Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    @Ninnster and @jhgkjhgkjh - if you would like an extension, we can let you have an extra 24 hours...

The new challenge will still be posted on time though.

Thanks, I am done. But I am happy that you willing two spend some extra hours for @Ninnster!
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @jhgkjhgkjh Aww thank you sweetie :heart: I will try my best to get it done!

@BuildnShare Could you just then confirm if I get the extension? I just want to be absolute certain of how much panic I should be in right now :joy:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Ninnster - yes, we will extend the deadline for this challenge by 24 hours :) We will still be posting the new challenge on time though.
    Dm5g7dk.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    edited June 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #96 A Truth Universally Acknowledged
    FORUM ID:kilra0
    ORIGIN ID:kilra0
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Brindleton Manor
    LOT COST: 4,000
    LOT NAME: Chateau Frise (Bridleton Bay)
    BUILD COST: 495, 684
    TOTAL COST: 499,684
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/UALshwR
    ENTRY DETAILS: To be honest I don't know very much about Regency and I read a lot about it now. At first I tried to build a house like Pemberley but it looked so wrong without a visible basement (hurra for everyone who done it so well - I'm very impressed folks :o ) so I decided to go for the Brighton Regency or what I think it is :) and also the garden I did twice. After I read they didn't liked strait lines which stood for the monarchy which doesn't seem to be very popular at this time I remodelled it to an english landscape garden and included a folly and popular ruins. I hope you like it and my interpetation is good enough for the expert level, nevertheless I learned so much, thank you <3
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    MsIgdPI.png
    8qXt8XF.png
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

Quick question @BuildnShare and everyone - on the entry form where it says "Lot Name" some users have the name of their build only. When I do it its a very long https link - can anyone tell me how to display it in the shorter version?
    @glen1974 To create a hyperlinked word, use the following format: [*url="https://YourUrl.com"]Your Lot Name[*/url] Just replace with your info and take out the asterisks (*).

You can also type in your lot name, select it with your mouse, then click on the icon that looks like chain links right above the comment box. Then paste your url in the box that comes up.

(hope that's what you were asking!)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Wow and incredible is all I can say about these builds. They are all so fantastic! Great job everyone!
    edited June 2018
    FORUM ID:glen1974
    ORIGIN ID:glen1974
    LOT:The Carrington
    LOT COST:$12,000
    LOT NAME: Dresden House, Windenburg
    BUILD COST:$485,766
    TOTAL COST: $497,766
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Xgg3F3F
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have a love of large red brick stately homes and I went with this as my starting point for the build. I am grateful the budget was increased as I practically used all of it! I took inspiration from a view stately homes that I researched -mainly Goodnestone Park in Kent and also Filoli in California. (Filoli was used for the original tv series Dynasty and that is where I also took the name Carrington from for this build).

So this is my interpretation of a Regency manor house using Sims 4. Some décor would not be classified strictly as Regency but I worked with all that was in game. I looked up colour schemes used in Regency times and incorporated blues, greens and yellows into the interior colour scheme as well as the red as requested by the client. Some rooms have red as the main colour, others have it in small décor or flower decorations only.

The entrance leads to a large central hallway with dual staircases leading to an open landing which looks directly down into the hallway. To the right upon entering is the dining room and to your left is the drawing room. To the rear is the sitting room adjacent to the drawing room and the parlour which is connected to the dining room. A downstairs toilet room and stairs down to the basement kitchen complete this floor.

The basement kitchen has a utility room and 2 doors leading to a front and rear courtyard gardens. The front courtyard is mainly flowers and is for decoration whilst the rear courtyard is larger with space for vegetables to grow. There is also a washing line for all the lined to dry. No washing machine though, I have put minimum appliances in this house in keeping with the period it is supposed to be replicating.

The 1st floor (or second if you count the ground floor as the 1st and ignore the basement :/ ) has the 2 largest bedrooms in the house both with large ensuite bathrooms. Stairs leading up to the top floor have the remaining 4 bedrooms- 2 medium and 2 small- and all with their own bathrooms. I envisaged one of the smaller rooms for the live in nurse. Also on this top floor I included the library/study. It went here out of necessity mainly but its the ideal place to study in peace away from the hubbub of downstairs. :)

The gardens I had most fun with. The veranda at the rear of the property has steps leading down into the basement kitchen and also down into the gardens which in turn lead down to a walled-in, sunken garden. I also added a few trees and stripes to the lawn.

Really enjoyed this build and the massive budget so thank you @BuildnShare . Hope you all enjoy The Carrington. I am loving everyone's builds but time is preventing me from commenting individually. Good luck everyone.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes thanks
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 5IRP0cD.png[img][/img]ia908Vy.png

Post edited by glen1974 on

@glen1974 To create a hyperlinked word, use the following format: [*url="https://YourUrl.com"]Your Lot Name[*/url] Just replace with your info and take out the asterisks (*).

You can also type in your lot name, select it with your mouse, then click on the icon that looks like chain links right above the comment box. Then paste your url in the box that comes up.

(hope that's what you were asking!)

It was and thankyou very much!! All this time and I never knew how to do that!

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited June 2018
    Oh, plum, those are the candles I wish I'd had! :) They're perfect.
    image.png
  • Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2018

FORUM ID: cebu2cool
    ORIGIN ID:ElderJymm
    LEVEL: Established

LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/63824A286F5411E88F04017DA1D56E7E?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=elderjymm&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: §12,000
    LOT NAME: Dresden House
    BUILD COST: §487,486
    TOTAL COST: §499,486
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/pVdf83W
    ENTRY DETAILS: As I said in another post I fell in love with the look of the real life house and was determined to make it work. This was a bit outside my comfort zone and I ran out of simoleans (well almost out) at the end! I will probably do the modern build in the near future...love to get cool stairs first though!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please I would like to receive constructive criticism
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: CC free
    TWITTER TAG: ElderJymm
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Okay this once Jay Moonchild...oh wait it's in my Twitter profile
    TUMBLR LINK: I have one but it's just there
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

ZjhfhTr.jpg

enbR0Tu.jpg
    Post edited by Cebu2cool on
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Cebu2cool wrote: »
    FORUM ID: cebu2cool
    ORIGIN ID:ElderJymm
    LEVEL: Established

LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/63824A286F5411E88F04017DA1D56E7E?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=elderjymm&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: §12,000
    LOT NAME: Dresden House
    BUILD COST: §487,486
    TOTAL COST: §499,486
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/pVdf83W
    ENTRY DETAILS: As I said in another post I fell in love with the look of the real life house and was determined to make it work. This was a bit outside my comfort zone and I ran out of simoleans (well almost out) at the end! I will probably do the modern build in the near future...love to get cool stairs first though!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please I would like to receive constructive criticism
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: CC free
    TWITTER TAG: JimTracy4
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Okay this once Jay Moonchild...oh wait it's in my Twitter profile
    TUMBLR LINK: I have one but it's just there
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

ZjhfhTr.jpg

enbR0Tu.jpg

SOO cool!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    kilra0 wrote: »
    FORUM ID:kilra0
    ORIGIN ID:kilra0
    LOT: Brindleton Manor
    LOT COST: 4,000
    LOT NAME: Chateau Frise (Bridleton Bay)
    BUILD COST: 495, 684
    TOTAL COST: 499,684
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/UALshwR
    ENTRY DETAILS: To be honest I don't know very much about Regency and I read a lot about it now. At first I tried to build a house like Pemberley but it looked so wrong without a visible basement (hurra for everyone who done it so well - I'm very impressed folks :o ) so I decided to go for the Brighton Regency or what I think it is :) and also the garden I did twice. After I read they didn't liked strait lines which stood for the monarchy which doesn't seem to be very popular at this time I remodelled it to an english landscape garden and included a folly and popular ruins. I hope you like it and my interpetation is good enough for the expert level, nevertheless I learned so much, thank you <3
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    MsIgdPI.png
    8qXt8XF.png

SIGH .. this is amazing!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • MagsTheMagpieMagsTheMagpie Posts: 8 New Member
    CHALLENGE #96: A Truth Universally Acknowledged

(I really hope that you guys don't hate me for this, because this is my first ever post on this forum and I can't post pictures or links or anything. So... I'm so sorry!)

FORUM ID: MagsTheMagpie
    ORIGIN ID: magsthemagpie
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: It's "Pleske House" under magsthemagpie
    LOT COST: §3,000
    LOT NAME: Tail's End
    BUILD COST: §469,133
    TOTAL COST: §472,133
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is my first ever entry to any kind of real building challenge, and I had a lot of fun with it. Okay, so the Jane Austen fan-woman wanted six bedrooms and there's seven, but it came under budget and that's all that matters. I'm pretty proud of the faux-four-poster bed as well as the basement kitchen and larder. The maze is easy but adds a little extra class, and the kitchen garden is ready to go.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, thanks!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: My username is "jewishmagpie"
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Again, I'm really sorry about this!)
    (I really hope that you guys don't hate me for this, because this is my first ever post on this forum and I can't post pictures or links or anything. So... I'm so sorry!)

No Hate Here!
    I was short on posts too. But I jumped around the forum and commented o things that caught my eye. Did that enough to be able to enter the Mars Build. You have some time before tomorrow's deadline...I think it was extended for all. If not I'm sure you can get an extension too! Heck the hard part is done.

So time to get posting! :wink:

• ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    FORUM ID: Zayven
    ORIGIN ID: Zayven
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/18A873216F5F11E88B50017DA1D56E7E
    LOT NAME: Von-Windenburg Estate
    BUILD COST: 487,047
    LOT COST: 12,000
    TOTAL COST: 499,047
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/hOR7xoC

ENTRY DETAILS: I'm not sure I've ever put so much time into a build, between research, fiddling with learning the building system, experimenting with aesthetics, and all the rest of the work that goes into builds... I really wanted to see what I could do with a bit more time and no budget, but I'm still really happy with the end result. (I might've invested in a pack or two because of this build... *shifty eyes*) I feel like I've made some leaps and bounds with trying to get creative in making the game do things I wanted it to, like it being the first time I figured out how to hang curtains over a bed to seem realistic.

I've built to what my research and understanding produced, regarding general trends I saw, from L-shaped staircases, to grand open lawns, and lush gardens (with a love of roses thrown in). I tried to find little details to draw the rooms and spaces together to seem more like a uniform estate - the red room aside - because most grand estates have at least quirky bedroom, right? And, of course, every grand manor is haunted. ;) I tried to default to a more georgian style, which still seemed rather dominant the regency era style, with pictures EVERYWHERE and fireplaces and rugs in basically every room, and the larger bathrooms upstairs. Candles are the only source of light, and I tried to keep the tubs as accurate as I could in keeping with the general style. There seemed to be a lot of balancing of open space with somewhat cluttered decor which I found interesting and tried to recreate in the appropriate rooms. Almost everything is gilded in gold, and red is represented without being overpowering (again, except for the ridiculous "Red Room.")

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    tyzbglh.png
    y7OZ6JV.png
  • ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is my first ever entry to any kind of real building challenge, and I had a lot of fun with it. Okay, so the Jane Austen fan-woman wanted six bedrooms and there's seven, but it came under budget and that's all that matters. I'm pretty proud of the faux-four-poster bed as well as the basement kitchen and larder. The maze is easy but adds a little extra class, and the kitchen garden is ready to go.

If you break up the links, you can still 'post' them! Just add spaces in places to make the system not recognize them as links!
    edited June 2018
    Welcome to BuildnShare, @MagsTheMagpie ! I've added your lot link below. We will need a media slideshow as that is how we judge builds (there are so many EPs, SPs and GPs, and we can't require all our judges to have all of them). As @Zayven said, If you'll post a link to your slideshow with spaces or slashes you can get around the post count restriction for now. We can remove the extra spaces to view the media. Let us know if you need any help :)

For example: https : //imgur . com / a / UALshwR

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/V66vSFY

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Not that it means much BUT I'm ElderJymm over on Twitter now. Found out that I could change it!
  • audrhllaudrhll Posts: 22 Member
    FORUM ID:audrhll
    ORIGIN ID:audrhll
    LEVEL: starting out- my first build, and my first time using imgur, uploading and linking stuff, etc. As you can see, there were still things I haven't figured out... help! :)
    LOT: Hartfield (in gallery under my ID name) I can't figure out how/where to link it here
    LOT COST:8500.00
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point
    BUILD COST:491,499.00
    TOTAL COST: 499,999.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/9JKr7gB

ENTRY DETAILS: Going into this, I thought I had a pretty good grasp on the regency style, but I soon realized I was jumbling up quite a few different "literary time periods" in my mind.. E.M. Forster, Jane Austen, P.G. Wodehouse, John Fowles... However, I figured Jane is probably an anglophile at heart, and has room for more than just Jane Austen in her home :) Plus, I pictured her live-in nurse as a much younger, more modern girl, so I had to make her living space something that she would enjoy. Overall, I didn't want something too imposing- I wanted more of a country feel for Hartfield; something that might fit into a small village.. if Newcrest were to qualify as a small village.

I made the formal spaces on the first floor, and decided to give Jane a separate living space near the library and study. The modest amount of money" was inherited from her father, who was a bit of an eccentric, and quite a collector of "curiosities".. . which she also inherited. I imagine she'll spend quite a bit of time sneaking across the hall to filch books to read in bed, or to pore over some rare shell or piece of seaweed in the study.

The upstairs space is mostly for guest use... so, there are a few more TVs up there than you'll find on the first floor. There are still plenty of spaces for curling up with a good book, tho! And Beatrice, the nurse, is tickled pink with her mod cons... she's really more of a Stephen King fan, if she's going to be honest.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please!

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: This was hard.. I'm a big ol' softie for cc. But I limited myself to rugs and my garden pavers. I also used cc for the dress that Sara is wearing in the garden, but I didn't mention that, since she's really not part of the challenge.. I just wanted to make her! Both are from MTS, the floor pavers are are by Blackgryffin (old grassy floor pavement) and the rugs are from nafSims (Art Deco & Art Nouveau Rugs and Colors & Stripes Rugs) and BibiDoubleZero (Animal Rugs). Also, I used MOO and resizing throughout the build.

TWITTER TAG: I don't really twit.
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: I think I had one of those.. at some point long ago....
    TUMBLR LINK: umm.. yeah. not really.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: also can't figure out how to insert pictures... :/
    audrhll wrote: »
    FORUM ID:audrhll
    ORIGIN ID:audrhll
    LEVEL: starting out- my first build, and my first time using imgur, uploading and linking stuff, etc. As you can see, there were still things I haven't figured out... help! :)
    LOT: Hartfield (in gallery under my ID name) I can't figure out how/where to link it here

Welcome, @audrhll ! Have you shared your lot to the Gallery? When I search your Origin ID, I only see two items, both Sims. (https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=audrhll&max=50&maxis=false)

Please let us know if you need help uploading to the Gallery :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • audrhllaudrhll Posts: 22 Member
    Hello! So, I've probably botched it, somehow :) but I can see it on the community tab, but only if I search with the advanced "include custom content" box checked. Not sure if that is a problem for posting when it comes to the challenges.
  • glenkatkoglenkatko Posts: 885 Member
    FORUM ID: glenkatko
    ORIGIN ID: glenkatko
    LOT: Lost in Austen
    LOT COST: $3000
    LOT NAME: Optimist's Outlook (Newcrest)
    BUILD COST: $ 471,120
    TOTAL COST: $ 474,120
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/glenkatko/albums/72157697424982084/with/27916729247/
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have done a lot of building in Sims 3, but this is my first build in 4. (And probably my last, lol!)

I was drawn by the idea of the classic regency style. I did a lot of research and looked at lots of pictures online. I wanted to be as historically accurate as possible, within the limitations of the game. So my “bath” rooms are separated from the toilet rooms, which are mostly tucked away under staircases. And there are no modern conveniences in the kitchen or anywhere else.

My build is based on a terraced house, which is why there are no windows on either side. So the backyard garden is divided into two parts, the formal flower garden for relaxing and a separate vegetable and herb garden area which leads into the kitchen entrance.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used
    TWITTER TAG: glenkatko
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 27916848217_35cde2aa82_b.jpg1 by glenkatko, on Flickr

27916729247_a9d1822c95_b.jpg25 by glenkatko, on Flickr
    edited June 2018
    audrhll wrote: »
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: also can't figure out how to insert pictures... :/

Since you have Imgur you are most of the way there. It's just a few clicks to get the proper link you need. It's the BB Code for message boards

NOTE the arrow pointing up in the top image may look confusing....the spot you want to click is the word "images"

vEdHF5B.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top