Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible farm life GP hint in the seasons holiday trailer...

TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
9a4n2u7l0r211.png

I know it's just a painting... but a painting of what?.... heck yeah.. a barn in a farm with fences... seems like a Farm Life GP to me.....
I know it's too early at this moment.... but I'm just specualting.

I know a lot of people will say that it may not be a hint after all. But how do you explain this ff.
- A wall deco in Parenthood GP with 4 swatches showing a calendar with seasons and cats and dogs.
- The obvious seasons hint in Cats and Dogs calendars

y'all got bread?
Post edited by TheIntrovertSimmer on

Comments

• rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    edited June 2018
    Well i mean it could be they always leave what feels to me like hints. For example the vet play set in parenthood and the calenders in pets. Now that i think of it they didn;t only hint at the theme but also the gameplay in c&d we can become vets and there is the new calender system in Seasons but maybe that's just me speculating :wink:
  • EMZ_1EMZ_1 Posts: 42 Member
    hope so
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    There's no picture.
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Nice catch! Hope you are right!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2018
    It's definitely a hint. You can say what you want, but they definitely do these.
    3HQFfTh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    In fact it might even be concept art from a Farming pack.
    a256aFi.gif
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I don’t see an image...
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    I don’t see an image...

3HQFfTh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    a256aFi.gif
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Ohhhhh! How exciting!!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Geez, at this rate the Sims team can't put ANYTHING in decor or it'll be viewed as a hint. I think all future decor should be painted a simple color & that's it. Problem solved.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Reminds me of the farm you see in the distance of Brindleton Bay. And yes I think they definitely hint, even if they say they don't ^^ just like they've been hinting a lot at magic and at, at least sometimes I think so, some kind of school system.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Geez, at this rate the Sims team can't put ANYTHING in decor or it'll be viewed as a hint. I think all future decor should be painted a simple color & that's it. Problem solved.

This is nothing new. People like to see hints absolutely everywhere. Thought bubbles, Deco objects, object flavor text, some tweet made by a guru that has nothing to do with the sims...anything is fair game for the hint-hunters.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    That's a great hint if it is true. I'm one of the people who were whining for farm/rural stuff.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »

This is nothing new. People like to see hints absolutely everywhere. Thought bubbles, Deco objects, object flavor text, some tweet made by a guru that has nothing to do with the sims...anything is fair game for the hint-hunters.

And still some things are strangely coincidental :) like the books about seasons + the calendar (with pets on it) + the little vet toy in Parenthood, or the cracker that said pets and seasons would come together. And at the very least, they're not being released all that far apart, especially when looking at the usual release cycle for EPs in TS4. And at the time, they were probably already working on both. Also, laundry day IMHO also hints towards things in seasons. Like that floral arrangement saying something about gardening skill. Coincidence? xD even the design and feel of some of the things that "weren't hints" look surprisingly much like some of the content released not too far thereafter. So yes, I still think they do hide little hints for things to come in their packs. Might be wrong but so far, whenever a lot of people noticed the same hints, the packs they believed them to be about were rarely far behind.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    edited June 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Reminds me of the farm you see in the distance of Brindleton Bay. And yes I think they definitely hint, even if they say they don't ^^ just like they've been hinting a lot at magic and at, at least sometimes I think so, some kind of school system.
    When did they hint at a school system? I only ever see Simmers being so sure the next pack will be University, but I never once saw something that could be a hint...
    And I guess the magic/witch hint is supposed to be the wreath from Laundry Day?

I don't see these things :| In hindsight you can find hints for everything. Even if they released a pack with dwarves or submarines people would probably find "hints" in older packs.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    edited June 2018
    -- deleted (accidental double post) --
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I am DESPERATE for a farming expansion. I love seeing all of the different towns, but I live in the midwest and want a rural style world!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @SimTrippy wrote: »

Thing is though, Pets were strongly hinted in Get To Work and look how long that took to get.

We have paintings in the game now from the base game that show places we’ll probably never get in The Sims 4.

I think people forget the paintings in the game are often just drawings the art team do and then add to the game. There was a comment made ages ago that a lot of the artwork in The Sims are just digital paintings that they decided to throw in, because they’re easy to do, but weren’t made for the pack. Some paintings are. But a lot aren’t.
  • Foxrox77Foxrox77 Posts: 17 Member
    Whether it's a hint or not, it would be cool to see a farming GP sometime in the future. I'd certainly like to think that the picture might be a hint of something to come though :smile:
    ~ Kitty
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    What's all this fuzz about a farm expansion anyway?
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I've personally never gotten the hype around Farming. I'd much rather have them flesh out the existing life states more like Elder, Teen and Adult.
  • PRSJMSPRSJMS Posts: 66 Member
    I've never been into Farm life myself, but since the sims is a life simulator it would be awesome to have some more variety in terms of how our sims live! :) And a lot of people want it so I hope they do it.

(Also, as a side note, I'll never understand why people complain about those who take every tiny hint to discuss about. This is the speculation and rumour forum, what else are we supposed to do here? :tongue: )
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    I've personally never gotten the hype around Farming. I'd much rather have them flesh out the existing life states more like Elder, Teen and Adult.

They're working on that, too. We can have both.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited June 2018

Well, when I saw the no toddler sign in Windenburg.... I figured the would have toddlers, and then when they had that bottle in dine out, I thought the same thing.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Jean wrote: »

Same here. I don't get the ''Farming'' appeal, but sure, if people really want it, why not?

Maybe it's fun. x)