Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Computer reading disk, but game saying no disk?

So I got the World Adventures expansion pack about 2 weeks ago now. All worked fine and it was all good- there was no issues.

That lasted for about a week. Now, whenever I try to launch the game from my mac I keep getting a message that says "Please insert disk and retry" but my disk is in there! The computer is reading the disk, as the little icon comes up which says "Sims3EP01" so I don't understand why the game won't launch? Most of the time, the game will begin to launch and go through the opening credits and when it gets to the main menu a window appears which says "insert game disk World Adventures to proceed"

I tried to reinstall the game, and it worked one time then once again after I get out of the game and turn my mac off, when I come back to launch it I get the no disk message. I also thought it may have been the disk, so I took it back to the shop I bought it from and exchanged it for a different one but I am still getting the same insert disk message.

I never had any problems with the original Sims 3 disk, it's only now with the expansion pack.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Any help would be really good.

Comments

• MaikenvvMaikenvv Posts: 14
    edited December 2009
    Do you have a anti-virus application? 'Cause I had the same problem. Every time I entered my disc, it would start scanning it first. That way I couldn't use the game for the whole disc was scanned. :shock:

I've turned it off in the anti-virus app and now everything works.
  • plzkthnxplzkthnx Posts: 8 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Oh! That might be the reason!

I have norton anti virus, and it keeps trying to scan the disk. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll try turning it off.
  • MaikenvvMaikenvv Posts: 14
    edited December 2009
    If you have Norton, you have the same problem as me. Just turn it off in the settings. There you can find all the disc it scans.