Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

At what time will Seasons be released?

Comments

• kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    It will be 1:00pm for me not happy with that but can't change it. Getting all my ducks in a row so i can devote all weekend to playing.
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    That is seven in the evening for me, so hopefully the kids will fall to sleep pretty fast. :wink:
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    That is so frustrating! I booked a day off work so I could play it all day Friday after both City Living and Cats and Dogs released at midnight of release day, and now it won't release until 5pm and I've wasted a day of my annual leave for it.

I don't get why each pack has different release times? Just pick your standard release time and have it the same for all releases.

It is super frustrating when we have to schedule time off work for these things (OK - we don't have to, but we want to!). I hope you are able to rework your schedule! I still might take Friday off, myself. Worst case scenario I won't get it until 1pm my time, which I figure means I could sleep in and get some chores done around the house before I start playing. Once I start, I'm not doing anything else for the rest of the weekend!

Or maybe we're all wrong and everyone gets it at midnight and no one has to worry about a thing! (I don't think so, just trying to be optimistic? :D )
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited June 2018
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    So it is releasing at midnight after all! :D
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »

Sounds like it if you're in Australia, New Zealand etc (sorry, not sure what time zone New Zealand's in)

All I know, is 7am PDT is 3pm in the UK, and 10am PDT is 6pm in the UK, so the UK should have it by 6pm.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    In most areas, the physical copy only contains a code to redeem online. So it is still a digital download and won't be playable until the release time. This rule also applies to physical copies that contain a disc.

Thank you for clarifying! Makes sense now. :)
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yay! Midnight! That's great. I will be going to Starbucks first thing in the morning to download it. Might do the patch there on the same trip, as I have to pay about 8 or 9 dollars each way. Lol.
    Post edited by PinkPaws66 on
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    BabySquare wrote: »

Sounds like it if you're in Australia, New Zealand etc (sorry, not sure what time zone New Zealand's in)

All I know, is 7am PDT is 3pm in the UK, and 10am PDT is 6pm in the UK, so the UK should have it by 6pm.

It's a rolling midnight release. If you live in UK, it'll be available at:
    Fri, 22-Jun-18 at 00:00 CET
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member

Yes! Thank you for the clarification, plans aren’t ruined after all!

Awesome!!!! thank you so much for this info! :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018

Ah thanks for finally clearing this up cause things were getting awfully confusing.

Also you mention 21st June in your post, typo? Or is it to not make the US wait until midnight this time around? @SimGuruNick

Anyway MIDNIGHT is so much better than 6pm <3 Thx!!!

Awesome!!!! thank you so much for this info! :)

I'm literally clapping & cheering and making "WOOOO!!!" sounds at this information!!
    edited June 2018
    Same haha :D:D So the release will be like the one from C&D basically. Hope no more changes as I'm now set to stay up late Thursday and play an hour before work on Friday :love:
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

thanks
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Ah thanks for finally clearing this up cause things were getting awfully confusing.

Also you mention 21st June in your post, typo? Or is it to not make the US wait until midnight this time around? @SimGuruNick

It's not available in the US until Friday, Midnight Eastern Standard Time. The 7AM PST time on Thursday is when it'll first be live in Australia/New Zealand (because that will be Friday Midnight for that area).

So no one is getting it earlier than anyone else. Midnight for all :)
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Also you mention 21st June in your post, typo? Or is it to not make the US wait until midnight this time around?

I think it just means that the pack becomes available to Australia/NZ at midnight their time, which happens to still be early on the 21st in the US. Probably not available until midnight in the US.

• Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member

Awesome! This makes me very happy, thanks for the info :smiley:
    edited June 2018

It's not available in the US until Friday, Midnight Eastern Standard Time. The 7AM PST time on Thursday is when it'll first be live in Australia/New Zealand (because that will be Friday Midnight for that area).

So no one is getting it earlier than anyone else. Midnight for all :)

That is not what he said in this thread though. If Britain and Europe generally get it at midnight 22nd they are getting it a couple of hours earlier as it's midnight here sooner... xD

Midnight world-wide basically always means someone is getting it earlier.
    Sorry if I'm misreading you btw. Think you're right about him converting AUS time to US time, but if we get it at midnight our time Friday morning, that's 3 pm in the afternoon on Thursday in the US.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    We all get it at the same time meaning local time. He's saying it is rolling, so midnight in each time zone.
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »
    We all get it at the same time meaning local time. He's saying it is rolling, so midnight in each time zone.

Yes indeed. That is how I understand it too. Was just responding to the "no one gets it earlier" as that's not objectively true, even if it should subjectively be true.

I'm truly enjoying all the time-zoning activity
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Please someone make this clear to me
    I'm 10 hours ahead of US time so do I have to wait til 10 am PT that will be 8 PM SAT my time which is very bad for me, or I have to wait til midnight 22 June my time ? That'll be great