Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

seasons look great but one big annoyance

when the sims are walking in the snow there is no snow traction what so ever even in the sims 2 there was deep snow and the snow covered their feet.. there are no coats or gloves..

Comments

• kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Hello, I saw in a video that there is gloves.
    And there is a bit snow traction after them, but anyway, we've been waiting for this EP for so long that it doesn't matter for me :)
    Snow is not deep because there had some problems with that.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    It might show up under Ultra settings but not particularly concerned.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    There are both coats and gloves though.
    Simsvip even posted them...some of them actually nice and fashionable :)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2018
    when the sims are walking in the snow there is no snow traction what so ever even in the sims 2 there was deep snow and the snow covered their feet.. there are no coats or gloves..

It is kind of puzzling to see them stand on top of the snow and not see the boots sink in as gravity takes effect. However, it may be the design of the program that does not allow the developer to make it seem realistic. However I came to accept Sims 4 shortcomings, most of the previous packs have shortcomings and I expect to see more shortcomings in the packs to come and I am not hating on Sims 4 but I can only go by what I see. I do like some of the content this EP has and I hope if Sims 5 does come up they do not make the same mistakes with that version. :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    it just looks strange to have all that snow and the sims feet does not sink even a little bit. they did do alot of other great things but this one detail would have completed the winter snow season and if the the snow on the ground just did not look like paint oh well that is the sims 4 for ya..
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    I agree, it is a very disappointing aspect. I will try not to let it bother me too much as there is a lot of stuff in the pack to get excited about.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    What bothers me is those green spots of grass under the overlapping roofs during a blizzard, it looks off to me.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    What bothers me is those green spots of grass under the overlapping roofs during a blizzard, it looks off to me.

I noticed those, too. They're very odd.

But like @Goldmoldar, I'm trying to focus on the things that I do like.

The Calendar system is wonderful. It works in a similar fashion to the club system, which I've always liked. Yet, I don't know that it's enough to convince me to buy the pack. I'm still in a wait-and-see stance. There are still quite a few features that the gurus didn't get to in the live stream.

I'm still really bummed about the beaches and the snow, though. I think that TS4 is the only series that promised "blizzards", but they missed the mark. Also, it looks like pool parties didn't make the cut?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    Water fun is a tradition, so i'm taking that to mean we can create our own pool party events.
    image.png
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    I'll be honest, I don't even notice those things once I'm in game. When they add nice effects I appreciate them but it doesn't change the way I play the game
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm ok with it as it is but if they add an option for sometimes having deep snow later, I'd like that. I've mentioned wanting an alpine snowy world and some point with more activities like skiing. I could see having much deeper snow in a place like that.

I feel like deeper snow is something that should happen randomly at certain times and only in certain worlds. Maybe they will patch it in later, in which case, maybe they can add several different types of snow depths so that you never know just how much is going to fall.

I will say that I'm really glad to see ice-skating because I did not expect it to come in this EP. It's definitely a winter activity that I wanted.

Anyway, I'm not too focused on snow depth but if they add it later as a random possibility that happens in certain worlds, I'd like that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

It is kind of puzzling to see them stand on top of the snow and not see the boots sink in as gravity takes effect. However, it is the design of the program that does not allow the developer to make it seem realistic. However I came to accept Sims 4 shortcomings, most of the previous packs have shortcomings and I expect to see more shortcomings in the packs to come and I am not hating on Sims 4 but I can only go by what I see. I do like some of the content this EP has and I hope if Sims 5 does come up they do not make the same mistakes with that version. :)
    You always blame the design of the game and how would you know what they can and can't do if you actually worked for EA then you would know that stuff. I don't think it was the design of the game I just think they focused on other things to make seasons look good.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member

The snow is flat, but there are coats and gloves.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2018
    You're late to the party. :p Quite a few people were upset about the snow (still are).
    Check out some tweets explaining their reasoning: SimGuruGrant Discusses Snow Depth in The Sims 4 Seasons

Sims will wear whatever we want them to in the cold and hot weather. It's totally up to you. Yes, they've included coats and gloves: The Sims 4 Seasons: Create-a-Sim Assets
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    edited June 2018

Yeah that looked awful, I don't see how they could have missed that? Maybe they'll fix it in a patch. That on top of the flat snow makes winter super disappointing to me.
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Well, also we're getting recolours of the items in the game as a new objects ...
    It's really annoying
    Cynna wrote: »

I noticed those, too. They're very odd.

But like @Goldmoldar, I'm trying to focus on the things that I do like.

The Calendar system is wonderful. It works in a similar fashion to the club system, which I've always liked. Yet, I don't know that it's enough to convince me to buy the pack. I'm still in a wait-and-see stance. There are still quite a few features that the gurus didn't get to in the live stream.

I'm still really bummed about the beaches and the snow, though. I think that TS4 is the only series that promised "blizzards", but they missed the mark. Also, it looks like pool parties didn't make the cut?

I swear they said the added them but they never mentioned them again.

I like the slipping and the walk style but i feel it'll a get annoying after awhile like the other walkstyles.
    edited June 2018

Yeah that looked awful, I don't see how they could have missed that? Maybe they'll fix it in a patch. That on top of the flat snow makes winter super disappointing to me.

And like someone pointed out it looks like a blizzard when you zoom out but when you zoom in then it looks like gentle snow fall. I really feel they missed the seasonal effects this time.

Can sims skate together like in sims 3?** I didn't see anything on the stream
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

And like someone pointed out it looks like a blizzard when you zoom out but when you zoom in then it looks like gentle snow fall. I really feel they missed the seasonal effects this time.

Can sims skate together like in sims 2? I didn't see anything on the stream
    Highly doubt it, Sims skating together was not shown if it was there they would of shown it at some point just like dancing Sims don't like interacting with each other.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Can sims skate together like in sims 2? I didn't see anything on the stream
    Highly doubt it, Sims skating together was not shown if it was there they would of shown it at some point just like dancing Sims don't like interacting with each other.

I thought as much but since i just skipped through the stream I thought I might have missed something. It was so perfect to add.

While we can say what bothers us. Tree decorating! I was excited about that part but the animation bothers me, also when they add the topper they do that weird animations again.
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member

I'm assuming it's intential, that snow doesn't fall under a roof, which sounds good in theory, but it looks ugly. It's such an eyesore.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Im so sad about the flat snow. It just looks like the ground & roofs are painted white..
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

I'm assuming it's intential, that snow doesn't fall under a roof, which sounds good in theory, but it looks ugly. It's such an eyesore.

I can agree on that one. It's a little weird, because snow on the porch, also under roof, looks pretty nice for me. There's more on the sides and it's smeard toward the center - it's more smooth.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I swear they said the added them but they never mentioned them again.

I like the slipping and the walk style but i feel it'll a get annoying after awhile like the other walkstyles.

Yeah. It was listed on the boards as one of the features. At the time, I questioned the purpose of a pool party, because no new pool activities were added to the pack. Now we know why.

I guess that I'll continue to throw "pool" parties the way that I have been all along. Basically, I change everyone into bathing suits with MCCC and I place all of the music and food outdoors. Once the host finally coaxes everyone out to the yard, I lock all of the doors to the house. :D

I3Ml5Om.jpg