Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are y'all playing a lot before Seasons, or waiting until release?

Comments

• Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I'm just creating a lot of Sims which I'll later combine into families and households. :smile:
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I'll probably wait until the next sale on Origin which will be like torture to me since there seems to be a lot of features to explore and I don't want to know too much before actually playing it. In the meantime, I'm actually pondering whether I should buy Jungle Adventure while it's on sale or if I should wait for the next sale before getting it at a better price.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I've been trying to play with my legacy househould, but I just can't concentrate... I want to make it reach the third generation or so, but I keep imagining seasons all around the world and my mood to play instantly disappears.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm waiting & I play TS2 & TS3 while waiting.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    i've recently reinstalled the sims3, and i've been playing with that because i have the seasons ep on there. im just so excited for june 22nd, can you believe it's in 12 days? anyway, i just play ts3 seasons to hold myself down until the release. im considering buying a new ep for ts4 to hold myself down, because the more information that gets released for this new ep, the less patient i get. :D
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I've been trying to play with my legacy househould, but I just can't concentrate... I want to make it reach the third generation or so, but I keep imagining seasons all around the world and my mood to play instantly disappears.

Same here... I just keep imagining what my new fav house will look like in the snow <3
    nMNQcHM.png
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Yes. I just made a new Sim yesterday, I moved her into Oasis Springs and moved her into the Caliente after evicting the Caliente household so my Sim could have that house. She met Jade Rosa at work, the two hit it off right away, and are now in a strong relationship, and are still co-workers
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited June 2018
    I've been playing a different game for a short while, but I've gotten tired of it and am itching to play Sims again. However, now I don't want to start up my Sims game until Seasons is released, so, my gaming is pretty much on hold right now :neutral:
  • pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    I was. But, the closer we get to release, the less I can play it. I keep changing the story I have in my head. I think I will play a bit this week, but I'll focus on preparing my old legacy save for seasons.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    I was. But, the closer we get to release, the less I can play it. I keep changing the story I have in my head. I think I will play a bit this week, but I'll focus on preparing my old legacy save for seasons.
    Me too! I wanted to keep my toddler a toddler and make friends with the toddler next door so they can both enjoy the kiddie pool but right now the next door toddler isn’t liking her! I’m thinking should I let it go then and age them to children so they get more interactions. The sooner the date is coming the worse PEPS gets :#

• pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    Me too! I wanted to keep my toddler a toddler and make friends with the toddler next door so they can both enjoy the kiddie pool but right now the next door toddler isn’t liking her! I’m thinking should I let it go then and age them to children so they get more interactions. The sooner the date is coming the worse PEPS gets :#

Oh! I completely forgot about the kiddie pool! Right now my founders don't have anymore toddlers. But their first born is married now. I think I have enough time before release to get them pregnant, have the baby then age him or her up. Ugh I'm so excited!
  • audrhllaudrhll Posts: 22 Member
    Originally, I had planned on slowing down and not playing a lot- not doing much "prep work"until seasons arrived... but now, reading everyone's comments, I'm getting some great ideas. I think I better kick it into high gear, so I'll be ready in time :)
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I tried to start a new Asylum Challenge save file, so I can keep myself somewhat busy until the release day. Thank goodness I'm applying for a Master's degree (I've studied Veterinary Medicine) and I spend most of the time working and studying on a daily basis, so hopefully I won't go into crazy mode until next Friday... The PEPS is real, though. :D
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I recently purchased Cats & Dogs and Jungle Adventure so I've got plenty of new content to play with.
  • emmapattyemmapatty Posts: 19 Member
    I'm just playing as usual. Summer just began so I can't help but play for several hours every day! I just got a new computer too so I have a very fresh world to play in :) I haven't even thought about preparing for Seasons.
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I can't help but play. Every child born makes me excited that they will get to experience soon. But likely the newborn twins I'm playing will be old or dead before Seasons comes out. That makes me sad actually.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    kemisz wrote: »
    I can't help but play. Every child born makes me excited that they will get to experience soon. But likely the newborn twins I'm playing will be old or dead before Seasons comes out. That makes me sad actually.
    Turn off auto-age, did this in my game and am taking the time to level up skills while I wait

• YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I'm playing my couple on aging off, waiting for seasons to come and THEN make them a family of 3 kids:)

-Yarden.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I'm currently kinda cheating on Sims with House Flipper till Seasons comes out
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Haven't played for about a month or so, Switched over to Minecraft and Kingdom Hearts.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    kemisz wrote: »
    Turn off auto-age, did this in my game and am taking the time to level up skills while I wait

This is a good suggestion, but I kind of suck at playing with ageing off. Oh well, thanks for that though!
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I’d like to build some lots but I hurt my sciatic nerve about a month ago. :| I can’t sit down still so I’ve been working on blueprint sketches to brainstorm buildings and holidays instead.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I am playing, but can't help thinking about Seasons all the time and making preparations in my head. :D

For example, my Lara Croft sim will have a daughter soon that is based on the new Lara Croft, and it would be fitting for her to be a girl scout, so I have to wait for Seasons.

I've created a family with four sons that each represent one season/element, but the spring/earth boy is supposed to become a gardener, and because of this, among other things, I have to wait for Seasons.

An elderly couple has been sitting in my gallery for a while, patiently waiting for the day when the game makes it possible for them to become florists, like in the novel they're from, and now there's going to be a way, but I still have to wait for Seasons.

I'm planning a "Hall of Seasons" community lot, where visitors can experience every season at any time of the year, but I wouldn't make much sense to build it now without the season-related items, so I have to wait for Seasons.

I want to turn Magnolia Promenade into Arctic Promenade, a place of eternal winter, and I've already recoloured the world map to make it look snowy, but for the actual snow in Live Mode, I have to... yeah, you get the idea.

And that's not even getting into the holidays I'm thinking about...
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited June 2018
    Not playing at all. I doubt I will start playing when it comes out too though, so I may not actually buy it right away, despite looking forward to it. The issue is that the only PC game I've been playing for months now is the Witcher 3, and after I've beaten it (last week), I decided to replay through it again from the beginning, and I'm gonna be too busy playing that to play any other game. The Sims may have to wait.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've been combination playing and remodeling -- about ready to take a break from playing because I don't want my Sim kids to get much older before Seasons hits. My three rotational families all have children -- the Thornes have twin boys, Ashton and Albert, the O'Dourkes have a single daughter, Selena, and Gerald Cline just had a half-alien son, Castor, to go along with older daughter Vela. Might work on more building and remodeling the next week; I want to remodel houses to fit in fireplaces where possible and plan out how to remodel some of the parks to add in swings or skating rinks.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)