The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    So I have a question if anyone sees this and knows. Will the seasons change in real time like when it’s Summer in the real world it’s Summer in The Sims or will you be able to choose which season it is and when. But honestly soooo excited for this.

If it took three months in real time for seasons to change in the game, a whole generation could come and go in one season. That woudn't be very much fun. No holidays, no snow (unless you're in Winter, then no summer sun).
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    I do know they said when you start the game in whatever world you are in , you set the season you want to start with and it goes from there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's only true for the saves created before Seasons. New saves after Seasons will be always starting with summer.

Nope, we can pick the starting season every time we start a new save game, as well as for any we started previously.

Ok, thank you for clarification. I went back to that tweet and that was the question saying about starting with summer - I must've remembered that rather than the actual answer :)
  • Simslver123Simslver123 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi, so if anyone remembers in the trailer for seasons, a man was struck by lighting and got powers. Does that mean we will get supernatural powers if we survive a lighting strike?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    Some have speculated that the sim has one of the new reward traits: Storm Chaser
  • cbarber130cbarber130 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm so excited for this expansion pack. Just in time for my birthday too! :)
  • JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    If making our own holidays is what it appears to be, I think it's a brilliant way to allow each player to create the sort of world desired. Which, I think, is what the game is for. It appears I can have religious holidays without interfering with the non-religious player's desire to not have them. Thank you.
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • caramelcoppcaramelcopp Posts: 118 Member
    Does anyone here know the time seasons will be released like p.m. or a.m.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Midnight, whatever time zone you're in.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

But some people have said that it says 11pm for them, or 9pm.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    It depends on where you are. I live in Germany, and new stuff always unlocks around 6 pm for me.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

If it's at Midnight, it will be PST. From there, you calculate the time in your zone. This way it is available to everyone at the same moment - nobody gets it before anyone else.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

If it's at Midnight, it will be PST. From there, you calculate the time in your zone. This way it is available to everyone at the same moment - nobody gets it before anyone else.

Midnight New York time, actually. Lucky west coasters don't have to pull an all-nighter to play :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I'm in Central Time, so midnight for me
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2018
    If making our own holidays is what it appears to be, I think it's a brilliant way to allow each player to create the sort of world desired. Which, I think, is what the game is for. It appears I can have religious holidays without interfering with the non-religious player's desire to not have them. Thank you.

Totally! Its great that they've added in more features to tailor your game to how you like it :smiley:

From what I have seen it follows the same format as the clubs in Get Together. So yeah, you could probably make some fun silly holidays like a gift giving and streaking holiday :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    I'm so excited for seasons. I'm pumped for the calendar, I'm excited about creating holidays and giving gifts. The closer it gets the more excited I am. My only worry is shall I start my story now, or wait until weather? Hmmm....
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    IKR?! I CAN'T WAIT !!
  • KxylaSxmsKxylaSxms Posts: 7 New Member
    IM SO EXCITEDD!
  • YoloHoppYoloHopp Posts: 1 New Member
    Will it also include new deaths?
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,394 Member
    YoloHopp wrote: »
    Will it also include new deaths?
    IIRC overheat and freeze to death, if you play with the thermostat you can do it torture sims they said
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi, so if anyone remembers in the trailer for seasons, a man was struck by lighting and got powers. Does that mean we will get supernatural powers if we survive a lighting strike?

They said it wasn't a new life state. My guess is that it is the new reward trait "storm chaser" that maybe prevents you from getting struck by lightning. So I stead of getting struck by it, it kind of sends it back to where it came from.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    I'm in Central Time, so midnight for me

It would be 11:00 pm for you New York in in Eastern time zone.
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member

Do you guys think the Get To Work Freeze Ray + Freezing to death = Sims ending the lives of other Sims? .. :smirk:
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    edited June 2018

Do you guys think the Get To Work Freeze Ray + Freezing to death = Sims ending the lives of other Sims? .. :smirk:

Maybe if they're left standing there instead of being thawed. Hmm...I just might have my scientist try it out. ;)
    image.png
  • aria2345aria2345 Posts: 33 Member
    The hype for seasons is so real right now. :) I also heard that we're getting glass roofs. Which is great, I love modern style buildings. I really want to renovate my house in Newcrest, but I've been putting it off so I can stuff the lot with seasons stuff! lol
    Check out my Legacy Blog! I'm not much of a writer- but I think I'm funny. Though- humor is subjective. :)
    viridivalues.weebly.com
  • kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    aria2345 wrote: »
    The hype for seasons is so real right now. :) I also heard that we're getting glass roofs. Which is great, I love modern style buildings. I really want to renovate my house in Newcrest, but I've been putting it off so I can stuff the lot with seasons stuff! lol

Glass roofs and overhaul on gardening is coming out before Seasons as a free update.