Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod(s) you can’t live without?

What mod or mods do you love and why can’t you live without them?

I love Master Controller. Even though it slows my game just a bit, it helps fill out the towns bc I don’t have the patienc to make everyone reproduce :tired_face::D

I also really like that Evolve All Plants mod. Pretty self explanatory as to why lol

Comments

• hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I love the MCCC mod and the pregnancy mod I got
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    the one that stops the creepy smiling when they're happy
    the rest I could leave or take
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SugarshotzSugarshotz Posts: 35 Member
    ui cheats extension is pretty neat.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    MCC. I wouldn't play without it.

Most CC. I never would have considered purchasing Sims 4 without CC. I would be beyond bored by the limitations of official made content. CC helps make all of my sims really come alive to me.

UI cheats is helpful but not a deal breaker.

Pregnancy Mod
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Mcc, I just got one where my sims no longer wear shoes inside the house that just tickles me pink, I got the new online dating mod, but I haven't had the chance to try that yet, and a mod that keeps my toddlers in high chairs without them being disturbed by parents all the time.
  • Simmerific94Simmerific94 Posts: 51 Member
    Fairies, Witches, and Mermaids. Can't play a Sims game without an abundance of supernaturals. Just feels empty to me.
    Find me on the Gallery! ID: ShinyTogepi94
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    MCCC, faster shower, faster homework, more activities, miscarriage, visit family and friends
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    The absolute must have is MCCC, for reasons stated above, no mosaics, because I'm an adult and I can handle it, :p, my eyelashes and UI Extension. There are a few more but these are game-breakers if I don't have them. Tried vanilla game, nope, I'm just too used to cc/mods.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Dallasking2018Dallasking2018 Posts: 73 Member
    MCCC,No Blur
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    edited December 2018
    I have two, in particular: MCCC and Road To Fame. There are other mods made by different modders that augment Road To Fame, Entertainer_Singer_Work From Home. I do hope all of these mods will be updated. I know MCCC will be hot-fixed, and fairly soon, as Deaderpool is always on top of things. The other two I'm uncertain of. I know Sacrificial updated Road To Fame for Jungle Adventure, the third one, I haven't heard or read anything to suggest it's going to get that much-needed update. But, then again I'm going to have to dig up that website to be fair.

I was a bit unhappy that the mod-buster patch got dropped yesterday. I had hoped for more time to play before that happened. Oh, well. Can't have everything we want, or even when we want it.

UPDATE: I discovered just last week that Sacrificial has created a new compatible version of his Road to Fame mod. It's Road to Fame_Professional Singing Career! I love it and can't live without it and MCCC, of course.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Meh I can play without any of them. I turn MCCC on sometimes though, especially when starting a new save, so it can go populate & create families / stories around me xD but currently I'm not using it. I tend to play in the same saves for very long times and after a while I don't really need it anymore as everyone's +- settled somewhere
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,340 Member
    edited June 2018
    Quit and Rejoin School
    - It saves me from the urge to strangle the teachers whenever one of those unfairly worded chance cards drops on one of my kids.
    - Also because I enjoy playing non standard settings where there is no school (Settler or Shipwrecked challenges <3 ) or where school is only for certain social classes (like the aristocracy having their offspring fostered with another knight while only the village kids go to public school to get properly indoctrinated). I feel school is a waste of time and that I can make better use of this time for my sims. So unlike irl where school is the priviledge in my game school is the penalty for those who cannot afford to buy out or otherwise circumwent it.

Self configureable Autonomy
    To nuke the autonomous use toilet/shower/bed interactions that sneak into the queque when the sims' motives are low. This was my main gripe with Sims 4 for years and I cannot even begin to express how much smoother game feels now! For the townies I place Talking toilets at venues, because these conveniently have a different tuning and thus do not get blacklisted by my blacklisting the normal toilets.

Power Naps
    In households with toddlers, both for the little ones and the adults. Cheaty mod, I know :/
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    MCCC and UI Cheats Extension: for undoing decisions the game made that I don't like + for building up new Sims
    Friendlier Ask to Leave: but I need to refind the most recent updated working one that I had
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    MC Command Center & No Autonomous Serenade are must-haves for me.
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    less smiling + happy buffs changed to fine
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    MCCC and UI Cheats Extension
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    NoDistanceBlur - So I can have background clear, without taking off Post Processing Effects.
    (I don't want the sunlight/light effects to disappear)
    and
    Default Grass Replacements
    (I'm not fond of the grass looking like pea soup fingerpaintings...)

I occasionally use CAS backgrounds, especially if it's beach style pics. :D
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Like many MCCC is an absolute must have for me! Espicially for the tuner that can stop annoying behavior and interactions you need it too.
    Also after school activities mod, explore mod, and more social activities mod just adds so much more things to do even if rabbit holes.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    MCCC, UI Cheats Extensions, and Andrew's Pose Player are my top three.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    MCCC
    UI cheats extension
    No happy environment
    More fun stuff
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Oh yes, forgot about No Happy Environment. I only recently put that in, I got so sick of all the "Nicely Decorated" buffs overriding my sims feelings. I like having a decorated home, and it was either put the mod in or give them bare walls. :D
  • NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    No happy environment
    Emotional inertina
    True happiness
    No blur
    Mc command centre
    Faster eating and drinking
    Faster shower and baths
    Preschool mod for toddlers
    Better high school and elementary school
    Uncomfortable overhaul
    Life time skills
    Ingredients overhaul
    Mc woohoo
    Better autonomous homework
    First love - for kids
    Autonomous first kiss
    Autonomous proposal - can also be selected in mcc
    Slower relationship building
    Ui cheats extension
    Eternal night in forgotten hollow
    Kids can walk dogs too
    No culling - from mcc
    No checking up on toddlers
    Longer in high chair for toddlers
    Controllable pets / on and off when I use this
    Cottage garden stuff pack
    Romantic wedding stuff pack
    Reduce funds from collectibles I have 50% reduced makes it harder to make money from collecting
    Kids can learn adult skills too
    Random traits and aspirations mod
    Personality please - no restrictions
    Better sickness mod
    Doctor career overhaul

I can’t think of anymore off the top of my head but all of these enhance the game so much I couldn’t play without them!
  • Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    Being red/green colourblind, I find Scumbumbo's Darker Progress Circle or Even Dark Progress Circle mods an eyestrain reliever. Has only needed to be updated once a few patches ago but it's pretty much mandatory for me is i want to see the progress circle. Thanks, Scumbumbo!
  • melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    MCCC, More CAS columns (4), don't prep food/wash dishes where you angry poop, balanced death moodlets, and smarter baby care.

The others I use and would defo notice if missing in game are twisted mexi's sellinventory and fullhouse, and recently the lifetimeskills mod too.

I just found the ones listed above by @NaomiSImblr and have added some of those to my game. I love no happy environment, Neia's careers mods and the clayblobbuildscreativity mod too, but could probably live without them.

I do hate it when new patches come out and render the mods useless...because the things the patches fix have usually already been dealt with by the mods :neutral:
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile: