Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adopt the multiplayer concept from The Sims Online

One idea, dear Maxis...is to adopt the multiplayer feature of the Sims Online. Owners will hosts parties, and guest actually participate in the social interactions in real time while earning simoleans...well its better than having parties that lasts 24hrs..

Comments

• etoshaetosha Posts: 18 Member
    Oh yea...also to have players to move in as roomies...or as spouse etc etc...
  • FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    I don't think this is a bad idea per say (I was thinking along similar lines yesterday in regards to parties), but wouldn't it be really resource intensive on phones? Maybe someone with more techie knowledge could elaborate?
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    the biggest problem is that you deal with people from other time zones. So one of your friends will not always be online.
    What EA can do in the future is to build open places for interaction, but that would make it difficult to create legacies, since each simmer is building a story and some actions could affect it.

I think the solution is other events, but that does not last 24 hours, maybe something like 5h or 8h. 24h is really long time for an event.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Wait I thought they already had that? :/
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    You can play with another simmers but its not in real time and it's not affect they story..
    Only if you ask they sims to live in your house.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    You can play with another simmers but its not in real time and it's not affect they story..
    Only if you ask they sims to live in your house.

This is a big problem in the game. If you ask another player's sim to move in your game, the original owner will loose their sim if they accept your move in request. Most will not give their sims away. Some will . They have a trading /marriage thread going on in the origin forum and one in this forum shold you want to trade sims.

etosha wrote: »
    One idea, dear Maxis...is to adopt the multiplayer feature of the Sims Online. Owners will hosts parties, and guest actually participate in the social interactions in real time while earning simoleans...well its better than having parties that lasts 24hrs..

The parties last 12 hours. You do get to interact while your at the party. you can stay longer or send in other sims if you have wedding cake slices.

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I don't think this is a bad idea per say (I was thinking along similar lines yesterday in regards to parties), but wouldn't it be really resource intensive on phones? Maybe someone with more techie knowledge could elaborate?

Yes and they are having allot of crashing issues with parties.
  • sims4multiplayersims4multiplayer Posts: 3 New Member
    You can try out the multiplayer experience now with Sims 4 at sims-multiplayer.com :)