Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better sim reactions

rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Something i have noticed while playing the game is that sims don't react logical to one another for example two of my sims were arguing and started to really dislike each other but then right after the mean interaction they just started telling jokes like everything was fine. Same goes for cheating if your sim cheats on another sim they will be sad for a couple of seconds and then it's back to romance it's way to easy and doesn't make sense at all. This really takes the immersion from the game for me. I wish it would be like the sims 3 but improved back in ts3 if your sims was arguing with another sim they didn talk normally to eachother and if they saw them on a community lot they would immediatly get mad bc they saw that sim. And for cheating if your sim had an affair and the partner found out they instantly hated eachother and it took a while to get that relationship back on track as it should be and if the parnter of the other sim found out they also immediatly hated without even knowing who you are. This adds needed challenge without making it boring. How i would like to see it is if your sim is arguing with another sim they can be friends again but it does take a while and they don't immediatly start chit chatting again. If your sim is on the same community lot as them they will get angry and maybe start arguing with them. And on the cheating part i just want it to be like in ts3 logical reactions.

If you have any other ideas please let me know and also comment on what you think about this

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Many have complained about this over the years. Still waiting for a substantive fix.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    My sims aren’t affected at all if their spouse kisses another in front of them.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    @Cynna @Chazzzy yess i really hope they will consider fixing this it would make the game 100% more enjoyable
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2018
    We need better reactions. @EA_Mage take this in consideration at least. :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I couldn't agree more.
    a256aFi.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    For me this has been a very basic problem from the very beginning. And the reason I can’t understand why people claim Sims 4 is ‘about the sims themselves again’. It’s not, not for me that is, quite the contrary.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    For me this has been a very basic problem from the very beginning. And the reason I can’t understand why people claim Sims 4 is ‘about the sims themselves again’. It’s not, not for me that is, quite the contrary.
    exactly it’s not really about the sims since they aren’t different from eachother there all happy all the time

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2018

You hit the nail right on the head. It's more about CAS, build mode, and pretty graphics than the Sims themselves. Other than their appearance, the Sims seem to have been very much an afterthought.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    edited June 2018
    If my sim catches their spouse cheating on them they reject the romantic advances for days. It’s hard to actually get them to fall for them again, haven’t seen a sim start acting like it was fine after catching them. They get a angry moodlet for days as well, doesn’t just change quickly
    If my sim catches their spouse cheating on them they reject the romantic advances for days. It’s hard to actually get them to fall for them again, haven’t seen a sim start acting like it was fine after catching them. They get a angry moodlet for days as well, doesn’t just change quickly

Really i have only had that in the sims 3
  • NovaBelladonnaNovaBelladonna Posts: 58 Member
    Sorry if this is slightly off-topic but I can't start a new thread as a new member. But do sims eventually start reacting to their grandchildren once they've aged up? One of my sims has had a baby and when her dads come round they don't even notice the baby... Is that normal? Will it change? Or will they not acknowledge the baby until I'm playing from the dads' point of view rather than their daughter's.

What used to annoy me (about older games) is when Sim3 knew they were flirting with a sim (Sim1) who was in a relationship with Sim2, but would get angry when Sim1 would go back to Sim2 and flirt. Like you knew you were having an affair, they have a significant other, like what were you expecting!?
    For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmFyY60q4J0PJNKCePjVG8g
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sorry if this is slightly off-topic but I can't start a new thread as a new member. But do sims eventually start reacting to their grandchildren once they've aged up? One of my sims has had a baby and when her dads come round they don't even notice the baby... Is that normal? Will it change? Or will they not acknowledge the baby until I'm playing from the dads' point of view rather than their daughter's.

What used to annoy me (about older games) is when Sim3 knew they were flirting with a sim (Sim1) who was in a relationship with Sim2, but would get angry when Sim1 would go back to Sim2 and flirt. Like you knew you were having an affair, they have a significant other, like what were you expecting!?

In my experience no. Sims are vaguely aware there is a short person in the house. They don’t really care that it’s related to them or acknowledge it.

OP I agree with you whole heartedly, I myself have made a topic or two on this topic in the past. This is probably the sole reason I can’t immerse myself in the game. So much of the fun of the sims is playing out a scenario and watching the consequences and how that impacts on your game. I had a sim cheat on his bride on their wedding day with his sister in law, the bride did nothing, I had a different sim decide to hit on his father in law in front of his pregnant wife and mother in law- again nothing happened. That one I didn’t initiate but was disappointing to see none of the sims cared.

In my sims 2 game, a child caught her Mum kissing another man. The child burst into tears and ran from the room, her relationship with her Mum went south and she rolled a want to “drink” Alan. I.e she wanted him dead.

By contrast my child in the sims 4 watched her Dad kissing another woman and doing all kinds of romantic interactions in front of her; she didn’t care. She just kept eating her ice cream and smiling.

I made a couple get divorced, because they were camping and had a ton of happy moodlets, neither sim had an appropriate reaction as the sad and angry moodlets never came to the surface. Even though the man had caught his fiancée with another woman he was still very happy. I had to imagine a reaction and make him be mean to the man he has just caught his partner cheating on him with. But as soon as the mean interaction has finished? Let’s tell a joke! Let’s hug, let’s ask about day. (None of which were initiated by me)

Come on EA! I shouldn’t have to imagine that he is angry that he has just caught the mother of his children with another man and make him have a reaction, I shouldn’t have to fight the game to give him an appropriate reaction for the circumstances. It’s 2018 and the AI is so poor I have to pretend sims have emotions for certain circumstances? I have to pretend that beneath all the happy moodlets my sim is devastated by a family break up or a death? Even my ten year old niece noticed the fact that sims don’t care unless you tell them too. Will Wright recognised that players like to explore failure states. A mantra that has been forgotten. Now it’s all about making pretty sims with nice houses with lots of tat. Sims and their emotions are a definite second.

The sims 1,2 and 3 managed it. No excuses.

This to me is a basic problem with the game that I don’t see changing. It doesn’t matter What dlc we get as long as that problem exists (and it’s been four years now) it will always spoil the game. I don’t care for weather. Who cares when the sims will be having the same poor reactions just with a different back ground outside.

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member

Have you guys actually had a sim cheat and get caught? The romantic options aren’t even clickable because the sim would be to angry to be romantic with them. This happens on all occasions they get caught. Also the only way to get their spouse to not get jealous to complete a LTW to get the trait no jealousy. I’ll take TS4 reactions to cheating over TS3.

Have you guys actually had a sim cheat and get caught? The romantic options aren’t even clickable because the sim would be to angry to be romantic with them. This happens on all occasions they get caught. Also the only way to get their spouse to not get jealous to complete a LTW to get the trait no jealousy. I’ll take TS4 reactions to cheating over TS3.

I have. He slapped his fiancée , then rolled whims to make out with her and marry her. He then autonomously kissed her. The whims continued like that for the next day. No mods.
    In short he didn’t give a toss.

Yes i had my sim cheat multiple times it would be better if there was nice balance between the sims 4 and sims 3 reactions sims 3 might have been to heavy but sims 4 reactions are non excistent i really hope consider adjsuting this so they at least have a normal reaction instead of being constantly happy all the time
    My sim cheated on her boyfriend in Sims 4 and got a message immediately after where he cheerfully congratulated her with her choice of friends, he was very happy for her. Such a free spirit. In Sims 3 it’s hard to repair the damage done but I like that. I wouldn't be so broad-minded irl myself either.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    My Sims don't care about cheating partners either, they just walk around with that stupid smile on their faces.
    2UFyFUV.png

• ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited June 2018
    What everyone has been talking about brings me back to the Sims 2 E3 demo and how it handled cheating and relationships. I don't recall if it all happened this way (it has been such a long time) but I assume this is what people would have loved to see. It's a little over 8 minutes, but it's hilarious and really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HNUQaLOLRg
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    My sim cheated on her boyfriend in Sims 4 and got a message immediately after where he cheerfully congratulated her with her choice of friends, he was very happy for her. Such a free spirit. In Sims 3 it’s hard to repair the damage done but I like that. I wouldn't be so broad-minded irl myself either.

He is such an understanding sim! ;) Sounds just like my sim wanting to marry his girlfriend seconds after he slapped her for cheating on him. Maybe it was the sight of seeing his love woohooing another that prompted him to realise she was the one?

I would rather have a bit of trash can knocking over or refusing to be in the same room and maintain a civil discussion. Makes my sims feel more alive and realistic.
    Bad Arkane wrote: »
    What everyone has been talking about brings me back to the Sims 2 E3 demo and how it handled cheating and relationships. I don't recall if it all happened this way (it has been such a long time) but I assume this is what people would have loved to see. It's a little over 8 minutes, but it's hilarious and really good.

This. Is. Gold. On so many different levels. It’s based on personalities, it’s based on reactions (even indirectly, the sister), it’s based on completely relatable emotions ánd it’s based on the player really manipulating but with room for surprises and different outcomes.
    5JZ57S6.png

Yes i watched that a couple of days ago i loved the way sims reacted to things

This. Is. Gold. On so many different levels. It’s based on personalities, it’s based on reactions (even indirectly, the sister), it’s based on completely relatable emotions ánd it’s based on the player really manipulating but with room for surprises and different outcomes.

Yes you still make your own choices but the game sends you in multiple directions and imo that is exactly what we need
    edited June 2018

He is such an understanding sim! ;) Sounds just like my sim wanting to marry his girlfriend seconds after he slapped her for cheating on him. Maybe it was the sight of seeing his love woohooing another that prompted him to realise she was the one?

I would rather have a bit of trash can knocking over or refusing to be in the same room and maintain a civil discussion. Makes my sims feel more alive and realistic.
    Oh, by the way, regarding that marriage (lol!), I made a sim flirt with another woman on his wedding day in TS3, then sent him to the arch with his bride and this happened:

iQhuTMS.jpg

djV7Vww.jpg

Nrl1UOK.jpg

She refused to marry him. I seriously don’t understand why they managed to get things like this right in the past and not anymore.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Omg that’s amazing things like this never happen autonomously in ts4 is miss this so much since that is what brought life to the game the unpredictability of everything please bring some of it back or make it optional in some @SimGuruGrant
  • DeerLordDeerLord Posts: 236 Member
    I was playing TS2 recently and had a sim living with the Pleasant twins. He was dating Angela but got a bit "confused" one night since Lilith decided to sleep in their bed instead of her own and I just rolled with it. They all moved shortly after and the couple had a kiss in front of their new house which I didn't even think about and couldn't have prevented if I wanted to... Lilith was not happy.

The result of one bad choice and an autonomous interaction was that the household became so bad with Lilith and my sim constantly being angry and going out of their way to fight and make eachother miserable after trying to fix it for days, that I ended up needing to move her out on her own with no job. Lilith and Angela remained best friends and Angela was none the wiser through the whole ordeal.

Do you know how much work you'd have to do in TS4 to force sims into situations so you could even begin to pretend that something half as interesting as that is happening?