Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't trap sims

In the past I had an idea to have a vampire couple who would keep a human sim in the get to work prison bars in their home so they could feed from them whenever they were thirsty but any sim I would trap would end up saying thanks for hanging out but I gotta get going or something like that and then they would disappear. Anyone know of any mods or maybe a change in settings to keep this from happening?

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In the past I had an idea to have a vampire couple who would keep a human sim in the get to work prison bars in their home so they could feed from them whenever they were thirsty but any sim I would trap would end up saying thanks for hanging out but I gotta get going or something like that and then they would disappear. Anyone know of any mods or maybe a change in settings to keep this from happening?

I had a similar story line involving an older rich couple who had a male child late in life, so he grew up spoiled. An alien came to their town and, while observing several sims, decided to replace that brat with himself so he built a hidden room in the basement and caged the ungrateful sim. The alien, looking exactly like the brat, became the son but loved and appreciated the parents who thought that their son had finally began to love them back.

It worked fine as long as I played that household, but when I switched to other households, I would see the brat out and about instead of being locked in a cell in a hidden basement. But, it's still a fun household to play.

You may need to add that sim to your household or, at some point, they will go home.
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I had a similar story line involving an older rich couple who had a male child late in life, so he grew up spoiled. An alien came to their town and, while observing several sims, decided to replace that brat with himself so he built a hidden room in the basement and caged the ungrateful sim. The alien, looking exactly like the brat, became the son but loved and appreciated the parents who thought that their son had finally began to love them back.

It worked fine as long as I played that household, but when I switched to other households, I would see the brat out and about instead of being locked in a cell in a hidden basement. But, it's still a fun household to play.

You may need to add that sim to your household or, at some point, they will go home.

That's a really cool idea, I like it!
    I have played anther house hold and kept their daughter in a basement and she would always escape whenever I travelled for whatever reason so I try to avoid that but it's still annoying, I wish the sims would keep in the room you left them in, or had an option to keep the sim inactive while you were away.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I thought you had to add the prisoners (aka "meatbags") to the family. Then the Vampires could feed on them as needed.

I do know that you'd have to have at least two (so one can recover, after being fed on. And the second one is ready for any other hungry Vampires). I can't remember how long it takes for a meatbag to recover, so other Vampires can feed.

Love the idea though! :+1:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Lmao I had the same idea