Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation 2018 (Patch Is Out)

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited June 2018
    It's probably easier to just clean out your mods folder entirely than just find the broken ones.

While not all items will break your game, there's not going to be new sprites so you'll find CC looks weird if placed outside. Gameplay mods will probably all break. The clothing method is changing so you don't know how it'll affect your clothes. If you've got any gardening patches it'll probably mess with those too.

Probably a good idea to play standard for a few weeks until after the first Seasons patch, when things will probably break all over again.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    First the patch day on Thursday, and livestream on Friday. Fair enough?
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Man, i got logged out of the mobile site, so when i opened the forums page, it had a huge "Patch Day!" banner up top. I got really excited until i realized it was just from the May patch.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    With the release of Seasons next Friday. When do you suspect that they'll release the game patch for it? Will it be this week or sometime next week? At this point I can't even say with the launch of the EP still over a full week away.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    With the release of Seasons next Friday. When do you suspect that they'll release the game patch for it? Will it be this week or sometime next week? At this point I can't even say with the launch of the EP still over a full week away.

Since they will do the livestream this Friday, I guess the patch will come out tomorrow so we can check the glass roofs and the overhaul of the gardening skill before the livestream. Or at least that's what I hope for.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    The patch comes out on June 19, Tuesday as that’s when Game Changers get their early access (they always get the early access when the pre-pack patch drops). The Cats & Dogs patch were also released on Tuesday, three days before the Friday release.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Console Patch will be out tomorrow because Parenthood and Kids Room Stuff will coming out on June 18. The PC patch maybe tomorrow too but I think it will be June 18 a Monday like last time with cats and dogs.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited June 2018
    elelunicy wrote: »
    The patch comes out on June 19, Tuesday as that’s when Game Changers get their early access (they always get the early access when the pre-pack patch drops). The Cats & Dogs patch were also released on Tuesday, three days before the Friday release.

I think that's a big possibility yes.
    I think Thursday will be a trailer of some sort or a blog post, the day after the livestream, and then the week after on June 19th, the Patch, following the 22nd the release of Seasons.
    Something like that.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited June 2018

This
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    Console Patch will be out tomorrow because Parenthood and Kids Room Stuff will coming out on June 18. The PC patch maybe tomorrow too but I think it will be June 18 a Monday like last time with cats and dogs.

I don't believe we're getting a console patch this month. I think it's likely next month when we get Get Together and Laundry Stuff. Next Console Patch adds the Gallery to your game and their still working on the gallery to get it in the next console update. Don't expect a console update this month.
    Jean wrote: »

I think that's a big possibility yes.
    I think Thursday will be a trailer of some sort or a blog post, the day after the livestream, and then the week after on June 19th, the Patch, following the 22nd the release of Seasons.
    Something like that.

Sadly no trailer today. Most likely we get the final release trailer Next Week probably Thursday.
    In the livestream they mentioned Hot and Cold Clothing Catagories were coming to everyone meaning the base game is getting it in the big pre ep patch Tuesday.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    In the livestream they mentioned Hot and Cold Clothing Catagories were coming to everyone meaning the base game is getting it in the big pre ep patch Tuesday.

I am wondering... what does a base game need these categories for?
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The toddler swimwear category should be patched in so its base game content for future packs besides that no idea not like we are getting ocean swimming...

The gurus have already stated that it will be coming with seasons and not in the base game.
    Really? All I seen was a Guru talking about toddler swimwear and him thinking it was in the game already/

It seems useless to add Toddler swimwear in the base game, when Toddlers don't currently have any water related activities.
    Toddler swimwear category is now confirmed base game its just a diaper but its there as I suspected it to be.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Dallasking2018Dallasking2018 Posts: 73 Member
    im starting to wonder if there will be one but with seasons coming there probably be one for sure
    The toddler swimwear category should be patched in so its base game content for future packs besides that no idea not like we are getting ocean swimming...

The gurus have already stated that it will be coming with seasons and not in the base game.
    Really? All I seen was a Guru talking about toddler swimwear and him thinking it was in the game already/

It seems useless to add Toddler swimwear in the base game, when Toddlers don't currently have any water related activities.
    Toddler swimwear category is now confirmed base game its just a diaper but its there as I suspected it to be.

I don't understand why toddlers are getting swimwear in the base game unless they're patching in the kiddie pool or sprinklers to the base game. Currently there is no way for toddlers to swim in the base game.

As a quicker way to pick between long and short sleeve clothing.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

I was wondering that as well. Maybe they plan to use temperature somehow in a future pack as well? I really don’t know.
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member

I don't understand why toddlers are getting swimwear in the base game unless they're patching in the kiddie pool or sprinklers to the base game. Currently there is no way for toddlers to swim in the base game.

Kiddie pool I doubt they’d patch in but maybe sprinklers - that could make sense with the gardening overhaul at least.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2018

It's maybe for when we'll get a Tropical GP there will be new water activites for toddlers too. So like that players who own the ''potential" Tropical GP won't need to have Seasons to have swimwear for their toddlers.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LeiaLeia Posts: 61 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    It's probably easier to just clean out your mods folder entirely than just find the broken ones.

While not all items will break your game, there's not going to be new sprites so you'll find CC looks weird if placed outside. Gameplay mods will probably all break. The clothing method is changing so you don't know how it'll affect your clothes. If you've got any gardening patches it'll probably mess with those too.

Probably a good idea to play standard for a few weeks until after the first Seasons patch, when things will probably break all over again.

They did say that they worked with CC clothing so that it should work with the new Ho&Cold system. They only said custom harvestables will probably break which is obvious. I don't see why gameplay mods will all break if they didn't with Cats & Dogs. I run about 5K CC and script mods so cleaning it all out entirely just isn't an option. Never was. I just filtered out the broken stuff, waited for an update or batch fix and voila.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Leia wrote: »

They did say that they worked with CC clothing so that it should work with the new Ho&Cold system. They only said custom harvestables will probably break which is obvious. I don't see why gameplay mods will all break if they didn't with Cats & Dogs. I run about 5K CC and script mods so cleaning it all out entirely just isn't an option. Never was. I just filtered out the broken stuff, waited for an update or batch fix and voila.

Yes! I was excited to hear them say that about custom content. So I’ll back up my saves but then I’m just gonna play with everything in it and if it breaks, I’ll just restore my games and remove mods and CC. I only really use one mod anyway and I’m sure it’ll be needing an update, but hopefully that won’t take too long!
  • LeiaLeia Posts: 61 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    Leia wrote: »

Yes! I was excited to hear them say that about custom content. So I’ll back up my saves but then I’m just gonna play with everything in it and if it breaks, I’ll just restore my games and remove mods and CC. I only really use one mod anyway and I’m sure it’ll be needing an update, but hopefully that won’t take too long!

I do think many actual (script) mods, perhaps even now-so-popular custom careers will break though.. I mean.. script mods always did even if they weren't in exact connection with the expansion pack... Which is sad. But thankfully, most modders are up and ready to update asap and usually updates for important mods come out in a matter of hours since EP release which is amazing. If needed, batch fixes for CC too... However... I do believe that for most CC... it won't be a good looking thing to place them out in the plains in winter. But that's just something we'll have to live with.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    if only we could get swimming in the ocean :'(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

marcel21 wrote: »
    if only we could get swimming in the ocean :'(

Or a beach location and more pool stuff.
  • Dallasking2018Dallasking2018 Posts: 73 Member
    from what i read there is a patch on the 19th