Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things builders do that annoys you?

I want to start off by saying how appreciative I am of this community's builders. But I thought it would be cool to discuss common pet peeves we have when downloading lots off the gallery. Small things that you feel like you must "fix" or that make you scrap it and go for another lot entirely.

For me, its when the toilets dont have toilet paper next to them. I know the sims dont really use it but I get paranoid about it and must have it on the wall next to every toilet. This is something I fix in every lot i download lol. What about you guys?

Comments

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Using moo for everything.

I get that TS4 doesn't have a lot of stuff and people have to get creative but most of the time people make objects unplayable with this.

Sorry but what is 'Moo'? Miscellaneous objects?
    giphy.gif
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    Reksoh wrote: »
    For me, its when the toilets dont have toilet paper next to them. I know the sims dont really use it but I get paranoid about it and must have it on the wall next to every toilet. This is something I fix in every lot i download lol. What about you guys?

You are either gonna be totally okay or hate me for this, but, I did this:
    2rnzwi8.png

By accident. I swear. :lol:

Lol, i've had that happen where sometimes I just cant get it to go any lower and get frustrated with it, its soo annoying!
  • Annie2008Annie2008 Posts: 108 Member

I get that TS4 doesn't have a lot of stuff and people have to get creative but most of the time people make objects unplayable with this.

bb.moveobjects
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    The biggest thing that annoys me, especially if I download someone's house in the gallery and place it in my world, is the lay out sometimes. I often have to go in add edit things as they might of forgotten to place a door or there are some routing issues that makes it impossible for sims to go to one location to the next as something is blocking their path, etc...

As for the question about what moo means, it means move objects on. It allows to to place objects anywhere when you are normally aren't able to.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Annie2008 wrote: »

bb.moveobjects

Oh yeah I hate this too. It's good for machinima and the like, but it can break a game. Yeah, no thanks.

Some people mentioned clutter. I'm only annoyed by it if it bumps the price of a lot TOO much. As someone who rarely uses cheats I sometimes have to go around selling piles of books and letter piles so my Sims can afford it. It can look good and realistic, there needs to be a good balance.
    giphy.gif
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I want to start off by saying how appreciative I am of this community's builders. But I thought it would be cool to discuss common pet peeves we have when downloading lots off the gallery. Small things that you feel like you must "fix" or that make you scrap it and go for another lot entirely.

I'm just the opposite actually, the toilet paper is kind of useless, so I usually remove it when I need to make room for something else, especially in small bathrooms when I need to squeeze in a potty chair or litter box.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    I also want to say I appreciate builders, as I am no builder myself and am thankful for the creators who share their builds with us.

But I have to agree, MOO and clutter are my biggest two problems. Also, houses that clearly aren't playtested and there are routing failures, missing doors, so forth. Even downloaded a two story home with no stairs. I can understand missing minor things, like a door, trash can, whatever, but not stairs. :D

Sometimes the stairs disappear if MOO isn't enabled, so that might be the issue.
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    I upload a lot of houses, and moo drives me crazy, so i almost never use it when building. And if i do its for minor things like fitting a plant in a corner just right.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    Something I've noticed recently is bowls of food and drinks left everywhere (floor, tables, etc). I don't know if it's from builders using their sims to test the house or whatever, and it's not so bothersome that I will delete the lot, but it annoys me a little.
    Also: overuse of that one lattice rug in like every dining room ever. Here's a pic if you don't know which one I mean:
    03-29-16_1-11-06nbspPM.png
    I don't know why, but I hate that rug with every fiber of my being. I always have to go through and replace them all because it's so overused.
    And this last one is just my preference, but some builders' tendency to only use white or very light colored paint and wallpaper. I've always loved darker rooms, and white walls drive me crazy. Not sure why, but that's another one of the first things I do when I download a lot: change the wall colors to something darker.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don't know why, but I hate that rug with every fiber of my being. I always have to go through and replace them all because it's so overused.
    You really nailed it on this one, I thought I had some sort of irrational hatred towards those rugs but I'm glad to see it isn't just me

HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    You really nailed it on this one, I thought I had some sort of irrational hatred towards those rugs but I'm glad to see it isn't just me

*raises hand* I also hate that rug. :lol:
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • PapayaSkyPapayaSky Posts: 177 Member
    So. Many. Lights! Multiple on the ceiling, every table, on the floors, all over the walls! I know money will soon grow from trees, but some otherwise awesome builders take it too far.
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    PapayaSky wrote: »
    So. Many. Lights! Multiple on the ceiling, every table, on the floors, all over the walls! I know money will soon grow from trees, but some otherwise awesome builders take it too far.
    Usually it doesn't grow so much from trees as from dragonfruit plants..
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member

You are either gonna be totally okay or hate me for this, but, I did this:
    2rnzwi8.png

By accident. I swear. :lol:

Lol, i've had that happen where sometimes I just cant get it to go any lower and get frustrated with it, its soo annoying!
    Me too, that's the only occasion where I don't place a toilet roll; when it refuses to be placed where it belongs.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    Cupid wrote: »

Same here :D
    And the lights; what's with all the lights some people put in :o
    MLgj4Vx.png