The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Livestream!

simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
what things do you hope theyll cover ?
Post edited by simsonthemoon on

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,394 Member
    The scouts is really what I want to see
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Holidays.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Thermostat and holidays.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Elliee1984Elliee1984 Posts: 302 Member
    Holidays and flower arranging.
    I'm hoping to see both ice skating and indoor roller rink skating.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    New harvestables, the options for holiday traditions, the thermostat and any new traits/lot traits.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I'd like to see the holidays in more detail and also get a good look at the new CAS stuff.
    #Team Occult
    I want to see all of buy and build mode.
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Everything we can and then some!
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I want to find out whether skating is a skill and how many levels are in the flower arranging skill. I'm also curious about scouting -- whether it's kids and teens or if adults can do it, too.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,394 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I want to find out whether skating is a skill and how many levels are in the flower arranging skill. I'm also curious about scouting -- whether it's kids and teens or if adults can do it, too.
    Well, flower arranging would have to work hand in hand with the career so it's safe to assume 10 levels. Skating was also a skill TS3, and also I'm betting 10 as well. More tricks available and less likelihood to fall as it increases.
  • simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    im definitely hoping to see more about the thermostat
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited June 2018
    I think they'll mostly pass the CAS items and go straight into game mode. They'll probably cover the new holidays and traditions system, scouts and the thermostat feature. Can someone remind me of the time the event takes place? I've seen so many livestreams but still forget.
    Post edited by gothprincess4ever on
    I think they'll mostly pas the CAS items and go straight to game mode. They'll probably cover the new holidays and traditions system, scouts and the thermostat feature. Can someone remind me of the time the event takes place? I've seen so many livestreams but still forget.

11am Pacific 2pm Eastern.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I think they'll mostly pas the CAS items and go straight to game mode. They'll probably cover the new holidays and traditions system, scouts and the thermostat feature. Can someone remind me of the time the event takes place? I've seen so many livestreams but still forget.

8 pm GMT+2 (Western Europe).
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.

8 pm GMT+2
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »

8 pm GMT+2

Wouldn't that be GMT+1? I think it's 8 pm for me in Norway. 7 pm in Britain.
    edited June 2018
    I thought so, but when I looked it up, it seemed the time was GMT+2 for Amsterdam, probably because of the Dutch summertime.

Edit: the zone is GMT +2 because GMT +1 is one hour earlier than it’s now for me, when I look it up.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I'm really confused, I was sure it was Friday but now I read somewhere it is tomorrow. When is it?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    I'm really confused, I was sure it was Friday but now I read somewhere it is tomorrow. When is it?

It’s the15th, SimGuru George made a mistake.
  • KxylaSxmsKxylaSxms Posts: 7 New Member
    I really want them to make a new holiday build, like decorating for Christmas and Halloween.
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member

It's the fifteenth!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    I thought so, but when I looked it up, it seemed the time was GMT+2 for Amsterdam, probably because of the Dutch summertime.

Edit: the zone is GMT +2 because GMT +1 is one hour earlier than it’s now for me, when I look it up.

GMT = Greenwich Mean Time, as in Greenwich London.
    That's why Amsterdam is currently shown as GMT+2

In winter, Amsterdam is actually GMT+1, or differently said, in winter, when it's 1 am in London (GMT) = 2 am in Amsterdam (CET).

But we're currently in BST (British Summer Time = GMT+1) and in CEST (Central European Summer Time = CET+1).

So if you're comparing the current, actual time in England (= BST) to the current actual time in Amsterdam (= CEST), you'd only see one hour difference, because in Amsterdam, it's currently:
    BST+1 (= CEST), or
    21:24 pm BST = 22:24 pm CEST

If, however, you compare the current time in GMT to, still, the current actual time in Amsterdam (still in CEST), you'd end up with:
    BST-1 to calculate current time in GMT = so not 21:24, but in fact 20:24
    Whilst in Amsterdam, in CEST, it's still 22:24 pm :D

So yes, if in Summer you compare GMT (and not BST, or 20:24 pm) to the current time in CEST (or 22:24 pm), you end up with a time difference of GMT+2 :dizzy:

Like this basically:
    http://www.timebie.com/timezone/greenwichmeanamsterdam.php
    http://www.timebie.com/timezone/britishsummeramsterdam.php

I know that probably absolutely no one cares, but I like time zones, and I felt some confusion, so here ya go :D

ETA: edited example for clarity
    Thanks, @SimTrippy! That’s really interesting! And I actually wish we’d get rod of summer time, but that’s a different discussion altogether :D.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Thanks, @SimTrippy! That’s really interesting! And I actually wish we’d get rod of summer time, but that’s a different discussion altogether :D.

Hahaha me too! Summer time makes everything more complicated, especially pack releases xD