Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New computer.

My new computer comes with a gtx 1080 8gb graphic card. I couldn't afford to upgrade the spec anymore. Would this graphic card work good with the sims? My old computer had an AMD 480 graphic card and I was able to play the game on high.

My new computer:
i7 8086K 4.00gh
Geforce 1080 8gb GDDR5X
32GB DD4 3000mhz ram
Asusa prime Z370 motherboard
1tb ssd
6tb sata hard drive combo

I notice a lot of people have the gtx 1080ti not the 1080; so, my question is my gtx 1080 good enough?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It's overkill for Sims 4. You're fine! Are you doing other things that do benefit from a 1080 and 32GB RAM?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    That should be enough I have GTX 660 and its on the line, the ti is just two videos processors on one card to mimic two video cards some computers that don't have SLI or Crossfire compatibility, and the ti series tend not to work well in the simulation games. Those are more for the first player shoot them up games, where higher GFR(graphic Frame rate) can mean life or death success or failure.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2018
    rtucker wrote: »
    My new computer comes with a gtx 1080 8gb graphic card. I couldn't afford to upgrade the spec anymore. Would this graphic card work good with the sims? My old computer had an AMD 480 graphic card and I was able to play the game on high.

My new computer:
    i7 8086K 4.00gh
    Geforce 1080 8gb GDDR5X
    32GB DD4 3000mhz ram
    Asusa prime Z370 motherboard
    1tb ssd
    6tb sata hard drive combo

I notice a lot of people have the gtx 1080ti not the 1080; so, my question is my gtx 1080 good enough?

You have an nice setup and as luthienrising posted if anything it is overkill which is not an bad thing for you more than likely you can play anything that is thrown at it. As far as the 1080 vs 1080 Ti goes I would not worry about that too much for I say it is not at the point where the performance is like 10% more than the vanilla and you still can play the games, Ti are like cards on nitrogen but you may not necessarily need to upgrade to that card. If anything wait for the newer cards which will be showing up soon from Nvidia. I see no point spending close to $800 or more for an Ti, also with the Bitcoin mining it driving the cards prices up.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • rtuckerrtucker Posts: 199 Member
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. so thanks. I spent a lot of money on this machine and really don't have anymore money for upgrade right now. I plan on having this computer last for while anyway. so thanks. Yes I will be using it for 3d rendering with daz 3d studio.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    The Ti in Nividia is just two versions of the same 1080 card stacked on top of each other, but that is all that is.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    The Ti in Nividia is just two versions of the same 1080 card stacked on top of each other, but that is all that is.

That is one reason I am not investing in it because the boost is not enough for me to say wow. Also, no matter what you want the prices are still high even if it is dropping a little. another thing Nvidia is about to announce the new cards soon anyway.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen