jacallon
    LOT: Comfy Cubby
    LOT COST: 1500 (Donated by Mr Lee)
    LOT NAME: Daisy Lee Memorial Park
    BUILD COST: $9,994
    TOTAL COST: $11,494
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://jaxsimschallenges.wordpress.com/2018/06/19/a-garden-for-daisy/
    ENTRY DETAILS: D is for Daisy is the theme for my garden
    TWITTER TAG:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

GArBA5W.jpg
    Hi @aussiekarima Could you also include a link to your imgur gallery where the pictures are stored in still form? The judges like to be able to pause and zoom in to see details as needed. Let us know if you have any questions or need help :)
    FORUM ID: aussiekarima
    ORIGIN ID: aussiekarima
    LOT:https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DFDB08A0736611E88163305B210073F5?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=aussiekarima&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:N/A
    LOT NAME: (Which lot you built on) How do I find that as I re-named it ♥Daisy's Heaven♥? The Lot is a 15x20 in Newcrest! if that helps! ;)
    BUILD COST: $11,313
    TOTAL COST:$11,313
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    YmHpffZ.gif
    ~ In the slideshow picture the picnic table was swapped for a cheaper one, & the guitar was deleted because of budget, I was over budget!LOL! ;) I have taken a new overview picture,below in my two pictures,Sorry for that!

GArBA5W.jpg
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > @jacallon A link to your lot is required for judging. Please add a link to your original post. Let us know if you need any help :)
    > jacallon wrote: »
    >
    > FORUM ID: jacallon
    > ORIGIN ID: jacallon
    > LEVEL: Starting Out
    > LOT: Comfy Cubby
    > LOT COST: 1500 (Donated by Mr Lee)
    > LOT NAME: Daisy Lee Memorial Park
    > BUILD COST: $9,994
    > TOTAL COST: $11,494
    > LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: jaxsimschallenges.wordpress.com/2018/06/19/a-garden-for-daisy/
    > ENTRY DETAILS: D is for Daisy is the theme for my garden
    > CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    > CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NOCC, MOO.
    > TWITTER TAG:
    > FACEBOOK PROFILE: facebook.com/jacqui.callonbruton
    > SPACE FOR PICTURES:

I know but it disappeared. I posted it separately in a post straight after this one. Sorry...I must've accidentally deleted it when I was deleting something else. I can't edit my original post for some reason...can't add pictures either :(
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > jacallon wrote: »
    >
    >
    > HOUSEHOLD: ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=jacallon&max=50&maxis=false (they have cc) **search the gallery using "Advanced" with "Include Custom Content" checked
    >

I can only do that in game....when I go to the gallery in my browser that option doesn't come up. It frustrates me.
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

YAY @jacallon ! Congrats on becoming member! Now you can edit, post links... :smiley:
    edited June 2018
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    YAY @jacallon ! Congrats on becoming member! Now you can edit, post links... :smiley:

OMG! YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY! Finally!! Thanks :smiley: Now to work out how to post pictures into my posts and I'll be a very happy camper. Sorry...this must be a pain for the judges with newbies like me LOL
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

LOL
    Happy dance! :smiley:
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    edited June 2018
    FORUM ID / ORIGIN ID: Kilra0
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Lee's Lagoon
    LOT COST: 11977
    LOT NAME: Raffia Quinta (Oasis Springs)
    BUILD COST: donated
    TOTAL COST: -
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/aMnDao4
    ENTRY DETAILS: After Mr. Lee told me he lives in Oasis Springs I had to skip my plan of a lush green garden. He showed me an old mining lot which was totally wasted and the entrance to the mine was closed. "This is the lot. I want you to make it an inviting place again and a place for me to remember her." he said. Well lots of dust and dead earth, I can tell you! Me and my team explored the mine and you will not believe what we found. We had much work to do. Come and see yourself how it turned out.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: no, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: nocc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    k3Ws9WE.png
    z5jsnSZ.png
    Post edited by kilra0 on
    edited June 2018
    @aussiekarima -Hi!! And welcome to BuildnShare!! While your videos are really awesome, a lovely digital tour of your park and of your Sims. We request pictures because they are a lot easier to use for judging. Please upload photos to your choice of website, this time and in the future. We cannot currently judge your build without them.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: maryjane2joe
    ORIGIN ID: 88th-BombGeek
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5BD40A6073F211E88FBD795C695F0B73?fb_action_ids=2066646810322847&amp;fb_action_types=simsfour:share?fb_action_ids=2066646810322847&amp;fb_action_types=simsfour:share
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Oasis Springs - Agave Abode (Garden of Serenity)
    BUILD COST: n/a
    TOTAL COST: 11,997
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/hoOuJpH
    ENTRY DETAILS: I built a peaceful walking park for his memorial as well as others.. 'Garden of Serenity' ..so that visitors can enjoy the gardens and water fountains while collecting their utmost private and emotional thoughts. A park with shady seating beautiful atmosphere and.. to last forever and always such as.. in the memory of a loved one past.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a
    TWITTER TAG: n/a
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/gypsyrosemoonshadow
    TUMBLR LINK: n/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

524Jdbd.jpg

Bv5NsyM.jpg
    285JXDb.jpg
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: SimsIslandheart
    ORIGIN ID: SimsIslandheart
    LOT: Streamlet Single (Willow Creek)
    LOT COST: -DONATED-
    LOT NAME: Daisy's Rest Park
    BUILD COST: $11,954
    TOTAL COST: $11,954
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS97 - A Garden for Daisy (Lot)
    ENTRY DETAILS: Daisy’s Rest Park is a public park in the town of Willow Creek (on the site of the former Streamlet Single), created through the generous donation by widower Bai Lee in memory of his wife, Daisy. Daisy’s passion for gardening and flowers has been brought over into both her memorial square and the park at large, providing lovely green cover and bright pops of color for the community to enjoy.

This is best situated in place of the Streamlet Single in Willow Creek, but it will likely work in many 20×15 lots. Just remember – many of these trees and flowers are not comfortable in extreme environments!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC (MOO and in-game resizing used)
    TWITTER TAG: @IslandheartArt
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: @IslandheartStudio
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    daisysrestparkbanner.png
    garden04.png
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    Hi @aussiekarima Could you also include a link to your imgur gallery where the pictures are stored in still form? The judges like to be able to pause and zoom in to see details as needed. Let us know if you have any questions or need help :)
    FORUM ID: aussiekarima
    ORIGIN ID: aussiekarima
    LOT:https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DFDB08A0736611E88163305B210073F5?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=aussiekarima&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:N/A
    LOT NAME: (Which lot you built on) How do I find that as I re-named it ♥Daisy's Heaven♥? The Lot is a 15x20 in Newcrest! if that helps! ;)
    BUILD COST: $11,313
    TOTAL COST:$11,313
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    YmHpffZ.gif
    ~ In the slideshow picture the picnic table was swapped for a cheaper one, & the guitar was deleted because of budget, I was over budget!LOL! ;) I have taken a new overview picture,below in my two pictures,Sorry for that!

~ OK, I fixed it! If it is wrong please let me know! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member

Remember the Mar's WE NEED MORE SPACE contest? Well I have a dome now and I'm going to try to use it. :D

bUbmvpO.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    So... I wasn't getting any ideas for this challenge and wasn't going to enter. Then glass roof hype and I got an idea! Yay! And then I have put in two elements and are already at the budget... bahahaha!

Sorry guys I am following the roof hype on this one! :joy: teeehee
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Ninnster wrote: »
    So... I wasn't getting any ideas for this challenge and wasn't going to enter. Then glass roof hype and I got an idea! Yay! And then I have put in two elements and are already at the budget... bahahaha!

Sorry guys I am following the roof hype on this one! :joy: teeehee

Ha ha, I hear you. I thought about redoing the bathroom on mine after the patch came out, but...I was like, "Nah, I spent way too long figuring out a design I liked in budget as it is. XD"

I'll tell you, though - making it a game-acceptable "Park" lot goes a long way to eating up a design budget; by the time you have a toilet, sink (or two), two benches, chess table, patio table, four patio chairs, playground equipment...it's a good thing a lot of plants are cheap, is all I can say. XD
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    If we were supppsed to be venue compliant to park, then I failed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top