Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let Sims wear their assigned CAS outfits instead of weird situational ones, please

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Reitanna wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    It's fixed if you assigned them their 5 outfits. That's what we were complaining about was them wearing random stuff and not what we assigned them to wear for each choice. If they are not assigned clothes in each category (I pick 5 outfits in each category) then the AI will pick random stuff from that category which can be anything in CAS to wear. The game hasn't much sense of style you know. But it is very much fixed and choosing from the outfits I picked- exactly as I picked them.

if you read my post, i clearly said that all of my sims are created by me, which means i assigned all of their outfits. not quite sure how you missed that.

But do you play them all? I have sims I make and add to the game as possible future mates for my main sims but I don't play them. I add them just to get more Sims to my liking in my game. I have noticed at the festival they are more inclined to wear the Cl clothing then their assigned clothes since the fix as well as before it. I just assumed it is because I don't play them. But they were sims I made and assigned clothing to. It is either that I don't play them or because they are not favored maybe.

I am not seeing that issue with my favored sims that I play.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited December 2017
    ldmarko wrote: »
    I haven't tested the clubs & parties yet, but festival wear is still a hot mess. Here's one of my own sims. That is NOT an outfit I assigned her. (The sim from the household I was playing at the time can be partially seen on the left, wearing normal clothes)

ev5ij7.jpg

Ditto with this couple. They may not look as horrible as they have in the past, but it's still not clothing I assigned to them.

m9yddg.jpg

I'm afraid that's in fact the fixed festival's look. Non-active Sims were always showing at the festivals in different clothes, that's just by design. Of course they supposed be more normal, just like now, but they still won't be their everyday clothes. I guess every festival has special color (like white, gold and pink for the Romance Festival). I believe you have to use a mod to force everyday outfits.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member

I'm afraid that's in fact the fixed festival's look. Non-active Sims were always showing at the festivals in different clothes, that's just by design. Of course they supposed be more normal, just like now, but they still won't be their everyday clothes. I guess every festival has special color (like white, gold and pink for the Romance Festival). I believe you have to use a mod to force everyday outfits.

That's the whole point here. That is not an acceptable fix. Many of us don't want the game assigning outfits to our sims, period. They can add a festival wear category to CAS if it's so plum important that that they were special outfits to these things.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    In short: WE want to rule. Quite simple really. Yet so misunderstood apparently.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »

That's the whole point here. That is not an acceptable fix. Many of us don't want the game assigning outfits to our sims, period. They can add a festival wear category to CAS if it's so plum important that that they were special outfits to these things.

I agree.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Thank you for this post.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • TheHavocadoTheHavocado Posts: 607 Member
    While I don't mind randomly generated outfits, It's awfully ridiculous and doesn't match their personality, so this one goes to the community.

Oh, it rhymes.
    Me, when triggered:
    CPwGluP.gif
    "All this negativity doesn't add up."
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Now they're all going around in in their work clothes? In at least one case for a job she doesn't even have? Come on, EA, this can't be that hard to fix!!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I've noticed that at restaurants sims are turning up in weird outfits. Is that their work outfits? I've noticed that whenever my sims get promoted it comes with a strange outfit. Like my sim got promoted in the critic career and she came home in a bikini top and trousers.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've noticed that at restaurants sims are turning up in weird outfits. Is that their work outfits? I've noticed that whenever my sims get promoted it comes with a strange outfit. Like my sim got promoted in the critic career and she came home in a bikini top and trousers.

The whole Sims coming home after a promotion in weird outfits has actually increasingly become a problem since this month's patch...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    i've seen them at the lounge... in their sports outfits.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    i've seen them at the lounge... in their sports outfits.

Maybe they just got back from taking a jog?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited January 2018
    perhaps. it seems to happen randomly. i've seen several of them in sports clothes at the same time, though. odd.
  • pixeltedpixelted Posts: 1 New Member
    Ummmm I know this is kind of an old thread already (if there's a new thread discussing this problem please let me know), but I still struggle with people not wearing their assigned CAS-outfits in festivals and nightclubs. It's so frustrating because I've spent *days* filtering out pre-made townies and NPCs and making my own, only to have them wear unassigned outfits! So far I haven't seen anything super wacky, but I'm just really unsettled.

I'm not really willing to download mods onto this game. I'm leaving a comment now, six months after the last post, to see if I'm the only one still struggling with this problem and if there'll ever be a fix...
  • Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    Yes, @pixelted this is still happening (at least for me). Not sure that I've encountered this issue with anything else but festivals though. I'd like this to be changed as well, and I also don't use mods.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    pixelted wrote: »
    Ummmm I know this is kind of an old thread already (if there's a new thread discussing this problem please let me know), but I still struggle with people not wearing their assigned CAS-outfits in festivals and nightclubs. It's so frustrating because I've spent *days* filtering out pre-made townies and NPCs and making my own, only to have them wear unassigned outfits! So far I haven't seen anything super wacky, but I'm just really unsettled.

I'm not really willing to download mods onto this game. I'm leaving a comment now, six months after the last post, to see if I'm the only one still struggling with this problem and if there'll ever be a fix...

No, you're not the only one
    2UFyFUV.png

• MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I also hate seeing all the generated or town sims dress in the same unattractive outfit at the festivals and street stalls. Sometimes my created sims dress in summer clothes that are mismatched and are not the ones I assigned them in the CAS in the middle of a freezing day at these same events as well. Or they will change in the middle of attending an event into another ugly outfit that I didn't assign them. It is very annoying since I take time to dress them in a certain style for the various occassions.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    Precisely. I didn't spend all this time picking cute winter-wear for all my sims just to see them walking down the street in an ugly 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hat and sunglasses.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Aside from having the same issue, my sims were sitting down to a meal in a restaurant, when a "streaker" (nude sim) walked right past them and went out the door and just stood outside. Some of the other sims including one of my sims that I was playing, just stood up to watch what the nude sim was doing. It was weird.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • fireflysmelodyfireflysmelody Posts: 11 New Member
    I've got this problem as well now. It first occurred a couple of days ago, but it wasn't a townie. In one of my households the father was suddenly wearing a hat and glasses, when I went into CAS to fix it, I couldn't find them on any outfit. A while later the same started to happen to my other played sims too. Neither of them visited any of the festivals or any other town but Newcrest.
  • JagLinneaJagLinnea Posts: 1 New Member
    Maxis, just fix this problem?
  • SherwoodSpiritSherwoodSpirit Posts: 5 New Member
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAXIS! I'm begging you. MAKE. IT. STOP!!!
    Every freakin' sim in my game that I'm not controlling is now wearing stupid hats. Mostly turbins and santa hats. Every phone call my sim gets they're wearing them. STOP IT!!! Please stop with the idiot clownish outfits at festivals. Please stop putting crap on sims that aren't in CAS. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT! JEEBUS MAXIS, WHY?
  • SherwoodSpiritSherwoodSpirit Posts: 5 New Member
    Also, the word "plum" was inserted into my comment above, making it sound like gibberish. I assure you, the word I used was NOT plum.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Every freakin' sim in my game that I'm not controlling is now wearing stupid hats. Mostly turbins and santa hats. Every phone call my sim gets they're wearing them. STOP IT!!! Please stop with the plum clownish outfits at festivals. Please stop putting plum on sims that aren't in CAS. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT! JEEBUS MAXIS, WHY?

Don't beg them, they're not worthy for that. The game is not intelligent enough to match any outfit to suit everyone preferences.

The Sims Game
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Every freakin' sim in my game that I'm not controlling is now wearing stupid hats. Mostly turbins and santa hats. Every phone call my sim gets they're wearing them. STOP IT!!! Please stop with the plum clownish outfits at festivals. Please stop putting plum on sims that aren't in CAS. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT! JEEBUS MAXIS, WHY?

My feelings exactly. Then I have to take that stupid crap off them. I wish I could turn off festivals. As Villianelle would say, BORING!