Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for totally new Expansion Packs.

Comments

• ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Off the Grid (no power, no running water, dumpster diving, poverty, a work bench that creates useful everyday items,)
    I voted Off the Grid but I'm sure it would be possible to combine that with Farming.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2018
    Farm Life (farm animals, tracters and crops, cheese making, canning, nectar making)
    I honestly would like the Magic Town but as an actual magic town for witches and other magical creatures. Not a pack focused on carousels.

And I would love a vacation world with a beach, sea caves, hotels and underwater open areas for sims to dive for pearls, treasure and interact and gather sea life plus a mermaid lifestate and sunken ships to explore. But a world where sims are constantly underwater...that just wouldn't work in my head, neither do the submarines.

That's why I voted for the Farm Life EP concept mentioned in this thread, as I would like the others very much too, perhaps even more. But it would also be great if we got new crops and harvestables like letuce, corn, milk, eggs and farm animals like chicken coops, rabbits and cows. Using manure as fertiliser and there could be a golden eggs chicken.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I honestly would like the Magic Town but as an actual magic town for witches and other magical creatures. Not a pack focused on carousels.
    a world where sims are constantly underwater...that just wouldn't work in my head, neither do the submarines

I threw out ideas to spur other people into thinking of what they want. I imagined the underwater world to be that beach world you described, the underwater part like the Paradise Island underwater part. I guess it was basically a hidden lot. There could even be an underwater hotel!

• Gael3DGael3D Posts: 10 New Member
    Go to School (interactive grade school, high school, university)
    Hi everybody, the Off the grid and the Post Apocalypse ideas are amazing, it blew my mind. :o :o :o
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    edited May 2018
    Magic Town (like from Sims 1 with carnival games, carnival acts, amusement park rides)
    I only came into the forums tonight to make this suggestion. I've been helping my sister in law plan her Disney World vacation for this November, the last couple days- and thought how fun would it be if our Sims could go to Disney World !! Our kiddos all meeting famous people dressed in suits! Sampling amazing food you can't get anywhere else, entertainment, balloons, rides, fireworks, a parade (not sure how they would pull that one off) the castle, the resorts (actual ones, not the plum ones like in Island Paradise) shopping for clothing that you can ONLY buy there. I personally think it would be super fun.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    After Seasons, University is at the top of my list.
  • ZaraZara Posts: 115 Member
    All of these are really great ideas. EA, hire this man!
    I make profile pics and signatures for free. hmu if interested.
    kky9DsT.gif
  • lotarylotary Posts: 111 Member
    Farm Life (farm animals, tracters and crops, cheese making, canning, nectar making)
    All of these sound awesome but if I have to choose I'll go with Farming. I love playing Harvest Moon as a kid and am curious how it implemented in The Sims.
    Origin ID: lotary00
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    a world where sims are constantly underwater...that just wouldn't work in my head, neither do the submarines

I threw out ideas to spur other people into thinking of what they want. I imagined the underwater world to be that beach world you described, the underwater part like the Paradise Island underwater part. I guess it was basically a hidden lot. There could even be an underwater hotel!

Not a hidden lot.

Imagine Jungle Adventure portals but underwater in an open area. That's how it would work. Sims passing through rock formations underwater or coral reefs and seaweed agglomerations to travel from place to place. And one big underwater lot where mermaid sims spawn much like the temple with the skeleton guardian.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    I’d like go to school for children/teens, and the farming one as long as no animals are harmed in the game. I like the idea of off the grid too.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited September 2018
    One of my favourite games is Harvest Moon bc it combines an awesome farm game with characters actually having their own lives and relationships with other characters. If I can be a farmer in TS4 and control every aspect of both the farm and their life, I'd be one happy player :blush:

My second choice is Pirates! (Check the link in my signature). It would just really be awesome to sail the seven seas and play out my favourite pirate books and movies.

I crave an Asian-inspired world with beautiful hills, cherry blossoms everywhere, awesome architecture, winding mountains and lots of bridges over pretty rivers. There would be koi fish collections, martial arts, new produce like rice and just awesome stuff. It would also help to expand the cultures portrayed in TS4 :smiley:

Lastly, I'd also like a futuristic pack with an awesome eco-friendly city and careers like stylist, interior decorator, graphic designer, modeling etc and bands. It would probably tie in with the robots option in the poll by including cool technology and a few types of robots.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/947518/futuristic-eco-living-city-with-fashion-entertainment#latest
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    edited May 2018
    Magic Town (like from Sims 1 with carnival games, carnival acts, amusement park rides)
    Magic town is my first pick because i LOVED makin magic. So cute.

But honestly an underwater theme or a go to school would be kinda essential! But so would a traveling to the past. I kind of want a sims world like game of thrones style
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    *Backflips into this awesome thread*

This would be a pretty popular pack.

Post Apocalypse (ruined buildings, no power, water, phones (no jobs?). Zombies?)
    This is an awesome idea for a pack!
    No fridges either. You just have to try to find stores of canned food, or an abandoned ramen factory, at least until you find some non-toxic soil to grow a garden in.

Alien World (different kinds of aliens, different alien needs, alien pets, alien jobs, build mode items)
    Nice idea, needs more Xenomorphs B)

Possibly a pack that could be more popular than the Farm Life idea.

Off the Grid (no power, no running water, dumpster diving, poverty, a work bench that creates useful everyday items,)
    This could work as a stuff pack.

I really want circus themed stuff, in a place that resembles the Brighton Pier

Superhero (super powers, cosumes, (branched career... hero or villain, super-martial arts, quests.)
    Could probably be done as a stuff pack.

Into the Past (Mideval, Renaissance, Stone Age)
    I've been wanting something like this since I started playing the sims. Could be a bit much for a singular pack, maybe as a EP, with multiple stuff packs, for various aditonal eras.

Underwater World. (diving, submarines, underwater domed cities, mermaids)
    Sort of into the future meets island paradise. Interesting concept.

Robotics (create useful robot items and create humanoid and inhuman robots.)
    Would make a good stuff pack.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm so ready or a totally original pack (although i did pick magic town)!!!! (more unique and out there than get together, lol)
  • cup_kakecup_kake Posts: 34 Member
    I feel like we already got a kind of "get to school" thing with University Life in TS3 and TS4 (I think TS2 as well) and I know we already got Selvadorada's game pack, but I feel like the ocean EP could perhaps invole a new tropical world if it ever happens. Jungle Adventure was more of a, as the title states, adventure than vacation/holiday.There were barely any places to relax, and don't get me wrong it was a beautiful new world but I'm just not into that type of thing in TS4
    139?cb=20160208212432

• cup_kakecup_kake Posts: 34 Member
    My mistake on my last comment! TS4 hasn't had a University Life EP yet! I think I meant TS2
    139?cb=20160208212432

• CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    cup_kake wrote: »
    I feel like we already got a kind of "get to school" thing with University Life in TS3 ... (I think TS2 as well)

I included this because many simmers have asked the devs to create some sort of interactive school for the children and teens. People have been asking for more activities for children and teens for a long time. This could also include things like recess, story time, sorting activities, art and science activities, after school activities, field trips, theater and proms (not the rabbit hole type activities in Sims 3). There could also private schools and home schooling added to the mix.

I added University because it is likely going to be a future pack, my poll shows it as the second most popular pack requested.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Robotics (create useful robot items and create humanoid and inhuman robots.)
    1. Robotics
    2. Alien World
    3. Post Apocalypse
    4. Go to School
    5. Into the Past
    6. Maybe Underwater World
    7. Maybe Superhero
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2018
    I voted for the underwater world as I want swimming in the ocean, mermaids and houseboats. Though I really want to be able to join a band again and have an improved celebrity system.

If not those, then something with magic. I suppose school. The rest don't interest me.

• lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited June 2018
    I am so ready for an underwater world! Mermaids, underwater ruins, kinda like Atlantis, and maybe giant sea creatures every now and then?
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I would like to have a pack based on Sims 1 Making Magic! I loved participating in the magic duels,and I loved casting spells. I think the best part was going to Magic Town and watching random Sims participate in the magic shows-some of the shows were pretty hilarious if the Sim was terrible at magic.

I also wouldn't mind a robotics pack if I could build my own pizzeria animatronics. EA could give us cartoony-looking robot cats,bears,birds,reptiles,and other animals to customize,just like we can do with our Sim pets! .Just imagine taking the kids to a fun place like Rufus Rabbit's Pizza or Pizza Carnival that features a cartoony lion mascot. You could pick out what clothes and colors you want for your animatronics,and place them up on a stage to perform at your Chuck E Cheese-like place.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I'll take farming mermaids, please.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
    I chose underwater world, mostly for the mermaids. Bonus points if I can create a Mermaid in CAS.
  • DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    Into the Past (Mideval, Renaissance, Stone Age)
    I picked into the past, but honestly that is tied with underwater. I would honestly love all of those packs!
  • WoWDiva92WoWDiva92 Posts: 111 Member
    I have wanted an expansion dedicated to farm life forever (at least since 1997 :p ). Where you can harvest goods from the ground and your farm critters and sell them at a Farmer's Market, maybe have Farmer as a profession. I was happy that Seasons added the Gardener profession. I feel like I have played out the Go To School theme with Sims 3 University Life. Magic Town was awesome, so I wouldn't mind seeing something like that again. Into the Past also sounds great, I loved the Sims 3 Renaissance. Underwater World would be great as well. I loved the Mermaids and game play Sims 3 Island Paradise, brought to the game. Everything except my Sim peeing themselves when they saw a shark. Have a great day all ♥