Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is rain effect on roofs, pools, kiddie pool and puddles still a possibility?

Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
I really want good rain effects. I don't know if there's for pools & umbrellas but I really hope. If there's rain effect on the lake, why not on puddles and other objects that I mentionned? To feel the seasons in my game, I need visual effects too, so please add this even if it's later in a patch.
Lu4ERme.gif

Comments

• JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I would like at least effects on the ground when the splats hit the ground.. because that's what happens IRL too and TS3 had it too IIRC.
    I may looked over it, but I didn't see that effect.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Honestly they added so many other details this time around that I won't even notice the absence of other missing details.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I hope it is still possible to patch in or something. It is really disappointing and left me a bit shocked when I saw the livestream.
    The rain doesn't even seem to fall on the ground. There's puddles appearing spontaneously but you don't really see the rain touching the ground. And then the puddles are static :|
    It looks awful, no rain coming from the roofs either.
    It just looks very fake and it's distracting.
    I'm really afraid the same will happen with pools, I really hope not.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hope it is still possible to patch in or something. It is really disappointing and left me a bit shocked when I saw the livestream.
    The rain doesn't even seem to fall on the ground. There's puddles appearing spontaneously but you don't really see the rain touching the ground. And then the puddles are static :|
    It looks awful, no rain coming from the roofs either.
    It just looks very fake and it's distracting.
    I'm really afraid the same will happen with pools, I really hope not.

Yes I would love good rain effects... That's disappointing.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2018
    Please can a the team clarify if it's possible or not? @EA_Lanna or @EA_Mage ? I just don't want to hope for nothing. :neutral:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2018
    I reallly hate that they keep saying they made the ''best weather effects'' yet, however they completely ''forgot'' about adding FX rain drop effects to basic things such as puddles and water surfaces. (at least the kiddie pool).......

No rain dripping off roofs and umbrellas either... as if the flat snow wasn't even worse enough........

No guru's, Sims3 Seasons still takes the cake in this regard.. by far.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    edited June 2018
    Nevermind
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    At first I was excited for seasons and then I noticed the snow and that was disappointing, but after seeing the live stream it just seems like everything is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 so much detail is missing in all weather aspects, the rain looks like streaks on the screen, the snow is just the same image of a blurry white thing in different sizes, as well as everything mentioned above, everything screams lazy to me. The game has taken ten steps backwards from the sims 3, it's extremely disheartening.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I reallly hate that they keep saying they made the ''best weather effects'' yet, however they completely ''forgot'' about adding FX rain drop effects to basic things such as puddles and water surfaces. (at least the kiddie pool).......

No rain dripping off roofs and umbrellas either... as if the flat snow wasn't even worse enough........

Thanks for this.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    At first I was excited for seasons and then I noticed the snow and that was disappointing, but after seeing the live stream it just seems like everything is plum so much detail is missing in all weather aspects, the rain looks like streaks on the screen, the snow is just the same image of a blurry white thing in different sizes, as well as everything mentioned above, everything screams lazy to me. The game has taken ten steps backwards from the sims 3, it's extremely disheartening.

That's how I feel. I loved seasons in 2 and 3 and I was so excited to see it this time but it had only disappointed me. The blizzard snow has those weird bright green patches of grass under roofs. The weather only looks extreme when you zoom out. The tree decorating that I was excited for looks meh, the animation bothers me and even more so when the same animation is used for the tree topper. No skating with another sim either.

I find this pack to be a disappointing seasons pack.
    I don't know why they think they'll get away with such a thing, fans worldwide will notice this, to be honest.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Yeah Sims 3 had the best weather EVER! From what I have seen, Sims 4 weather is good but it is still not the best. I am a little annoyed they didn't think about adding Icicles forming on the roof, rain on the roof, in puddles and pools.