Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

At what time will Seasons be released?

Comments

• sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    @SimGuruNick Will New Zealand release same time as Aussie, so would that mean we get it 10pm 21 June? That is two hours before our Midnight but 10pm is the same as their midnight. We are 2 hours before Sydney

That is correct. It's only midnight at AEST for that region. So if midnight AEST = 10pm your local time, then yeah, it should be out then :)

Yay thank you for confirming this, it makes life much easier!
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    @SimGuruNick So what about China? We should fall into Russian release but when purchasing a pack we always fall into European prices (because Origin does not support China anymore) so I’m not sure.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Aaaahhhhh soooo happy now!! This means I will get a whole day of “Muuuuuuumm”-free play time, as my kids will be at school!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    edited June 2018
    joleaco wrote: »
    Aaaahhhhh soooo happy now!! This means I will get a whole day of “Muuuuuuumm”-free play time, as my kids will be at school!

Yusssssss. My little bratlets will be at school too so I'll be simming it up all day!

(Even though I'm supposed to be studying... shhhhhhh!)
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    Yesss! I'm that much more excited now!! My partner and I had planned to have an all-nighter if it was a midnight release, then I was disappointed thinking I wouldn't get it til late the next day. Now we can! Sounds super nerdy lmao. Can't wait though :)!
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Thanks to @SimGuruNick for jumping in and clarifying. :smile:

With that said, folks let's keep it respectful and be mindful of how our posts may come across to other Simmers, and if you have issues with posts use the reporting tool instead of making a post about it. Thanks!
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    Hurray!!! I don't need to move my day off!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    sunspriter wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I think if they don’t release worldwide (it should be midnight 22 everywhere) then stop saying it’s released on the 22nd, kids especially get excited and then it’s so hard to clarify when it actually comes out. It’s not released on the 22nd in Australia so please stop saying it gurus. We don’t all live in America omg it’s so infuriating to assume we do -_-

Edited for language. - EA_Cian

They are not lying to anyone, they are correctly stating the US release day. I don't think it would look very good if their trailers end with

"Available June 22nd
    Unless you live in z, y, z, a, b, f, g, h, j
    Where it releases at respectively ..............
    But June 22nd"

People have to stop getting upset and angry over very normal things. Research what time THEY have actually said it releases, then check what that means for your time zone. Or learn that release schedules change. Don't go around insulting people for not actually doing anything wrong.

We would ALL prefer a midnight release, trust me. But this is life. It doesn't always go exactly the way you'd like. And quite honestly, patience is not a bad thing for "kids" to learn.

You don't actually have to be rude about it. We have a difference of opinion, I think it's frankly ridiculous the way they handled it, and you think it's fine. I don't think they need to say that in trailers either, just make a note of the difference occasionally via a livestream/twitter etc. Its particularly annoying to be told to do the research yourself, constantly, when Americans literally never have to (with anything). Though I wouldnt even mind having to look it up if the info was correct.
    And I think they absolutely HAVE done something wrong, so I'm entitled to my opinion, though I apologise for the language used I didn't realise I couldn't use symbols, but my sentiment remains exactly the same and is perfectly valid. I'm spending so much on this game, I can be frustrated when they mess up in MY opinion.

ps, patience is fine, having to explain to kids, yes KIDS not "kids" thanks, that I can't tell them when the release is because no one will give the correct info, so they can't all plan when to play together/organise all of that, is frustrating. As an adult its frustrating let alone explaining to children. And 'quite honestly', I don't appreciate your response.

I felt your post was rude too ;)

But since it's cleared up, let's just leave it at that.
  • KayosCatalystKayosCatalyst Posts: 313 Member
    ugh that makes it 6pm pt, its a Friday so I won't be home gahh. I'll have to convince my boyfriend to let me play it at his.
  • misspukekomisspukeko Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2018
    @SimGuruNick Will New Zealand release same time as Aussie, so would that mean we get it 10pm 21 June? That is two hours before our Midnight but 10pm is the same as their midnight. We are 2 hours before Sydney

@mcrudd unless I am much mistaken, midnight AEST will be 2am on the 22nd in NZ, not 10pm on the 21st. NZ is two hours ahead of AEST, it would only be 10pm if we were two hours behind, unfortunately!
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Usually around 10 aM Pacific Time isn't that the usual time.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Midnight release! *doing happy dance with arms flailing*
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    Usually around 10 aM Pacific Time isn't that the usual time.

Expansion packs are usually around midnight. Where do you live?
  • sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    I think if they don’t release worldwide (it should be midnight 22 everywhere) then stop saying it’s released on the 22nd, kids especially get excited and then it’s so hard to clarify when it actually comes out. It’s not released on the 22nd in Australia so please stop saying it gurus. We don’t all live in America omg it’s so infuriating to assume we do -_-

Edited for language. - EA_Cian

They are not lying to anyone, they are correctly stating the US release day. I don't think it would look very good if their trailers end with

"Available June 22nd
    Unless you live in z, y, z, a, b, f, g, h, j
    Where it releases at respectively ..............
    But June 22nd"

People have to stop getting upset and angry over very normal things. Research what time THEY have actually said it releases, then check what that means for your time zone. Or learn that release schedules change. Don't go around insulting people for not actually doing anything wrong.

We would ALL prefer a midnight release, trust me. But this is life. It doesn't always go exactly the way you'd like. And quite honestly, patience is not a bad thing for "kids" to learn.

You don't actually have to be rude about it. We have a difference of opinion, I think it's frankly ridiculous the way they handled it, and you think it's fine. I don't think they need to say that in trailers either, just make a note of the difference occasionally via a livestream/twitter etc. Its particularly annoying to be told to do the research yourself, constantly, when Americans literally never have to (with anything). Though I wouldnt even mind having to look it up if the info was correct.
    And I think they absolutely HAVE done something wrong, so I'm entitled to my opinion, though I apologise for the language used I didn't realise I couldn't use symbols, but my sentiment remains exactly the same and is perfectly valid. I'm spending so much on this game, I can be frustrated when they mess up in MY opinion.

ps, patience is fine, having to explain to kids, yes KIDS not "kids" thanks, that I can't tell them when the release is because no one will give the correct info, so they can't all plan when to play together/organise all of that, is frustrating. As an adult its frustrating let alone explaining to children. And 'quite honestly', I don't appreciate your response.

I felt your post was rude too ;)

But since it's cleared up, let's just leave it at that.

If I was being rude in my original post it was aimed only at the gurus in general as I was expressing frustration with their marketing, I wasn’t being rude to any individual person, honestly it’s their job they can take feedback. But you decided to be rude to me directly, for what? Leaving it is well and good but those messages were by no means equal.

Ok moving on, yay patch?! Can’t wait to check it out
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    So the first place to get it is Australia in one day and fifteen hours, 3PM UK time on Thursday. :smiley:
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I was debating going to see Taylor Swift on Friday but I think I might stay in and play Seasons. :D
  • DebraSueDebraSue Posts: 5 New Member
    Guys, just a friendly reminder: it’s just a game.
  • XxItalianPeachesxXXxItalianPeachesxX Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2018
    Can’t Wait !!!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    So the first place to get it is Australia in one day and fifteen hours, 3PM UK time on Thursday. :smiley:

Yeees 16 pm for us. Really debating on whether I should download as soon as I get home using VPN then on Thursday. Although I'll have to go see my sister first so that won't be before 9 pm. BUUUT I'm working from home Friday, so I can easily play til 1 am and still get enough sleep :naughty: Ahhh the PEPS IS KILLING me.... :D
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited June 2018
    I’ll be going out on Friday morning so I might download it before I go and then I’ll play it in the afternoon. This is a pleasant surprise. I thought it would be evening in the UK like the other games. I bet UK simmers who are off on on Friday are delighted.

*EDIT* I think it might be better to stay up to midnight and download it then instead of before going out on Friday morning.
    Post edited by IrishSimmer21 on
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2018
    misspukeko wrote: »

@mcrudd unless I am much mistaken, midnight AEST will be 2am on the 22nd in NZ, not 10pm on the 21st. NZ is two hours ahead of AEST, it would only be 10pm if we were two hours behind, unfortunately!

Oh my gosh :D that is so true. I have never been good at time zones. So its 2am for us, :p . I will grab it the next morning. I have work the next day. Thanks for that :) Happy simming :)
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2018
    Soo, what about if you buy from Amazon? Does amazon usually release it at the same time as origin? 'Cause I have reward points to spend, lol.
  • misspukekomisspukeko Posts: 23 Member

Oh my gosh :D that is so true. I have never been good at time zones. So its 2am for us, :p . I will grab it the next morning. I have work the next day. Thanks for that :) Happy simming :)

@mcrudd no worries, and same to you! Just didn't want any Kiwis to be freaking out when they couldn't download at 10pm! :)
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member

@mcrudd no worries, and same to you! Just didn't want any Kiwis to be freaking out when they couldn't download at 10pm! :)
    Hahahaha yeah, I quickly corrected it on the Aussie/Kiwi section as well ;) Thanks for the heads up :)

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    edited June 2018
    kemisz wrote: »
    With Cats and Dogs, Aussies and New Zealanders got the expansion pack at midnight their time (like my preorder date says 23rd - not 22nd) so I'm hoping it'll be that way again. Game packs and Stuff packs we have to wait for the US time zone to kick in.

How can I see my pre-order date? I checked Origin but can't find preorders there. In my EA order history I find that I bought Seasons, but no info regarding release hour or date.

EDIT: Okay, I read that release is same to all, 10 AM some US time zone, so now I know when to start my download.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg