Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

At what time will Seasons be released?

Comments

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Please someone make this clear to me
    I'm 10 hours ahead of US time so do I have to wait til 10 am PT that will be 8 PM SAT my time which is very bad for me, or I have to wait til midnight 22 June my time ? That'll be great

Midnight June 22nd your time
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Yay! I'm so happy I'll be able to play at midnight! We all thought some of the gurus must have been confused! :D

Now, no one change any of the information! Unless someone says "oh, our mistake, we actually meant it's going to be released three days earlier" - no more changes! :)
  • Options
    sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    SimsVIP posted this:
    "For those of you confused about when The Sims 4 Seasons will release this week, it’s been confirmed by SimGuruNick that the game will follow a rolling midnight release. This means when midnight hits on June 22nd in your part of the world, the game will be out!"
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »
    lexus20 wrote: »
    So it is releasing at midnight after all! :D

Sounds like it if you're in Australia, New Zealand etc (sorry, not sure what time zone New Zealand's in)

All I know, is 7am PDT is 3pm in the UK, and 10am PDT is 6pm in the UK, so the UK should have it by 6pm.

It's a rolling midnight release. If you live in UK, it'll be available at:
    Fri, 22-Jun-18 at 00:00 CET

Ah thanks for finally clearing this up cause things were getting awfully confusing.

Also you mention 21st June in your post, typo? Or is it to not make the US wait until midnight this time around? @SimGuruNick

Anyway MIDNIGHT is so much better than 6pm <3 Thx!!!

It's not available in the US until Friday, Midnight Eastern Standard Time. The 7AM PST time on Thursday is when it'll first be live in Australia/New Zealand (because that will be Friday Midnight for that area).

So no one is getting it earlier than anyone else. Midnight for all :)

OMG I'm dying. DYING!!!!!! Thank you so much!
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Well my whole day off will be devoted to Seasons anyway but at least I don't have to wait till noon on my time for the release!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m glad this has been cleared up!
  • Options
    JenpantsJenpants Posts: 58 Member
    But I saw somewhere that the time for US was changed to 1PM EST?
  • Options
    jennywren587jennywren587 Posts: 5 New Member
    Just to clarify UK is not CET we are GMT. We are 1 hour behind the rest of europe.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2018
    Another clarification from Nick!

So, more or less rolling, but not exactly! :p
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Just to clarify UK is not CET we are GMT. We are 1 hour behind the rest of europe.

We are however currently on British Summer Time: GMT+1
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Another clarification from Nick!

So, more or less rolling, but not exactly! :p

It's what I shall henceforth call regional rolling xD
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

You guys will have it at 11 pm as that will equal 12 am in central Europe (yes he said midnight CET but I'm 99% sure he meant CEST)
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

You guys will have it at 11 pm as that will equal 12 am in central Europe (yes he said midnight CET but I'm 99% sure he meant CEST)

Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    XxItalianPeachesxXXxItalianPeachesxX Posts: 67 Member
    YESSSSSS MIDNIGHTTTT ❗️❗️ But I Work 2pm on Friday :s :( :( ... BUT IM OFF THE WEEKENDDDDD :D :D
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    So happy :) At least I didn't take the day off for nothing after all.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Now that mine is at 9pm, I might take Lyft over to Starbucks around 8:45 to see if I can get a table. My computer drains quickly, so I need to plug it in. They only have three outlets! Lol.
  • Options
    ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    So it is releasing at midnight after all! :D

Sounds like it if you're in Australia, New Zealand etc (sorry, not sure what time zone New Zealand's in)

All I know, is 7am PDT is 3pm in the UK, and 10am PDT is 6pm in the UK, so the UK should have it by 6pm.

It's a rolling midnight release. If you live in UK, it'll be available at:
    Fri, 22-Jun-18 at 00:00 CET

Thank you! This is such a huge relief :smile:
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    @SimGuruNick Will it release midnight for Brazil as well (0:00 BRT)?
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)

Looks like Brazil falls under the America release. So it should be 1AM BRT I think.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @SimGuruNick Will New Zealand release same time as Aussie, so would that mean we get it 10pm 21 June? That is two hours before our Midnight but 10pm is the same as their midnight. We are 2 hours before Sydney

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member

Looks like Brazil falls under the America release. So it should be 1AM BRT I think.

Thank you for the info! :)
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    mcrudd wrote: »
    @SimGuruNick Will New Zealand release same time as Aussie, so would that mean we get it 10pm 21 June? That is two hours before our Midnight but 10pm is the same as their midnight. We are 2 hours before Sydney

That is correct. It's only midnight at AEST for that region. So if midnight AEST = 10pm your local time, then yeah, it should be out then :)
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

That is correct. It's only midnight at AEST for that region. So if midnight AEST = 10pm your local time, then yeah, it should be out then :)

ooooh super fantastic, thank you @SimGuruNick :)
  • Options
    sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    sunspriter wrote: »
    I think if they don’t release worldwide (it should be midnight 22 everywhere) then stop saying it’s released on the 22nd, kids especially get excited and then it’s so hard to clarify when it actually comes out. It’s not released on the 22nd in Australia so please stop saying it gurus. We don’t all live in America omg it’s so infuriating to assume we do -_-

Edited for language. - EA_Cian

They are not lying to anyone, they are correctly stating the US release day. I don't think it would look very good if their trailers end with

"Available June 22nd
    Unless you live in z, y, z, a, b, f, g, h, j
    Where it releases at respectively ..............
    But June 22nd"

People have to stop getting upset and angry over very normal things. Research what time THEY have actually said it releases, then check what that means for your time zone. Or learn that release schedules change. Don't go around insulting people for not actually doing anything wrong.

We would ALL prefer a midnight release, trust me. But this is life. It doesn't always go exactly the way you'd like. And quite honestly, patience is not a bad thing for "kids" to learn.

You don't actually have to be rude about it. We have a difference of opinion, I think it's frankly ridiculous the way they handled it, and you think it's fine. I don't think they need to say that in trailers either, just make a note of the difference occasionally via a livestream/twitter etc. Its particularly annoying to be told to do the research yourself, constantly, when Americans literally never have to (with anything). Though I wouldnt even mind having to look it up if the info was correct.
    And I think they absolutely HAVE done something wrong, so I'm entitled to my opinion, though I apologise for the language used I didn't realise I couldn't use symbols, but my sentiment remains exactly the same and is perfectly valid. I'm spending so much on this game, I can be frustrated when they mess up in MY opinion.

ps, patience is fine, having to explain to kids, yes KIDS not "kids" thanks, that I can't tell them when the release is because no one will give the correct info, so they can't all plan when to play together/organise all of that, is frustrating. As an adult its frustrating let alone explaining to children. And 'quite honestly', I don't appreciate your response.