Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• EmilieElizabethEmilieElizabeth Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16537407"][quote="EmilieElizabeth;c-16537392"]
    Hello! This is my first bug/glitch that I have not been able to fix by myself or with the help of other threads on this site, and I have had no luck fixing it.

My problem is:
    There isn't a mosaic/censor over my sims when they shower/take a bath or use the toilet. This bothers me because, for some reason, there isn't underwear or undergarments on my sims. Every skin overlay that have shows detailed parts of their bodies, and no matter what I try, I cannot get the censor to appear. I have deleted all of my custom content and am re-downloading it, as I have tried to start the game with no cc, but the problem still occurs. I have checked, and I do not own the "No Censor" mod, so I do not understand why this is happening.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you! :) [/quote]

Hello @EmilieElizabeth
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Don’t put back the mods folder.
    Start the game and see if the issue remains. Exit the game.
    Then place your mods into the new mods folder that is in the new sims 4 folder and see if the issue remains.
    [/quote]

Thank you, but it only worked before I put my mods folder back in. It was working for a few of my houses, and then it stopped working when I put the custom content back in.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello! This is my first bug/glitch that I have not been able to fix by myself or with the help of other threads on this site, and I have had no luck fixing it.

My problem is:
    There isn't a mosaic/censor over my sims when they shower/take a bath or use the toilet. This bothers me because, for some reason, there isn't underwear or undergarments on my sims. Every skin overlay that have shows detailed parts of their bodies, and no matter what I try, I cannot get the censor to appear. I have deleted all of my custom content and am re-downloading it, as I have tried to start the game with no cc, but the problem still occurs. I have checked, and I do not own the "No Censor" mod, so I do not understand why this is happening.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you! :)

Hello @EmilieElizabeth
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Don’t put back the mods folder.
    Start the game and see if the issue remains. Exit the game.
    Then place your mods into the new mods folder that is in the new sims 4 folder and see if the issue remains.

Thank you, but it only worked before I put my mods folder back in. It was working for a few of my houses, and then it stopped working when I put the custom content back in.

Hello @EmilieElizabeth
    You will need to now test to see which mods/cc are the cause of the issue.
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • mariekbrewermariekbrewer Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi all! I am having an odd issue
    [quote="rosemow;c-16540449"][quote="mariekbrewer;c-16540444"]Hi all! I am having an odd issue [/quote]

Hello @mariekbrewer
    What is the issue that you are having ? [/quote]

I typed it all out and apparently Only those 5 words posted. That’s unfortunate! Sorry! I’ll try again!

My sim is in the detective career and this is day 3. She went to work, got a case assignment and the. When she went to the crime scene, which was a job completion option in the upper left, she went to an apartment and there was nothing. She basically left work but she’s still in uniform. She can’t do any police/job options or go back to the station. The crime scene visit checked off a promotion task but there wasn’t actually a crime scene at that location.

Hello @mariekbrewer
    What is the issue that you are having ?

I typed it all out and apparently Only those 5 words posted. That’s unfortunate! Sorry! I’ll try again!

My sim is in the detective career and this is day 3. She went to work, got a case assignment and the. When she went to the crime scene, which was a job completion option in the upper left, she went to an apartment and there was nothing. She basically left work but she’s still in uniform. She can’t do any police/job options or go back to the station. The crime scene visit checked off a promotion task but there wasn’t actually a crime scene at that location.

Hello @mariekbrewer
    Try choosing the “ leave work early “ option. Then wait to see if the issue has resolved itself when your sim is next due to go to work.
    [quote="rosemow;c-16540470"][quote="mariekbrewer;c-16540456"][quote="rosemow;c-16540449"][quote="mariekbrewer;c-16540444"]Hi all! I am having an odd issue [/quote]

Hello @mariekbrewer
    What is the issue that you are having ? [/quote]

[/quote]

Hello @mariekbrewer
    Try choosing the “ leave work early “ option. Then wait to see if the issue has resolved itself when your sim is next due to go to work.[/quote]

That option doesn’t exist anywhere either. Just says “work in 18 hours” and nothing gives me job related options - I’ve just got her at home doing normal home things.

Hello @mariekbrewer
    What is the issue that you are having ?

Hello @mariekbrewer
    Try choosing the “ leave work early “ option. Then wait to see if the issue has resolved itself when your sim is next due to go to work.

That option doesn’t exist anywhere either. Just says “work in 18 hours” and nothing gives me job related options - I’ve just got her at home doing normal home things.

It may be best just to wait until the time arrives for her to go to work, then go with her to work and see if there are any issues that occur that shift.
    There was an issue at one time that simmers were finding that sometimes crime scenes were missing clues /evidence at apartments, but this was fixed with a patch.
  • OnlyBrokenWingsOnlyBrokenWings Posts: 3 New Member
    Please for the love of everything holy help me! I'm having some game issues and I don't know what to do.

Several things in my Jungle Adventure game pack are not working. I no longer have the new radio stations, I can't use the new dance that came with it and my crystals are being stolen by the mail man (they never come back refined, just disappear from my inventory) and I thought there was an option to refine them yourself with the Archaeology table, but alas that is a no go as well now.....what do I do?
    edited June 2018
    Please for the love of everything holy help me! I'm having some game issues and I don't know what to do.

Several things in my Jungle Adventure game pack are not working. I no longer have the new radio stations, I can't use the new dance that came with it and my crystals are being stolen by the mail man (they never come back refined, just disappear from my inventory) and I thought there was an option to refine them yourself with the Archaeology table, but alas that is a no go as well now.....what do I do?

Hello @OnlyBrokenWings

With the crystals your sim needs to have level 7 in the archaeology skill to refine the crystals on the table

With the new dance
    The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure adds the brand new “Rumbasim” dance. Sims with a level 4 in the Selvadoradian Culture Skill can select the interaction on a radio playing the new Latin or Latin Pop music stations.
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-jungle-adventure-guide/#Dance

Some music players don’t have the option to play the new radio stations

With the crystals not coming back refined, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
    Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

• OnlyBrokenWingsOnlyBrokenWings Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey @rosemow

Just a quick question. Do you know if there is a certain setting in the game where you can have the game itself choose whether or not a male or female sim can get pregnant or impregnate another sim? I know at the beginning of the game in CAS you can choose if a male sim can have babies/impregnate other sims and vise versa, but after that you can't change any other sims unless you create them yourself in CAS.

Thank you in advance!
    Hey @rosemow

Just a quick question. Do you know if there is a certain setting in the game where you can have the game itself choose whether or not a male or female sim can get pregnant or impregnate another sim? I know at the beginning of the game in CAS you can choose if a male sim can have babies/impregnate other sims and vise versa, but after that you can't change any other sims unless you create them yourself in CAS.

Thank you in advance!

Hello @OnlyBrokenWings
    If you go to manage households, which can be entered by pressing a symbol of two people at the top right side of the edit world screen, you can click on the household of the sim you want to change and select the pregnancy options there.
  • Aralie3209Aralie3209 Posts: 20 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm having an issue where all the NPC sims spawned to fill service roles (bartender, caterer, cafe, retail, etc, etc) are showing up in the Spa Day bathrobes. All of them. They walk around in everyday clothes normally, but when they show up to "work" they are in robes. I tried all of the usual steps: pulled mods, repair, reset, played a brand new save with no cc. Still happens. I believe it started after the Jungle Adventure patch.

Edit: Huh. Seems I'm a member now, but it won't let me start a thread. Weird.
    edited June 2018
    Aralie3209 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue where all the NPC sims spawned to fill service roles (bartender, caterer, cafe, retail, etc, etc) are showing up in the Spa Day bathrobes. All of them. They walk around in everyday clothes normally, but when they show up to "work" they are in robes. I tried all of the usual steps: pulled mods, repair, reset, played a brand new save with no cc. Still happens. I believe it started after the Jungle Adventure patch.

Edit: Huh. Seems I'm a member now, but it won't let me start a thread. Weird.

Hello
    I am not sure what may be causing this issue.
    I have been searching to see if I could find the cause of the issue but am unable to find the cause.
    You may be best to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post feedback there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Edit : I am just checking that you tested in a new save game whilst resetting the sims 4 folder.

To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Did the same occur when testing in that new save game before putting back the old folders?
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Aralie3209Aralie3209 Posts: 20 Member

Hello
    I have been searching to see if I could find the cause of the issue but am unable to find the cause.
    You may be best to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post feedback there

I've been searching too. No one else seems to have this issue. I'll try posting over there.

I'm also having the "pink bra while bathing" bug again too. It was supposed to be fixed in a patch, but it started up again around the same time.
    Aralie3209 wrote: »

Hello

I've been searching too. No one else seems to have this issue. I'll try posting over there.

I'm also having the "pink bra while bathing" bug again too. It was supposed to be fixed in a patch, but it started up again around the same time.

I just added something to the above post.

With the pink bra issue, if you have MCCC mod click on the MC Dresser Command “ clean outfit” when they are bathing and see if that helps.
  • PrincessYukinaPrincessYukina Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having an issue and it's really annoying and I've tried anything I could think of.

My sims 4 mouse keeps disappearing in one section of my screen (Lower right corner to be exact) and it reverts back to my computer mouse and whenever I click in the section my game closes/minimizes and I have to reopen it. It's really annoying when I'm trying to do anything make sims/build/ect. It's only in this one section and I can tell you right now the problem isn't Discord cause I don't use that! Any help?
    I'm having an issue and it's really annoying and I've tried anything I could think of.

My sims 4 mouse keeps disappearing in one section of my screen (Lower right corner to be exact) and it reverts back to my computer mouse and whenever I click in the section my game closes/minimizes and I have to reopen it. It's really annoying when I'm trying to do anything make sims/build/ect. It's only in this one section and I can tell you right now the problem isn't Discord cause I don't use that! Any help?

Hello @PrincessYukina
    Try unplugging the mouse, then plugging it in again and see if that helps.

Depending on what mode that you playing the game in now, try seeing if switching from that mode to either windowed, windowed full screen or full screen may help with the issue.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
  • TheLastLegTheLastLeg Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi,

Similar to this 3 year old thread https ://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/801065/collection-spawners-disappear/p2, all the spawners in my game have suddenly disappeared, everywhere except for posters and snow-globe boxes in the city neighbourhood where my current Sim is. Rock and dig and frog spawners aren't even available in the park in that neighbourhood. Collections is really half the game. Initially it started with my Sim just not being able to access spawners: the spawner would be visible, but collecting it just either dropped off her task cue or told me it was already collected. This started occurring in the science career lot, collecting rocks/crystals. I managed to fix that by turning testingcheats on and resetting the spawner. Then I started having to do this a LOT, resetting spawners on a Sim-daily basis - a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸! Then, around town (apartments), the poster spawners appeared to be always already taken/not there, and didn't appear to be changing and resetting, so I started having to reset them as well. Now, there are no spawners whatsoever in any of the neighbourhoods except for posters and snow-globe boxes in the apartment neighbourhood.

The above thread didn't appear to have any solution to the bug. The game is unplayable with this bug beyond a few hours and I like playing through the generations gathering all the collections, and I haven't even finished all these collections that have disappeared yet. There was mention of hanging around a lot for hours on end in order to make them spawn. This is ridiculous and totally unfeasible! I shouldn't have to change my game play in order to work around major bugs like this! And this bug was evident 3 years ago?? Yet another reported bug EA have no intention of fixing??

Is there a work around? And I hope I don't have this problem every five Sim-weeks - this is a new game and I've only played a one-Sim family for five weeks in this save. I have a family in another game save that I have played for several generations without this issue a few years or so ago, so it's something that has broken after the original game.
    edited June 2018
    TheLastLeg wrote: »
    Hi,

Similar to this 3 year old thread https ://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/801065/collection-spawners-disappear/p2, all the spawners in my game have suddenly disappeared, everywhere except for posters and snow-globe boxes in the city neighbourhood where my current Sim is. Rock and dig and frog spawners aren't even available in the park in that neighbourhood. Collections is really half the game. Initially it started with my Sim just not being able to access spawners: the spawner would be visible, but collecting it just either dropped off her task cue or told me it was already collected. This started occurring in the science career lot, collecting rocks/crystals. I managed to fix that by turning testingcheats on and resetting the spawner. Then I started having to do this a LOT, resetting spawners on a Sim-daily basis - a pain in the plum! Then, around town (apartments), the poster spawners appeared to be always already taken/not there, and didn't appear to be changing and resetting, so I started having to reset them as well. Now, there are no spawners whatsoever in any of the neighbourhoods except for posters and snow-globe boxes in the apartment neighbourhood.

The above thread didn't appear to have any solution to the bug. The game is unplayable with this bug beyond a few hours and I like playing through the generations gathering all the collections, and I haven't even finished all these collections that have disappeared yet. There was mention of hanging around a lot for hours on end in order to make them spawn. This is ridiculous and totally unfeasible! I shouldn't have to change my game play in order to work around major bugs like this! And this bug was evident 3 years ago?? Yet another reported bug EA have no intention of fixing??

Is there a work around? And I hope I don't have this problem every five Sim-weeks - this is a new game and I've only played a one-Sim family for five weeks in this save. I have a family in another game save that I have played for several generations without this issue a few years or so ago, so it's something that has broken after the original game.

Hello @TheLastLeg
    Try having your sims travel to the parks in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs, spend some time there, and see if you can get the collectibles there. Those parks usually are good to collect the items from. You do need to spend some time at the places before they then start to appear.

These posts explain about spawners
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Meals-and-spawners-timers-only-count-down-when-active/m-p/5643859/highlight/true#M28943
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Meals-and-spawners-timers-only-count-down-when-active/m-p/5655326/highlight/true#M28979
  • BaalolBaalol Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I freshly installed the game with a Windows 10-Laptop for my daughter. No mods, no previous installations. Brandnew installation, direct download from Origin. Just the main game plus the 'pets' DLC. German Version.
    The game crashes after a few minutes in character customization. Laptop also crashed. No Task manager available, I have to shutdown the laptop the hard way (by pressing on-button for a few seconds).

Second Try: Installation on a Windows10-Desktop. Again: Brandnew installation, no previous files. Main game plus pets.
    Again crashing after a few minutes in character screen. PC also crashes, again no task Manager. Hard reset.

Third Try: Same desktop, changed to windowed mode, activated 'Laptop mode' in settings. Tried 64bit-Version and origin-offline-mode.
    This time it took around 30 minutes, but still in character customization: Game crashes. PC crashes.

Origin client: Repair Game. Took some time and did not tell me anything, so i assume, that the files are OK (which i assume is right: there were two different Downloads on two different computers, which i did not change in any way - if there is an error inside the files, it is also on EAs Servers...)

At the moment we're trying Origin-offline-mode and 32-bit Version. 30 minutes in character customization, telling her "Save early and save often" every 2 Minutes... still working, but I'm not very confident here...

Since neither me, nor my daughter ever played the Sims before (so no older Versions on any computer here...): Is this something, that happens regularily ? Since the same effect happens on two different computers, the chance must be high that someone else experienced this also. But I cannot find any error-descriptions on the internet that fit my problem.

Drivers on both computers are up-to-date. Graphic Card drivers also.
    No unusal background processes, antivirus is not blocking the game. All the "usual" troublemakers i found on the net are checked: no problems there.

Windows Eventlog is no help: the only Error, that MIGHT be at the right point in time was a "WAS"-Error 5125 - but that lead nowhere.

Is there any Sims-internal logfile i could check ?
    Or does anyone has a tip how to find what's causing the crash ?

Any help is appreciated :)
    Baalol wrote: »
    Hi, I freshly installed the game with a Windows 10-Laptop for my daughter. No mods, no previous installations. Brandnew installation, direct download from Origin. Just the main game plus the 'pets' DLC. German Version.
    The game crashes after a few minutes in character customization. Laptop also crashed. No Task manager available, I have to shutdown the laptop the hard way (by pressing on-button for a few seconds).

Second Try: Installation on a Windows10-Desktop. Again: Brandnew installation, no previous files. Main game plus pets.
    Again crashing after a few minutes in character screen. PC also crashes, again no task Manager. Hard reset.

Third Try: Same desktop, changed to windowed mode, activated 'Laptop mode' in settings. Tried 64bit-Version and origin-offline-mode.
    This time it took around 30 minutes, but still in character customization: Game crashes. PC crashes.

Origin client: Repair Game. Took some time and did not tell me anything, so i assume, that the files are OK (which i assume is right: there were two different Downloads on two different computers, which i did not change in any way - if there is an error inside the files, it is also on EAs Servers...)

At the moment we're trying Origin-offline-mode and 32-bit Version. 30 minutes in character customization, telling her "Save early and save often" every 2 Minutes... still working, but I'm not very confident here...

Since neither me, nor my daughter ever played the Sims before (so no older Versions on any computer here...): Is this something, that happens regularily ? Since the same effect happens on two different computers, the chance must be high that someone else experienced this also. But I cannot find any error-descriptions on the internet that fit my problem.

Drivers on both computers are up-to-date. Graphic Card drivers also.
    No unusal background processes, antivirus is not blocking the game. All the "usual" troublemakers i found on the net are checked: no problems there.

Windows Eventlog is no help: the only Error, that MIGHT be at the right point in time was a "WAS"-Error 5125 - but that lead nowhere.

Is there any Sims-internal logfile i could check ?
    Or does anyone has a tip how to find what's causing the crash ?

Any help is appreciated :)

Hello @Baalol
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :( They shouldn’t be occurring.
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here for both the laptop and the desktop.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.

You will need to do it for each of the two computers.
  • TheLastLegTheLastLeg Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks for the reply, rosemow.

But this is NOT how I wish to play - hanging around each park or neighbourhood for many hours a piece in order to collect a couple rocks. Firstly that means that my Sims can't collect rocks on work days at all unless I use the non-sleeping/non-eating/non-hygiene rewards, which defeats the purpose of the game. This bug is ridiculous! Bugs are a part of every game, but having MAJOR GAME FEATURES that do not work is unacceptable! I only need one more metal, a rare one, to complete the collection. Can you imagine how long it might take to get it? My Sim has collected countless rocks in the Science career and not yet found it. She's finished the Science career now and I would like her to move on and explore another career. Therefore she'll need to be able to collect rocks outside the science career lot. My Sim would be hanging around parks for the rest of her life waiting for a couple rocks to appear - that's TOTALLY unfeasible. It renders the collection game UNPLAYABLE. I would like my Sim to actually have time to play all the other aspects of the game too, complete other skills and aspirations - not just hang around parks for many Sim hours waiting for spawners to spawn, when they should spawn on entry to the lot, as they have always done!

I generally don't use mods, so I'm asking this as a last resort before I move onto a game that is less buggy! Is there a mod that someone has created that fixes this bug and makes spawners work and spawn properly?
    TheLastLeg wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, rosemow.

But this is NOT how I wish to play - hanging around each park or neighbourhood for many hours a piece in order to collect a couple rocks. Firstly that means that my Sims can't collect rocks on work days at all unless I use the non-sleeping/non-eating/non-hygiene rewards, which defeats the purpose of the game. This bug is ridiculous! Bugs are a part of every game, but having MAJOR GAME FEATURES that do not work is unacceptable! I only need one more metal, a rare one, to complete the collection. Can you imagine how long it might take to get it? My Sim has collected countless rocks in the Science career and not yet found it. She's finished the Science career now and I would like her to move on and explore another career. Therefore she'll need to be able to collect rocks outside the science career lot. My Sim would be hanging around parks for the rest of her life waiting for a couple rocks to appear - that's TOTALLY unfeasible. It renders the collection game UNPLAYABLE. I would like my Sim to actually have time to play all the other aspects of the game too, complete other skills and aspirations - not just hang around parks for many Sim hours waiting for spawners to spawn, when they should spawn on entry to the lot, as they have always done!

I generally don't use mods, so I'm asking this as a last resort before I move onto a game that is less buggy! Is there a mod that someone has created that fixes this bug and makes spawners work and spawn properly?

Hello @TheLastLeg
    You may not what to do this but you get the metal in the debug section of the build mode catalogue.
    Also this is a link to cheats to spawn collectibles
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Spawn
  • kingboulevardkingboulevard Posts: 2 New Member
    Uhm, hi. I'm a new member and I'm not sure if this place applies to mod problems as well.
    Well, a few weeks ago maybe, my sims socks are messing up. I know it is a mod issue because it doesn't happen if I take the mods out. Every single sock/stocking/whatever is automatically made toe-socks. It's so ugly and I don't know what the issue could possibly be. I have over 1.8k mods in total and I really can't just, "go through them." It started probably once I've downloaded something. So if anyone has experienced this as well, please let me know what the problem was. :)