Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where should the Ottomas family live?

notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
They come with seasons so Riverblossom Hills is a nice idea - especially being so quiet/pretty. Perfect place to quietly raise a big family!

On the other hand Desiderata Valley screams "soccermom minivan" to me and I feel like that is the life they should have. Kids activities, etc.

Where have you placed your Ottomas fam?

Comments

• TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    In the Sim Bin where they belong. Mwah-hahahahahaha!

The only time I've ever actually played the Ottomas family was when I placed them in my custom neighborhood called Legacy Valley. They were used as place holders for the Legacy Challenge album I was working on at the time. At that time the Ottomas family was so bad to place in neighborhoods because of glitches their family caused. In my game, Sam had a baby fathered by a local stray dog according to the family tree. That family could really break a neighborhood. Those were the days. Thank the sim Gods those glitches were fixed in later patches.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yup leave them in the family bin too. :D I don't really play the pre-mades anymore, haven't in years. I prefer to play my own sims now.

In the Sim Bin where they belong. Mwah-hahahahahaha!

The only time I've ever actually played the Ottomas family was when I placed them in my custom neighborhood called Legacy Valley. They were used as place holders for the Legacy Challenge album I was working on at the time. At that time the Ottomas family was so bad to place in neighborhoods because of glitches their family caused. In my game, Sam had a baby fathered by a local stray dog according to the family tree. That family could really break a neighborhood. Those were the days. Thank the sim Gods those glitches were fixed in later patches.

:joy::D:joy::D LOL!!!! Man that family was soooooo glitchy back in the day. Ahhh fond memories... not really.

• notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    Oh my gosh LOL well yea that glitch made me stay away but now that it's not an issue and I love big families, I want to give them a try!
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Oh my gosh LOL well yea that glitch made me stay away but now that it's not an issue and I love big families, I want to give them a try!

Then you should! I love big families also. I just usually like to make them. :D I think that glitch kept a lot of people away, and probably still does even if it has been fixed. Hard to change that mind set when you spent so long giving them the stink eye. :D
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I love large family and when I need some ugly mixed into my hood I include them. Though they have some ugly going on, I am also drawn to their sweetens and I really think David or the teen boy if I got his name wrong, is really attractive.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    I always loved the challenge of playing them. Everything has been so much easier since the Sims2 days.
    There is a large house that came with Riverblossom Hills. It takes most of there money which makes
    it fun.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I leave them in the sim bin, too much of a P.I.T.A. to include them. The sole exception was years ago on a long dead now computer where my sim brought her home as a friend from work. Odd thing was they got along like a house afire, so after I forget how many times she came over I did the old 'add neighbor to family' cheat. She popped twins not long thereafter, and taking care of two babies was a howling adventure. In due course they aged up to toddlers. Won't say they were ugly, but a Volkswagen run over by a Sherman tank looked better. (There's a video on utube out there somewhere, fun to watch) Been too many years to remember exactly what I did, but think it was use SIMPE to boot the brats to a household I never played.
  • BittersweetBittersweet Posts: 23 Member
    LOL some hilarious comments here. I remember in my original game years ago, I placed them in one of the neighborhoods. I went wild with playing almost all of the premades.

I just installed UC a couple days ago so I'm starting over again and focusing right now on the Pleasantview premades. I'm not planning on placing the Ottomas family since the family size is a hassle and I'd rather catch up with my old favorites.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I always added them to Pleasantview with all my other favourite premades.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    In my game it never mattered which world or if a custom world. What mattered is the vacant lot, and weather. >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Yesterday, in a new game, my sim had Sammi O. as a work friend. Tried calling her to chat, but no phone for her. Installed the mob into a house with phone to enable said calling. Discovered that EA made a bad goof that made for a 1 hour window when the child and toddler would be home alone, a sure trigger for the social worker to arrive. Would be worse once mama-san pops the twins. Wound up having granny skip work to provide the coverage. EA's brilliant play was for granny and teen son to leave for work by 3 (car pools showing up at 2) but parents not home until 3 or later. Talk about a fast ticket to no kids!
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I don't even bother with the family. I send David straight to University and put him in the YA Sim Bin with a household of other teens.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    They come with seasons so Riverblossom Hills is a nice idea - especially being so quiet/pretty. Perfect place to quietly raise a big family!

On the other hand Desiderata Valley screams "soccermom minivan" to me and I feel like that is the life they should have. Kids activities, etc.

Where have you placed your Ottomas fam?

First thing: download corrected versions of all premade families/neighborhoods. I have some links if you are interested.
    Also, hm... I remember back in the day i played them in a custom neighborhood alongside other families from the bin, you should try that. Creating a neighborhood for those families should be part of the fun, as they don't belong anywhere. But, i would add them to Desiderata Valley
    which screams "soccermom minivan". haha