seasons look great but one big annoyance

Comments

  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    What bothers me is those green spots of grass under the overlapping roofs during a blizzard, it looks off to me.

    Yeah that looked awful, I don't see how they could have missed that? Maybe they'll fix it in a patch. That on top of the flat snow makes winter super disappointing to me.

    I'm assuming it's intential, that snow doesn't fall under a roof, which sounds good in theory, but it looks ugly. It's such an eyesore.

    I feel it would kinda make sense when it is light snow but during a blizzard I can't see a roof overhang being that good XD

    And its these bright green patches of grass too. It really bothered me seeing that, it also just emphasises how flat the snow is.
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    What bothers me is those green spots of grass under the overlapping roofs during a blizzard, it looks off to me.

    Yeah that looked awful, I don't see how they could have missed that? Maybe they'll fix it in a patch. That on top of the flat snow makes winter super disappointing to me.

    I'm assuming it's intential, that snow doesn't fall under a roof, which sounds good in theory, but it looks ugly. It's such an eyesore.

    I could see that being what they were going for, but I think they forgot about wind blowing it into the corners and also the grass wouldn't be bright green. Since they decided that deep snow didn't look right you would think they would realise that the grass showing doesn't look right either lol.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,641 Member
    edited June 2018
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    when the sims are walking in the snow there is no snow traction what so ever even in the sims 2 there was deep snow and the snow covered their feet.. there are no coats or gloves..

    It is kind of puzzling to see them stand on top of the snow and not see the boots sink in as gravity takes effect. However, it is the design of the program that does not allow the developer to make it seem realistic. However I came to accept Sims 4 shortcomings, most of the previous packs have shortcomings and I expect to see more shortcomings in the packs to come and I am not hating on Sims 4 but I can only go by what I see. I do like some of the content this EP has and I hope if Sims 5 does come up they do not make the same mistakes with that version. :)
    You always blame the design of the game and how would you know what they can and can't do if you actually worked for EA then you would know that stuff. I don't think it was the design of the game I just think they focused on other things to make seasons look good.

    For one thing it is the design of the game for if they were capable of doing it would happen and I do not have to work for an developer to draw my own conclusions, most of the packs that came out is gimped in some form. Oh yeah, I am entitled to my opinion like you are entitled to yours. Also, how do you know what they focused on.
    Intel 6700K 32 GB ASUS RTX 2070 8 GB Storm Trooper Full Tower SB sound card VioTek 34" Curved monitor.
    Intel i5 10400F GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB 32 GB Samsung Curved 32" monitor.
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 32 GB AMD 590 8 GB
    HP Proliant Server 8 GB Fujitsu Server 8 GB MS 2016 Essentials
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 3,852 Member
    There really should be snow depth and we shouldn't let up about it. If people are going to complain about things we had before that we don't have now, why stop now? It takes away a LOT from the effect. Maybe in San Myshuno they only get a dusting of snow but in Brindleton Bay and Willow Creek where the rivers are freezing over hard, it shouldn't.
    Just because I bought most of the Packs at full price doesn't mean I don't know when I'm being ripped off, especially now that I can't buy Bundles.
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    There really should be snow depth and we shouldn't let up about it. If people are going to complain about things we had before that we don't have now, why stop now? It takes away a LOT from the effect. Maybe in San Myshuno they only get a dusting of snow but in Brindleton Bay and Willow Creek where the rivers are freezing over hard, it shouldn't.

    Exactly, because we're all fans of the sims it's important that we voice our concerns. I get it "they wanted to focus on newer features" that's no excuse to me when the expansion is called "seasons" the weather and seasonal effects should be priority number one.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited June 2018
    Water fun is a tradition, so i'm taking that to mean we can create our own pool party events.

    Yeah...but other than the water sprinkler and the kiddie pool, there are no "water fun" activities that we haven't already had for nearly four years. Aside from beach activities, I had expected -- pool floats/toys; a diving board that would typically be found in a private, residential pool; water slides; Marco Polo; chicken fights; lounge chairs and/or beach towels.

    In another thread, I mentioned that I'd been having pool parties all along. However, I'd been hoping for EA to add something more legit. Because...Seasons.

    Low key, if they ever add a regular diving board, I hope to see my main Sims' inebriated dazed mother dancing on it, just before she falls into the pool. Then, all of the spectators cheer and show their scores. Just sayin'.

    That's the kind of "Weirder Stories" that I'm talking about. ;)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Water fun is a tradition, so i'm taking that to mean we can create our own pool party events.

    Yeah...but other than the water sprinkler and the kiddie pool, there are no "water fun" activities that we haven't already had for nearly four years. Aside from beach activities, I had expected -- pool floats/toys; a diving board that would typically be found in a private, residential pool; water slides; Marco Polo; chicken fights; lounge chairs and/or beach towels.

    I'm guessing that water baloons could also count as "water fun".
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,870 Member
    edited June 2018
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    when the sims are walking in the snow there is no snow traction what so ever even in the sims 2 there was deep snow and the snow covered their feet.. there are no coats or gloves..

    It is kind of puzzling to see them stand on top of the snow and not see the boots sink in as gravity takes effect. However, it is the design of the program that does not allow the developer to make it seem realistic. However I came to accept Sims 4 shortcomings, most of the previous packs have shortcomings and I expect to see more shortcomings in the packs to come and I am not hating on Sims 4 but I can only go by what I see. I do like some of the content this EP has and I hope if Sims 5 does come up they do not make the same mistakes with that version. :)
    You always blame the design of the game and how would you know what they can and can't do if you actually worked for EA then you would know that stuff. I don't think it was the design of the game I just think they focused on other things to make seasons look good.

    For one thing it is the design of the game for if they were capable of doing it would happen and I do not have to work for an developer to draw my own conclusions, most of the packs that came out is gimped in some form. Oh yeah, I am entitled to my opinion like you are entitled to yours. Also, how do you know what they focused on.
    If you read what the Gurus say they say it I don't just come on and spread lies on the forum SimGuru Grant said somewhere the reason the snow isn't deep is because they focused on making the seasons look good. It wasn't because of the design of the game the snow isn't deep.

    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,389 Member
    Actually are are coats and gloves and in some gifs, there are foot prints and even paw prints left in the snow. It looks fine to me.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,641 Member
    edited June 2018
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    when the sims are walking in the snow there is no snow traction what so ever even in the sims 2 there was deep snow and the snow covered their feet.. there are no coats or gloves..

    It is kind of puzzling to see them stand on top of the snow and not see the boots sink in as gravity takes effect. However, it is the design of the program that does not allow the developer to make it seem realistic. However I came to accept Sims 4 shortcomings, most of the previous packs have shortcomings and I expect to see more shortcomings in the packs to come and I am not hating on Sims 4 but I can only go by what I see. I do like some of the content this EP has and I hope if Sims 5 does come up they do not make the same mistakes with that version. :)
    You always blame the design of the game and how would you know what they can and can't do if you actually worked for EA then you would know that stuff. I don't think it was the design of the game I just think they focused on other things to make seasons look good.

    For one thing it is the design of the game for if they were capable of doing it would happen and I do not have to work for an developer to draw my own conclusions, most of the packs that came out is gimped in some form. Oh yeah, I am entitled to my opinion like you are entitled to yours. Also, how do you know what they focused on.
    If you read what the Gurus say they say it I don't just come on and spread lies on the forum SimGuru Grant said somewhere the reason the snow isn't deep is because they focused on making the seasons look good. It wasn't because of the design of the game the snow isn't deep.

    It is not an matter of one lying, it is an matter of opinion, when someone post an opinion it is all about respect. You are entitled to believe what you want to believe and I am entitled to believe what I want to believe. It should not come down to know who is right and who is wrong and it is not about pushing the issue for if you can't get your point across you move on. So basically in order not to derail the thread it is best to agree to disagree.
    Intel 6700K 32 GB ASUS RTX 2070 8 GB Storm Trooper Full Tower SB sound card VioTek 34" Curved monitor.
    Intel i5 10400F GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB 32 GB Samsung Curved 32" monitor.
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 32 GB AMD 590 8 GB
    HP Proliant Server 8 GB Fujitsu Server 8 GB MS 2016 Essentials
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,870 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    when the sims are walking in the snow there is no snow traction what so ever even in the sims 2 there was deep snow and the snow covered their feet.. there are no coats or gloves..

    It is kind of puzzling to see them stand on top of the snow and not see the boots sink in as gravity takes effect. However, it is the design of the program that does not allow the developer to make it seem realistic. However I came to accept Sims 4 shortcomings, most of the previous packs have shortcomings and I expect to see more shortcomings in the packs to come and I am not hating on Sims 4 but I can only go by what I see. I do like some of the content this EP has and I hope if Sims 5 does come up they do not make the same mistakes with that version. :)
    You always blame the design of the game and how would you know what they can and can't do if you actually worked for EA then you would know that stuff. I don't think it was the design of the game I just think they focused on other things to make seasons look good.

    For one thing it is the design of the game for if they were capable of doing it would happen and I do not have to work for an developer to draw my own conclusions, most of the packs that came out is gimped in some form. Oh yeah, I am entitled to my opinion like you are entitled to yours. Also, how do you know what they focused on.
    If you read what the Gurus say they say it I don't just come on and spread lies on the forum SimGuru Grant said somewhere the reason the snow isn't deep is because they focused on making the seasons look good. It wasn't because of the design of the game the snow isn't deep.

    It is not an matter of one lying, it is an matter of opinion, when someone post an opinion it is all about respect. You are entitled to believe what you want to believe and I am entitled to believe what I want to believe. It should not come down to know who is right and who is wrong and it is not about pushing the issue for if you can't get your point across you move on. So basically in order not to derail the thread it is best to agree to disagree.

    I understand your opinion and I don't care about the snow either way I like TS4 so I play it. Do I play it constantly no because there isn't enough things for my sims to do to make it worth playing constantly. I was saying that Simguru Grant said that not me so if you want someone not to believe then don't believe the person that worked on the game. I just play to have fun and tell drama stories in my games and seasons will help that storytelling. Like I said I don't care about the snow because at the end of the day I will still enjoy having seasons in my game.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,077 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    What bothers me is those green spots of grass under the overlapping roofs during a blizzard, it looks off to me.

    I noticed those, too. They're very odd.

    But like @Goldmoldar, I'm trying to focus on the things that I do like.

    The Calendar system is wonderful. It works in a similar fashion to the club system, which I've always liked. Yet, I don't know that it's enough to convince me to buy the pack. I'm still in a wait-and-see stance. There are still quite a few features that the gurus didn't get to in the live stream.

    I'm still really bummed about the beaches and the snow, though. I think that TS4 is the only series that promised "blizzards", but they missed the mark. Also, it looks like pool parties didn't make the cut?

    The fact that you can now schedule events in the future -- no more "instaweddings" or "instaparties" is a Big Deal to me. I've hated doing parties throughout the game because of the fact they happen immediately. Wtih being able to schedule in advance and have it show on the calendar, I can have my Sims prepare for it -- they can take a nice leisurely bath to get their Hygiene up, maybe catch a nap before if their Energy is low. If it's a party at home they can cook the food a day or two ahead of time then store it in the refigerator. I think I'll be doing a lot more parties with the new Calendar system.

    You could probably do a House Party and add swimming (probably BBQ) as traditions, and make a pool party that way. Ocean swimming will likely be in a tropical vacaion pack if it's doable (I can imagine a tropical pack for all the Sims who get sick of the snow), maybe pool toys as well, or maybe pool and beach volleyball.

    The one thing I wish is that they'd included body hair, either in the pack or the patch, especially with that open shirt top for men plus some of the tank tops. I need my hairy men! :o Then again, we didn't see the facial hair category -- either there's no new facial hair or theiy're hiding a new body hair category inside facial hair. Hmmmm
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,641 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    when the sims are walking in the snow there is no snow traction what so ever even in the sims 2 there was deep snow and the snow covered their feet.. there are no coats or gloves..

    It is kind of puzzling to see them stand on top of the snow and not see the boots sink in as gravity takes effect. However, it is the design of the program that does not allow the developer to make it seem realistic. However I came to accept Sims 4 shortcomings, most of the previous packs have shortcomings and I expect to see more shortcomings in the packs to come and I am not hating on Sims 4 but I can only go by what I see. I do like some of the content this EP has and I hope if Sims 5 does come up they do not make the same mistakes with that version. :)
    You always blame the design of the game and how would you know what they can and can't do if you actually worked for EA then you would know that stuff. I don't think it was the design of the game I just think they focused on other things to make seasons look good.

    For one thing it is the design of the game for if they were capable of doing it would happen and I do not have to work for an developer to draw my own conclusions, most of the packs that came out is gimped in some form. Oh yeah, I am entitled to my opinion like you are entitled to yours. Also, how do you know what they focused on.
    If you read what the Gurus say they say it I don't just come on and spread lies on the forum SimGuru Grant said somewhere the reason the snow isn't deep is because they focused on making the seasons look good. It wasn't because of the design of the game the snow isn't deep.

    It is not an matter of one lying, it is an matter of opinion, when someone post an opinion it is all about respect. You are entitled to believe what you want to believe and I am entitled to believe what I want to believe. It should not come down to know who is right and who is wrong and it is not about pushing the issue for if you can't get your point across you move on. So basically in order not to derail the thread it is best to agree to disagree.

    I understand your opinion and I don't care about the snow either way I like TS4 so I play it. Do I play it constantly no because there isn't enough things for my sims to do to make it worth playing constantly. I was saying that Simguru Grant said that not me so if you want someone not to believe then don't believe the person that worked on the game. I just play to have fun and tell drama stories in my games and seasons will help that storytelling. Like I said I don't care about the snow because at the end of the day I will still enjoy having seasons in my game.

    I am glad you like doing all those things and you should enjoy doing it. I like but I do not love it and yes, I am a little disappointed about the snow SFX but I do like some parts of the pack and as said in my other posts I have come to accept those shortcomings and not having a good snow SFX is an shortcoming regardless of what they were focusing on. Sims 4 path and destiny is already planned going forward and I plan on acquiring the pack but not at full price and I am getting it at discount. However going forward not everyone is happy with it and they may still buy it but that is thier choice and it is yours and it is an matter of what floats one boat or not. Again, I am digging the pack if not all of it. for I see some actions that is nice and I like the calendar and I would see those actions as an evolution of features that should be expected from the newer version, enjoy the game. :)
    Intel 6700K 32 GB ASUS RTX 2070 8 GB Storm Trooper Full Tower SB sound card VioTek 34" Curved monitor.
    Intel i5 10400F GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB 32 GB Samsung Curved 32" monitor.
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 32 GB AMD 590 8 GB
    HP Proliant Server 8 GB Fujitsu Server 8 GB MS 2016 Essentials
  • silvercandy79silvercandy79 Posts: 494 Member
    Honestly, there is so much else releasing with the game, I don’t have a big problem with the snow. It looked good enough on the live stream for me. I mean if they put all their efforts into snow depth and we didn’t get as much content, that wouldn’t be a great trade off. It’s not like Sims 3 but with everything there are trades.
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    What bothers me is those green spots of grass under the overlapping roofs during a blizzard, it looks off to me.

    Yeah that looked awful, I don't see how they could have missed that? Maybe they'll fix it in a patch. That on top of the flat snow makes winter super disappointing to me.

    I'm assuming it's intential, that snow doesn't fall under a roof, which sounds good in theory, but it looks ugly. It's such an eyesore.

    I feel it would kinda make sense when it is light snow but during a blizzard I can't see a roof overhang being that good XD

    And its these bright green patches of grass too. It really bothered me seeing that, it also just emphasises how flat the snow is.

    It's annoying but fairly easy to work around or lessen the effect of the green. Real houses in wet climates, if they are constructed correctly, have a sort of safety zone around the foundation. In my country it is called 'Gredn' and made of cement or gravel to prevent water from rain and snow soaking into the walls by providing drainage or barrier. It looks more natural to my eyes too instead of the gras touching the walls and gravel will look less strange than the fresh green. A really convincing blizzard would pile up the snow on the side most exposed to the wind direction, Gredn or no Gredn but that would be incredibly complicated, no?

    Yes, it is not ideal and in my eyes lazy programming (they should have found a way to declare inside and outside instead of under a roof) but I understand that the devs are on a budget and might have had other priorities.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Well, also we're getting recolours of the items in the game as a new objects ...
    It's really annoying

    Do you mean the windows? Because 5 of them look identical (or almost) to the ones we got with Cats and Dogs. Or are there more?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    edited June 2018
    Well, also we're getting recolours of the items in the game as a new objects ...
    It's really annoying

    Do you mean the windows? Because 5 of them look identical (or almost) to the ones we got with Cats and Dogs. Or are there more?
    I only saw small thumbnails, but the curtains look like recolors, definitely the windows and maybe the window seat (can't tell yet if it's just a recolor or actually looks different) look like they're from Cats & Dogs. And for some reason the catalogue from the livestream had the Seasons icon on items that were definitely in the Spooky Stuff SP, like the spiderwebs, two different pumpkin lamps and graveyard lanterns.
    These are only the things I actually remember noticing. I bet someone else could find more because it's become really typical.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Just quickly popping in to ask folks to please be mindful and respectful of each others' opinions. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

    Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

    Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 884 Member
    The lack of snow depth doesn't bother me an awful lot, but I am surprised to hear that the grass will not change color in winter - to me that would have been essential. Another thing that I know is going to bother me are those pink ornamental cherry trees that will evidently stay in bloom all year round, even in autumn, if the screenshots I have seen are to be believed. Hopefully someone will make a mod soon that will address these issues.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Well, also we're getting recolours of the items in the game as a new objects ...
    It's really annoying

    Do you mean the windows? Because 5 of them look identical (or almost) to the ones we got with Cats and Dogs. Or are there more?
    I only saw small thumbnails, but the curtains look like recolors, definitely the windows and maybe the window seat (can't tell yet if it's just a recolor or actually looks different) look like they're from Cats & Dogs. And for some reason the catalogue from the livestream had the Seasons icon on items that were definitely in the Spooky Stuff SP, like the spiderwebs, two different pumpkin lamps and graveyard lanterns.
    These are only the things I actually remember noticing. I bet someone else could find more because it's become really typical.

    Do you mean these cutains?
    TS4_0345_EP05_OFFICIAL_SCREENS_03_002_1080.jpg
    I mean I'm assuming you do, because I don't see any other one in the catalog, and I don't recall curtains like that to be in any pack. The window seat is different too. Yeah, it'll look similiar because of its shape, but I don't mind having a bit more of them. It's understanable for me that they give more option for unique bulding style they introduced. I like to use that kind of bay windows a lot, but putting the same seats all the time can get old eventually.
    I also thought the windows look pretty similar to C&D, but they seem to have more built up frames, if that makes any sense.
    As for the Spooky Stuff, yes, they used 4 decorative objects to complete new Halloween content coming with Seasons. They admitted that during the livestream. I don't really mind it since it's probably not even 1% of the pack.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Well, also we're getting recolours of the items in the game as a new objects ...
    It's really annoying

    Do you mean the windows? Because 5 of them look identical (or almost) to the ones we got with Cats and Dogs. Or are there more?
    I only saw small thumbnails, but the curtains look like recolors, definitely the windows and maybe the window seat (can't tell yet if it's just a recolor or actually looks different) look like they're from Cats & Dogs. And for some reason the catalogue from the livestream had the Seasons icon on items that were definitely in the Spooky Stuff SP, like the spiderwebs, two different pumpkin lamps and graveyard lanterns.
    These are only the things I actually remember noticing. I bet someone else could find more because it's become really typical.

    Do you mean these cutains?
    TS4_0345_EP05_OFFICIAL_SCREENS_03_002_1080.jpg
    I mean I'm assuming you do, because I don't see any other one in the catalog, and I don't recall curtains like that to be in any pack. The window seat is different too. Yeah, it'll look similiar because of its shape, but I don't mind having a bit more of them. It's understanable for me that they give more option for unique bulding style they introduced. I like to use that kind of bay windows a lot, but putting the same seats all the time can get old eventually.
    I also thought the windows look pretty similar to C&D, but they seem to have more built up frames, if that makes any sense.
    As for the Spooky Stuff, yes, they used 4 decorative objects to complete new Halloween content coming with Seasons. They admitted that during the livestream. I don't really mind it since it's probably not even 1% of the pack.
    Oh, thanks for the picture! The curtains certainly look different. That's good :) I only saw them in the buy mode as small thumbnails before.
    I compared the windows again and noticed the new Seasons windows have some kind of tiny bar at the bottom. Still way too identical to me (it's not like only a handful of window designs exist in this world), but I guess we'll have to wait until Friday to judge properly.

    Well, personally I feel really bad about the Spooky Stuff items. You pay 10 bucks to get some Halloween stuff in your game and now they just copy at least four of the items just into the new pack. I find that awful. But talking more about that here would be off-topic, I guess.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 23,893 Member
    Well, also we're getting recolours of the items in the game as a new objects ...
    It's really annoying

    Do you mean the windows? Because 5 of them look identical (or almost) to the ones we got with Cats and Dogs. Or are there more?
    I only saw small thumbnails, but the curtains look like recolors, definitely the windows and maybe the window seat (can't tell yet if it's just a recolor or actually looks different) look like they're from Cats & Dogs. And for some reason the catalogue from the livestream had the Seasons icon on items that were definitely in the Spooky Stuff SP, like the spiderwebs, two different pumpkin lamps and graveyard lanterns.
    These are only the things I actually remember noticing. I bet someone else could find more because it's become really typical.

    Do you mean these cutains?
    TS4_0345_EP05_OFFICIAL_SCREENS_03_002_1080.jpg
    I mean I'm assuming you do, because I don't see any other one in the catalog, and I don't recall curtains like that to be in any pack. The window seat is different too. Yeah, it'll look similiar because of its shape, but I don't mind having a bit more of them. It's understanable for me that they give more option for unique bulding style they introduced. I like to use that kind of bay windows a lot, but putting the same seats all the time can get old eventually.
    I also thought the windows look pretty similar to C&D, but they seem to have more built up frames, if that makes any sense.
    As for the Spooky Stuff, yes, they used 4 decorative objects to complete new Halloween content coming with Seasons. They admitted that during the livestream. I don't really mind it since it's probably not even 1% of the pack.
    Oh, thanks for the picture! The curtains certainly look different. That's good :) I only saw them in the buy mode as small thumbnails before.
    I compared the windows again and noticed the new Seasons windows have some kind of tiny bar at the bottom. Still way too identical to me (it's not like only a handful of window designs exist in this world), but I guess we'll have to wait until Friday to judge properly.

    Well, personally I feel really bad about the Spooky Stuff items. You pay 10 bucks to get some Halloween stuff in your game and now they just copy at least four of the items just into the new pack. I find that awful. But talking more about that here would be off-topic, I guess.

    I have Spooky Stuff and it doesn't bother me at all that a few items were included with additional recolors. Probably took them all of 5 minutes and 5 cents. :D
    Do more of what makes you happy. 🌞
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Well, also we're getting recolours of the items in the game as a new objects ...
    It's really annoying

    Do you mean the windows? Because 5 of them look identical (or almost) to the ones we got with Cats and Dogs. Or are there more?
    I only saw small thumbnails, but the curtains look like recolors, definitely the windows and maybe the window seat (can't tell yet if it's just a recolor or actually looks different) look like they're from Cats & Dogs. And for some reason the catalogue from the livestream had the Seasons icon on items that were definitely in the Spooky Stuff SP, like the spiderwebs, two different pumpkin lamps and graveyard lanterns.
    These are only the things I actually remember noticing. I bet someone else could find more because it's become really typical.

    Do you mean these cutains?
    TS4_0345_EP05_OFFICIAL_SCREENS_03_002_1080.jpg
    I mean I'm assuming you do, because I don't see any other one in the catalog, and I don't recall curtains like that to be in any pack. The window seat is different too. Yeah, it'll look similiar because of its shape, but I don't mind having a bit more of them. It's understanable for me that they give more option for unique bulding style they introduced. I like to use that kind of bay windows a lot, but putting the same seats all the time can get old eventually.
    I also thought the windows look pretty similar to C&D, but they seem to have more built up frames, if that makes any sense.
    As for the Spooky Stuff, yes, they used 4 decorative objects to complete new Halloween content coming with Seasons. They admitted that during the livestream. I don't really mind it since it's probably not even 1% of the pack.
    Oh, thanks for the picture! The curtains certainly look different. That's good :) I only saw them in the buy mode as small thumbnails before.
    I compared the windows again and noticed the new Seasons windows have some kind of tiny bar at the bottom. Still way too identical to me (it's not like only a handful of window designs exist in this world), but I guess we'll have to wait until Friday to judge properly.

    Well, personally I feel really bad about the Spooky Stuff items. You pay 10 bucks to get some Halloween stuff in your game and now they just copy at least four of the items just into the new pack. I find that awful. But talking more about that here would be off-topic, I guess.

    I feel the same about those Spooky Stuff objects. Why not create 4 new Halloween looking objects and leave the other ones where they belong?

    Back on topic. Judging for what we saw on the livestream, it doesn't seem like they paid too much attention to the ground in general. To all the immersion breaking snow related things, I'll add the same for rain. There's no effect on the ground when it's raining, is like the rain doesn't really touch the floor, puddles just mysteriously appear and then they stay static.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 420 Member
    On one hand, I feel like the grass color should have been changed to reflect the seasons. On the other, that would suddenly cause mismatches between the world grass and terrain paint players use on lots that blend/match the current grass. Maybe they could have found a way to fix that but I'd rather have those resources put into snow and rain.

    On the topic of snow, I find it weird and disappointing that you get a faded snow layer on your porches but seemingly nothing on the steps. If you can't make them blend I'd rather have nothing on the porch at all than a harsh line where the snow stops.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Well, also we're getting recolours of the items in the game as a new objects ...
    It's really annoying

    Do you mean the windows? Because 5 of them look identical (or almost) to the ones we got with Cats and Dogs. Or are there more?
    I only saw small thumbnails, but the curtains look like recolors, definitely the windows and maybe the window seat (can't tell yet if it's just a recolor or actually looks different) look like they're from Cats & Dogs. And for some reason the catalogue from the livestream had the Seasons icon on items that were definitely in the Spooky Stuff SP, like the spiderwebs, two different pumpkin lamps and graveyard lanterns.
    These are only the things I actually remember noticing. I bet someone else could find more because it's become really typical.

    Do you mean these cutains?
    TS4_0345_EP05_OFFICIAL_SCREENS_03_002_1080.jpg
    I mean I'm assuming you do, because I don't see any other one in the catalog, and I don't recall curtains like that to be in any pack. The window seat is different too. Yeah, it'll look similiar because of its shape, but I don't mind having a bit more of them. It's understanable for me that they give more option for unique bulding style they introduced. I like to use that kind of bay windows a lot, but putting the same seats all the time can get old eventually.
    I also thought the windows look pretty similar to C&D, but they seem to have more built up frames, if that makes any sense.
    As for the Spooky Stuff, yes, they used 4 decorative objects to complete new Halloween content coming with Seasons. They admitted that during the livestream. I don't really mind it since it's probably not even 1% of the pack.
    Oh, thanks for the picture! The curtains certainly look different. That's good :) I only saw them in the buy mode as small thumbnails before.
    I compared the windows again and noticed the new Seasons windows have some kind of tiny bar at the bottom. Still way too identical to me (it's not like only a handful of window designs exist in this world), but I guess we'll have to wait until Friday to judge properly.

    Well, personally I feel really bad about the Spooky Stuff items. You pay 10 bucks to get some Halloween stuff in your game and now they just copy at least four of the items just into the new pack. I find that awful. But talking more about that here would be off-topic, I guess.

    I feel the same about those Spooky Stuff objects. Why not create 4 new Halloween looking objects and leave the other ones where they belong?

    Back on topic. Judging for what we saw on the livestream, it doesn't seem like they paid too much attention to the ground in general. To all the immersion breaking snow related things, I'll add the same for rain. There's no effect on the ground when it's raining, is like the rain doesn't really touch the floor, puddles just mysteriously appear and then they stay static.

    It is super immersion breaking for me, i would be enjoying parts of the livestream and be total thrown off by how bad the effects look on the ground.

    Do you think the rain might be a filter like, i think @jackjack_k said.

    Sorry if you didn't say it XD
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top