Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long do you guys spend in CAS?

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I usually spend about 4 minutes slapping them into shape, then about 3 weeks picking outfits.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • PlumbobMeganPlumbobMegan Posts: 31 Member
    I can spend about 40 minutes to an hour and a half in CAS. Depending on how big the family is.
    Check out my Youtube Channel
    Origin ID: X_LadyAzura_X (Changed it to PlumbobMegan) Search #PBMegan
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    about 30 minutes, hard part is choosing their clothes cause sometimes I'll find a nice outfit for everyday but then I a nicer one and I'm left deciding.
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Uhhhh... it depends. I have all four games. (I still don't know how I managed to get TS1 to run on Windows 10 but I did... I mostly play that to try to kill off the Drew Carey townie that comes to your parties sometimes. I want to entomb him in a 1x1 square with floor to ceiling windows and keep the grim reaper there forever.)

Uh anyway, that wasn't weird at all...

Sims 1, it's literally always the same Sim. It's an old lady with a floral hat and a miniskirt. I'd tell you her name, but I would get banned.

Sims 2, it depends. The BodyShop is so much more inhibiting than TS3 and TS4 so I just kind of click random things until I get one that doesn't look like a sasquatch. About 15 minutes probably.

Sims 3 takes me the longest because I have hundreds, and I mean HUNDREDS, of custom sliders. Let's just say I have a TS3 sim that I've been working on for 7 years. But for what I'd call the "first draft," about 1.5 hours or so.

TS4, I still haven't gotten the hang of the body thingy. I can get a sim to look okay from the front and then when I turn them to the side they look like a toucan. I made my Simself and that took me 2.5 hours. The quickest I ever did one was at QuakeCon last year when we were waiting for a group to get together for some sweet, sweet Civilization VI and I made a Sims 4 Sim in about 30 minutes. I even got to play with her for a few because everyone we were waiting on for Civ VI kept having to go to the toilet or they ordered a pizza or maybe they were in the bathroom eating pizza; I have no idea. I think I still have her though. I do have to say even though she was a Sim that didn't take long to make, she's one of my cutest.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • TwilightSimmerTwilightSimmer Posts: 97 Member
    My shortest time was 45 minutes and a young adult sim and her teenage sister but I have spent up to 2 days (Fulfilling my needs and going to school in between) on a family consisting of an adult mom, a teen boy, and girl who are twins, child triplets who are all girls and a child brother who is younger than them. They all only had one outfit per category! It really just depends on how I feel while making the sim(s).
  • UniteSimsUniteSims Posts: 142 Member
    Hours... Days... A couple of times it's been weeks or longer. I tend to go back and edit some sims multiple times and for long periods of time here and there until I get them right. But usually an hour or two each one.

In short however, I concur with the above comment. Way.Too. Much.

Also @Unitii your girl is gorgeous! I love her freckles, they are adorable and her face is just beautiful. :)

Thank you! I actually updated her a little, so her style is a little less edgy, maybe I'll show pictures. Again thank you!
    tell me how good it feels to be needed
    here it is
    Stupid image... hold on...
    fM3zgVT.png

Torl8Fs.png

Now we got it
    Her new style! I hope you guys like it.
    More photos! This is a different outfit.

BphJlsA.png

78UkDDP.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Longest I've taken is about 3 hours on a Sim; typically though I take 1 1/2 hrs on a single Sim and maybe 2 on couples or families. I think I spend more time in CAS than I actually do playing lol.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    I sometimes wonder if I spend more time in CAS than playing. xD I really like to make some of the characters from my stories. And I like to fill all the outfits, so I end up making 25 different outfit for each one. So yeah, I usually spend at least around 1 1/2 hrs, maybe 3 hrs making one single sim. But I, too, usually end up modifying them later on, so...
    gGelhII.png
    I think I spend more time in CAS than I actually do playing lol.

SAMEEEEE
  • JasumiJasumi Posts: 521 Member
    I think the real question is how much time do I spend NOT in CAS :smiley:
  • Foxrox77Foxrox77 Posts: 17 Member
    Honestly, it normally takes me 2+ hours on each sim. By the time I'm finished creating them, I usually don't even feel like playing anymore, lol.
    ~ Kitty
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    i make more girls than guys and i say i take 30mins - 1hr on girls and 20mins- 35 mins on guys
    I agree-girls usually take longer.
    Jasumi wrote: »
    I think the real question is how much time do I spend NOT in CAS :smiley:

omigod your profile pic is so realistic
  • JustineannJustineann Posts: 43 Member
    I’m so relieved to read this thread and see I’m not the only one who can take up to two hours in CAS lol
  • Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    I sometimes spend 2 hours on a sim, sometimes I just can't find an outfit for them.
  • sinsimmersinsimmer Posts: 40 Member
    I usually take about an hour making a sim - I spend most of the time trying to get the right hair, a decent looking face and their everyday clothes. After this, I usually rush their other outfits because I don't really make them change clothes. If I make more than one sim, I sometimes rush the sims I make after because I get bored and you can't save a household half way through!! I wish they added a feature to leave a household unfinished and you can still edit existing sims and add new sims later. Is this already a thing? I know there's a cheat to go into full edit mode (I don't really use this).
  • superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Too much time, really. About 40 min. per sim and I am never truly satisfied.
  • RaindropsRaindrops Posts: 389 Member
    20 to 40 minutes, I usually only make an everyday outfit since I don't actually play the game so that saves me time, although i can't imagine spending more than 10 minutes on a face
    tumblr_oc39b9Vin11se7bv3o2_r1_500.gif