Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

problems sleeping

Is anyone having problems with their sims staying in bed? my sims won't stay in bed to sleep even with the needs in red.. it's annoying. If anyone knows a fix for this please let me know.. Thanks

Comments

• ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Is there a radio on inside the room? or a sim playing an instrument? Those are usually the first 2 things that would make your sim wake up from their slumber. :)
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    any pets in the house?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • audrhllaudrhll Posts: 22 Member
    Also, do you have bed mods/cc? I was having that issue with a particular sim- tried everything but nothing worked. I could get her to nap on the couch, but she would not stay in bed- she would get in, and then immediately get back up. Finally switched out the bed with a different version, and it fixed it. Good luck!
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited June 2018
    There isn't any noise in the room or pets waking them up.. No mods for beds.. I think I will try giving them a different bed and see if that works.. thanks for all the suggestions..

switching the beds didn't work.. don't know what it is.sounds like what audrhil was having a problem with but the bed switching didn't work for me..
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I have had this happen before it only happened every once in the while. they get into bed then get back out immediately
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,421 Member
    Try "testingcheats true" and shift click on your sim to reset. Sometimes if my sim isn't acting properly that usually snaps them out of it.
    @CrystalAbyss1 I'll try that and see.. It's a family of three two adults and a toddler. the toddler does it to grrr.. they get in bed and they get right back up even if dead tired..crazy sims lol
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    I did notice that some of them suddenly got energized in their sleep, which woke them up. At least once I got the message that the Sim was too energized to sleep.
    image.png
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Do you direct your Sim's to sleep or do they do it by free will?
    2UFyFUV.png

• MattieMayfairMattieMayfair Posts: 29 Member
    I have the opposite problem in my current household. The dad will stay in bed and sleep the day away even with all the motive bars in the green. Everyone else goes about in the home doing their daily activities just fine. I actually find it pretty funny.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    @MattieMayfair, I have that happen all the time with toddlers in particular. They'll need to eat and use the potty, but they stay in bed even wth the bar full.
    image.png
    @vikixc I let my sims go to bed on their own. @MattieMayfair and TresaofPern I have had a few sims like that still sleeping with full bars but it has been only one member of the family that does this. This is the entire family and their needs are too low.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    @MattieMayfair, I have that happen all the time with toddlers in particular. They'll need to eat and use the potty, but they stay in bed even wth the bar full.

This is how you get wet beds. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    @vikixc I let my sims go to bed on their own. @MattieMayfair and TresaofPern I have had a few sims like that still sleeping with full bars but it has been only one member of the family that does this. This is the entire family and their needs are too low.

My Sims wake up early unless I instruct them to sleep. If you queue other actions when they go to sleep on their own they will immediately wake up and do it
    2UFyFUV.png

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Are they using single beds? I'm having this problem but only with two single beds that were placed with MOO. The full bed works fine. I just assumed it was a CC problem that I'm going to have to deal with sooner or later.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Just a side note: Toddlers with less than level 3 intelligence sleep less consistently and have frequent nightmares.

Last time I had a problem with Sims not staying in bed, it turned out that they had music on in their room even though I thought I had checked for that. Also, pets and toddlers seem to be able to wake up other Sims even when walls are in between.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    My pets are constantly waking my sims up
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Just a side note: Toddlers with less than level 3 intelligence sleep less consistently and have frequent nightmares.

Last time I had a problem with Sims not staying in bed, it turned out that they had music on in their room even though I thought I had checked for that. Also, pets and toddlers seem to be able to wake up other Sims even when walls are in between.
    Are you serious about the toddlers? I just put the night light near them and they get a nice happy buff from waking up near it.

Lock the bedroom door for pets (and toddlers).

Regarding toddlers; mine don't always wake up with that moodlet when their int is below lvl 3. Also, sometimes they wake up shortly after going to bed wanting to play with something. Despite the night light being placed right above their heads. (I use the correct light, btw)

Doors can’t be locked to pets, I tried locking out my German shepherd from my master bedroom because it has 2 different entrances and there was no option to choose him.
    edited June 2018
    Doors can’t be locked to pets, I tried locking out my German shepherd from my master bedroom because it has 2 different entrances and there was no option to choose him.

Yes, they can. You can choose to lock a door for all pets.

C3sLm9G.png

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018

They can. There's "Lock Door for All Cats, All Dogs or All Pets." I don't see a way to lock out a specific pet without using mods, however.
    Nindigo wrote: »

Yes, they can. You can choose to lock a door for all pets.

zoSlxVg.png
    I’ll try again then, it only gave me options to lock out butlers, and the children.
  • Dallasking2018Dallasking2018 Posts: 73 Member
    ive had the issue before its crazy but i did the debug thing and it fixed all that problem with the sleeping