Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long will your seasons last?

Comments

• Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    4 weeks. I want to make sure there is enough time to really enjoy the seasons. I might change it later, but right now 2 just sounds too short. Honestly I think 3 would have been perfect. I wonder how/why they ended up with 1, 2, & 4 as the options?
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I wish we could customize a little more, I think ten days would be perfect for me. I'll have to do some thinking this week
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Probably 1 or 2 weeks. 4 weeks I think is too long for me.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'll probably end up doing 2-4 long term but want to start with 1 week mostly just to see all the weather changes. I play with aging off so it won't matter.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Thinking 4 so it feels like real life - when is Winter EVER going to end?
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    It's just my luck that the one option I wanted (3 weeks) just HAPPENED to be the one that got left out :'(

Exactly how I feel.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Probably 1-2 weeks. I play aging on Normal and 1 week might be the perfect length except I am not sure I want holidays every week. So maybe two weeks unless I am playing a rotational save then maybe 4? 1 week per household per season.

I am so glad the holidays/days off are not being forced on us. It annoyed me in Sims 3 how my ambitious sims had to take a day off work each week even if they didn't want to.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018
    Probably 4 because I play on long lifespan and rotate between families. This will give me time to switch households before the season changes.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »

I am so glad the holidays/days off are not being forced on us. It annoyed me in Sims 3 how my ambitious sims had to take a day off work each week even if they didn't want to.

This really annoyed me too.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I'm going with 14 days. I have too many ideas to leave it at one week.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    3 would have been ideal. Each week would equal one month and it would be a good amount for me.

I'm hoping, since 21 days is still divisible by 7, that it could be modded...
  • Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    4 weeks cause i want my sims children and teens to have a long summer break
    Corgis4life
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    One week because I'm going to rotate each household after 4 seasons.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I have the same "problem" now, to decide between 2 or 4 weeks.
    3 would have been perfect for me, not too short and not too long. Did they give a reason why 3 is missing? Seems rather strange really...
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    4 weeks. Since my story is connected with Stardew Valley and seasons in that are 4 weeks long, it makes sense. Also, I'm playing with my Sims' lives on long. A 4 or even 8 week year just wouldn't feel right.
  • kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    One week. I got used to that from TS3, and it fit with my TS3 age setup which I'm now using for 4 :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,594 Member
    I haven't watched the livestream yet and this is the worst piece of news I've heard about the game.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    2 weeks for me, that is what I set my seasons to in 3 all the time.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    4 weeks since I have aging on long
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I'm going to start with 2 weeks and change to 4 weeks if I feel like its too fast.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    2 weeks. I'd have one or two holidays a week. May switch to four if it feels too rushed
  • kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    I always max my seasons out.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'll go with 4 weeks. I play with a rotation and I don't want holidays to be too frequent. I'll appreciate them more if they happen less often. I also want to really feel the full intensity of each season.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I'm going to start with one week so I can get a feel for all the seasonal activities then probably switch to two weeks.